Hondo's Bar

Awful music appreciation

The NZA

tumblr_kx708lO0Kb1qa8qleo1_400.jpg

man every awful track ive heard from Ke$ha has been a variation on that PARTY LIKE PEE DIDDY valley-girl pop-rap shit that someone needs to throw in the bushes. she sounds like she's trying to get white girls to feel like they're doing something risky, like bowling without bumper lanes. i really try not to judge musical tastes much these days but you're pretty terrible when you can make katy perry's catalog sound interesting

I mean your argument is sound in much the same way that calling The Beastie Boys juvenile, or saying Psy is a not as cool as he thinks he is, or that Dr. Hook and the Medicine show are not good enough musicians to end up on the cover of Rolling Stone are true things. But that's kind of missing the point.

Edited by Iambaytor

It's the whole "look at how provocative I am!" quality of everything she does. I can look at Ozzy or Alice Cooper or even Marilyn Manson and between songs they're just people, I have never seen anything with Lady Gaga where she wasn't "on." She seems to have no personality and compensates by being aloof and gluing yodas and shit to her head. It all reeks of this "please like me" desperation that just builds disgust within me, I could dig it if it were a satire but if there's any joke she's either not in on it or so deep in character she'll never escape. And she is a talented musician and singer but she uses neither of those skills in her actual studio produced music, her music isn't even bad, it's just bland like Ace of Base and I'd ignore it like the generic pop trash it is if she wasn't also Kanye West's ego in human form.

TLDR: If you're gonna act like Prince, you'd better be able to make music like Prince. She can't.

i have to agre baytor on this: gaga seems like her style is for attention and marketing. But it could also be her way of expressing herself. sadly we will never know. so many musical artists change their persona, miley, christina, mariah. for me, i've really given up trying to figure it out.

here is another appreciation - (I think he is quite talented though but don't quite think i'll be starting a thread with him as the topic)

i have to agre baytor on this: gaga seems like her style is for attention and marketing.

also known as: every pop artist ever

seriously, this shouldn't confuse you, as a pop fan! this is like that time i had to explain to you & richard why hip hop producers make beats, right before he was on that "oh then it's not real music" and i had to go take a walk cause that was so dumb

See, but that's bullshit. Sure, a lot of pop stars are about attention and marketing, but the ones that people remember had the talent to back it up. You think people like Billy Joel, Elton John, Ozzy Osbourne, Prince, Bjork, or Michael Jackson would've got away with the shit they did if they were mediocre music? Do you know what they call musicians that are all spectacle and no quality? The Black Eyed Peas!

Edited by Iambaytor

alright, but your claim gaga has no talent is pretty subjective though, as i dig her stuff way more than others here/most of what spiffy posts

also BEP was a great band before the meth'd out white chick joined i'll have you know

I didn't say she doesn't HAVE talent, I said she doesn't USE it. Lady Gaga is no better or worse than Ace of Base, they even both do that thing where all their song have the same baseline on the drum machine, the difference is that Ace of Base isn't super annoying about everything else and I honestly believe it's the best they can do.

They were a little better, but I'll admit they weren't actively terrible. Still blaming Fergie is ignoring about 55% of the problem.

yeah, i still dig Ace of Base type shit. and even a newjack swing hating swaggerless man like yourself should acknowledge Joints & Jams as a fun track

Katy Perry has amazing tits and atrocious music; call me a year after she's on dancing with the stars so hopefully she "leaks" a sex tape before they're keeping her knees company

• 2 years later...

This is always in my "watch it again" list on youtube, AND I HAVE TO EVERY FUCKING TIME I'M ON THERE. I'm listening to it right now.

help

I have to blast this if it comes on when I'm driving.

Edited by Axels

• 1 year later...