Hondo's Bar

Nemesis

The NZA

made comics alliance top 5 worst books of 2010

n4e1ys.jpgsmdg95.jpg

In fact, the only thing that keeps it from being the worst use of female sex organs in comics of the year -- a dubious award I like to refer to as The Tarot -- is Mark Millar and Steve McNiven's Nemesis #3.

For those of you who wisely chose to skip out on Millar's thinly veiled "what if Batman was a bad guy!!!" fanfic, the third issue sees Nemesis kidnap a police chief's two kids and then impregnate the daughter with the son. And then, against all odds, he figures out how to make it worse:

vaginatrap.jpg

He booby-traps her uterus so they can't abort the incest baby.

I cannot possibly add anything to that that would make it sound dumber than it already is, except to say that I actually have a grudging respect for Millar for figuring out an even better way to exploit the audience that lines up to make him rich by buying anything that triggers their ""OMG that's so wrong!" response. In a way, it's brilliant. It's just a shame it's not brilliant in any way that could possibly be considered "good."

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've an inclination to acknowledge that this is all part of the plan I concieved 10 years ago and mail you the hardcover you should have recieved yesterday, thus becoming your favourite Hondonian of all time & replacing CJ as your best friend. The plan culminates in a sham divorce and a 'three's company'-type situation with you, me and Kati.

My best guess right now is Alana becomes Joel's beard until such time as we've both gained legal citizenship and can remarry.

Archived