Hondo's Bar

A Tribute To Johnny Cash and Preacher

alive she cried

haha, thanks.

the goal (back on the prachers divinity boards) was to come up with something that fit the scenes, without changing over genres too greatly - i wanna say this was MLB or one of the other guys who didnt know/like music before 1990, so i figured someone else'd do The Pogues and euro stuff. i just jotted down a bunch of mostly classic rock stuff and places they might fit, sort've as placeholders to try out later, but then a) i didnt really want to re-read the entire series and put in the real work for such a list, and b) clearly what id put down even in theory was so awful, i lost inspiration. plus, given the way that board flowed in the day, 2T prolly had just posted another saved by the bell fanfic and we'd moved on anyway, but...yeah. pretty fucking bad.

that said, i learned the concept from Scud: The Disposable Assassin, and thought the idea itself is fantasic, if you dont mind getting a bit esoteric with your choices. Brian Wood's book Demo usually had 90% of choices id have to look up online, heh.

Dammit, I made the mistake of enjoying a coffee while reading your soundtrack. I should have realized I was entering the Danger Zone at Dave Mathews but, like a fool, I read on.

Kid Rock made me cough coffee up through my nose and now my arm is all sticky.

Fuck beans tho, you've got some pair of stones.

i like kid rock, from that era. even saw him in concert. by god, one of you says something cross, i will remove one of my balls from this wheelbarrow and go upside your head with it.

we should really do a "musical confessions" thread of guilty pleasures. itd be an awesome thread.

i like kid rock, from that era. even saw him in concert. by god, one of you says something cross, i will remove one of my balls from this wheelbarrow and go upside your head with it.

we should really do a "musical confessions" thread of guilty pleasures. itd be an awesome thread.

i don't get logan's high-horse attitude when it comes to kid rock. sure the man has turned into some odd mutation of southern rock from the 70s, but that first album he put out w/ "bull god" and "cowboy" was a great rock album. i'd take that over almost every album on thrizzle's best of the decade list. :sarcasm:

we already do. it's called the "now listening" thread.

i don't get logan's high-horse attitude when it comes to kid rock. sure the man has turned into some odd mutation of southern rock from the 70s, but that first album he put out w/ "bull god" and "cowboy" was a great rock album. i'd take that over almost every album on thrizzle's best of the decade list. :sarcasm:

we already do. it's called the "now listening" thread.

Well NZA, now we've confirmed that it's terrible because Haku agrees with you. Everyone knows that, as far as music goes, he's gayer than the volleyball scene in Top Gun. :birf2:

great, this thread now has me between the gaga fan and the guy who voted for afroman...

Tumbleweeds is the shit. And besides, how can you argue with lyrics like

Met a girl from Hawaii, put it in her ass and she said "AIII!"
? That's some classy, poetic shit right there.

• 3 weeks later...
i so wouldve gone to lilith fair, if even just for sarah mclaghlan or however you spell it. oh, you heard.

What have I told Hondo's about spelling Irish Celtic (it's Scottish) names wrong?

It's spelled "McLaughlin"

ASC- awesome.

Cheers, I'd love to do more....maybe I'll grab some suggestions from Nick's list, or better yet animate Nick's entire list? :ohface:

great, this thread now has me between the gaga fan and the guy who voted for afroman, exactly where i didnt want to be.

goddamn ASC and his duke image, i knew no good would come of this...except this bold new thread idea.

Please, you know you'd go face down on Gaga's engorged clitoris in a New York second.

gaga_artikel151009.jpg

Archived