Hondo's Bar

How Have you NOT seen this movie!?! v. 4.0

How Have you NOT seen this movie!?! v. 4.0  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the South Park movie deserves an HM :D

Oh yeah. That too.

My comprehensive list of musicals that are worth a damn:

Hedwig and the Angry Inch

Dancer in the Dark

Wizard of Oz

South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut

Cannibal: The Musical

Repo: The Genetic Opera

Rocky Horror doesn't make the cut even though I've seen it many times because, lets face facts here, it is not a good movie. It's just comically bad.

The rest can go gargle razors.

I think the South Park movie deserves an HM :)

*le sigh* So Babytor isn't the only one that doesn't read the first post. :D Animated films were purposefully left off the list. I'll make that a separate poll for y'all to mock and complain about.

I submit Dancer in the Dark as another musical that isn't horrible.

That is all.

Are you nucking futz? That has to be one of the most depressing films ever in the history of ever. Fuck that ending in its ass.

Poor Selma just swinging there. It almost made me want to slit mah wrists it was so depressing. I had a brief yet unhealthy obsession w/ Bjork in my youth.

It was an excellent soundtrack though. :D

*le sigh* So Babytor isn't the only one that doesn't read the first post. :mad: Animated films were purposefully left off the list. I'll make that a separate poll for y'all to mock and complain about.

:blink: totally missed that. my bad lol. yea animated films should get there own thread @.@ but south park is a bit different I think and counts on its own.

Are you nucking futz? That has to be one of the most depressing films ever in the history of ever. Fuck that ending in its ass.

Poor Selma just swinging there. It almost made me want to slit mah wrists it was so depressing. I had a brief yet unhealthy obsession w/ Bjork in my youth.

It was an excellent soundtrack though. :cheers:

I HATE how people won't admit a movie is good if it doesn't have some happy ending. Sounds to me like it made you feel something. Myself, I don't give a fuck about what happens to characters in a shitty movie. Movies shouldn't exist to make people happy. Get a fucking helmet.

Doesn't give you warm fuzzies in your li'l tummy ≠ bad movie

I'll take a hundred heart wrenching Dancer in the Darks over 5 bland, lifeless, hollow, fake, ear stabbing minutes of Mama Mia or Grease

Done now. Sorry I missed your animation rule :welcome: .

OK, point made. It was a"good" musical I guess. I just never recommend it to anyone as I found the ending so ridiculously soul-crushingly depressing.

Bah. I'd recommend Grave of the Fireflies to others. I'd just warn them that it's depressing.

• 3 weeks later...
Grave of Fireflies is fucking Wizard of Oz compared to Dancer In The Dark.

Hehe. That sounds about right.

I forgot about Sweeney Todd, I dug that.

Also, now that it's on DVD it should totally count and it's totally awesome: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog. The best thing to come out of the writer's strike.

Sweeney Todd was vomit. And Dr. Horrible was awesome, but not a feature length musical film.

jesus christ, haku just half-scared me off dancer in the dark. it cant possibly be that depressing.

Yep. It is. Especially for someone who had this huge crush on Bjork back in the day like I did. However, she's been made into a joke by the media post-Oscars-swan dress (which she wore as she was nominated for a song from this movie), so maybe that'll lessen the blow for a hardcore gangsta such as yourself, Mr. NZA.

Archived