Hondo's Bar

Member Titles

The NZA

Member titles - we should earn them!  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JZA: nay. maybe one day, but for now, your self-delusion about Invincible, Walking Dead and much of Kirkman's work will be a bitter reminder of what you did wrong.

MH - explain.

Benny - haha, i totally changed SSJ4's title last night and forgot about greyskull. soon fixed.

IF we're going to continue to do this, perhaps we should change it up a little. Maybe do it so that it can only be changed once every (to be decided on ) period of time. Or, you have to make a contribution to Hondo's in some way in order to change someone's title (which would last a certain amount of time then revert to the original member title?). Just a few (admittedly unoriginal) suggestions

So now Nick and Jax are just abusing their power, using my account to settle old arguements/debates. I think everybody should have this power.

It does sound like I'm whining here, but I'm not. I like it, I'll wear that badge loud and proud...throw away motherfuckers

How about for ASC: I prefer King Solomon's Mines to Indiana Jones. Please throw rocks at me.

:wink:

You are cruizin' for a bruizin', if one more person slags off the greatest Western ever made, I swear to God I'll punch the heart out of them :2T:

oh my god i cant stop wanting to change asc's title. once upon a time > good bad & ugyly OH GOD I CANT STOP BEING WRONG is confirmed as your next one.

IF we're going to continue to do this, perhaps we should change it up a little. Maybe do it so that it can only be changed once every (to be decided on ) period of time. Or, you have to make a contribution to Hondo's in some way in order to change someone's title (which would last a certain amount of time then revert to the original member title?). Just a few (admittedly unoriginal) suggestions

i love it; he doesnt want in, till he wants in.

the second part - on contributions - thats what im going for; you have to be loved/noticed enough to warrant even a mocking one. no reverting back, till you earn another, i says. but yeah, i think you get what i'm going for...some'll stay for quite a while, others should be fluid if you post/contribute enough to bring others about. i totally like the idea of members suggesting some for others as we go.

I still don't like it (we fear change), but that doesn't mean I can't make suggestions to make it more... palatable.

RE: the second part.

Actually I was suggesting that people make more tangible contributions in order to change someone's member title (I think I've heard of this on Something Awful).

ah, yeah - ray-ray was on about SA forums (they're pay, right?). gimme an example of what you mean, though.

Donations toward the bills. I honestly don't know how much it costs to keep this site going. Another (non-monetary) example would be doing things like the effort that was put into setting up Hondo's Share.

• 5 months later...

Some last lines from movies for your suggestion boxy.

“THE MEDIATOR BETWEEN HEAD AND HANDS MUST BE THE HEART!” (last title card) - Metropolis (1927)

“Mein Fuehrer, I can walk!” - Dr. Strangelove (1964)

“You finally really did it. You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!” - Planet of the Apes (1968)

“I was cured all right.” - A Clockwork Orange (1971)

“A man’s got to know his limitations.” Magnum Force (1973)

You’ve got to tell them soylent green is people. We’ve got to stop them somehow.” - Soylent Green (1973)

“Out there. That-a-way.” - Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)

“It's too bad she won't live -- but then again, who does?” (1992 Director's Cut) - Blade Runner (1982)

“Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.” - Back to the Future (1985)

"You're still here? It's over! Go home. Go!" - Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)

“Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king. -- Hail to the king, baby.” - Army of Darkness (1993)

“Mr. Hammond, after careful consideration, I've decided not to endorse your park.” - Jurassic Park (1993)

“Dick Laurent is dead.” - Lost Highway (1997)

was still throwing around what member title to issue across the board for former members who've left in a huff; notable suggestion so far was "I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR". any other suggestions?

I like "I said good day sir" it's not overly mean but it still takes the piss due to not being able "handle" Hondo's.

Archived