Hondo's Bar

Awful Movie Appreciation

Keth

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All my previous roomates got a fair dose of these gems (guilty pleasures) suspend your urge to utilize common sense and just enjoy. hahaha!!

Driven

Dude, where's my car?

better off dead

"two dollars!"

Top Gun

"you can be my wingman anytime"

the big hit

"you guys supposed to be the spice boys or something?"

secret of my success

secretofmy.jpg

Demolition Man

The fast and furious 1-3

Wanted

Mission Impossible 2

i know why you wanna hate me.... rock on!

Last Action Hero

Tango and Cash

Tango_and_cash_02(1989).jpg

"Rambo is a pussy"

I'm sure i have more..... keep you updated

gonna have to say didn't catch running man... sadly.

why all the hate for blair witch and especially face off? face off was woo's #1 american movie... definately doesn't belong here. however, he brought us another entry in our camp appreciation:

Hard Target

look how much violence in that movie compared to paycheck and mi-2... it's like his stuff gets progressively worse over time

Edited by spiffytee

Big Trouble in Little China and I'm Gonna Git You Sucka do not belong here. Intentionally campy is not the same thing is bad.Also, Jumbie, c'mon. Blaming Soldier's mediocrity on Kurt Russell is like blaming the holocaust on the Jews. Kurt Russell has never been bad in anything, not even the movies he used to do for Disney when he was a kid.

Wasn't this concept explored in this thread already? May have to merge them...
I think you're thinking of this one.

so we gotta define bad/awful vs campy?

This thread is for movies of an irredemable nature that you enjoy regardless, not campy guilty pleasures.

If the director sets out to make the movie campy, then they succeeded. Big Trouble had good non-Kim Cattral acting, good cinematorgraphy, a good script (cheesy, but that was the point), good effects (for the time), a good soundtrack, and good box art. Look at it this way: Is Planet Terror a bad movie? The B in B-Movie doesn't stand for "bad."

As for I'm Gonna Git You Sucka, that was better than anything the Zuckers crapped out when they were good.

Top Gun bad? FUCK YOU!!!!!!

Anyhow irredeemable films that you love anyway?

Street Fighter for sure, love that film, love it more with time. So definitely agree.

American Ninja 2

Which at points reminds me of Shenmue, maybe it's the main character's outfit throughout most of the film.

DOA: Dead or Alive Eric Roberts doing martial arts. Kasumi with small tits. And Tim Hayabusa.

Bloodrayne

Drunk Michael Madsen, Michelle Rodriguez as English Noblewoman, and the most awkward sex scene ever in a theatrical release

Hard to Kill Steven Segal. At his greatest!

Can't believe the first one could be improved upon...... but here it is

this is the ultimate un-intentionally bad, good movie.

And i think the 1st Mortal Kombat is sorta generally accepted. I always thought it was good, even for being a PG13 Mortal Kombat it did a good job....... Part 2 on the other hand. But I still love it lol. Mainly for that Super Pumping music.

Monster Squad is a legitimately cheesy great film! As for MK2, even my love of bad cinema can't save that one. Christ, outside of the rain of Ninjas it is awful. What's scary is how many of these I have podcasted on. Heh.

House of the Dead 2 looks to be a better Resident Evil movie than RE: Apocalypse was, god that movie sucked. A LOT!

I have trouble putting the next one here because I think it is legitimately awesome, but:

Commando

This trailer explains its awesomeness to all!

Back to the truly bad, yet so good.

McBain

Christopher Walken, Action Hero.

Greatest kill ever!

And who can forget:

Roadhouse

god I miss the 1980s!

well... top gun is definitely a favorite of mine, but i honestly can't say it has any redeeming value.

bish, you can be my wingman anytime. hahaha..

Look, 1980s films were all about a good motherfucking yarn. Realism? Fuck it! Story? FUCK IT! All you needed were great one liners, a metric fuckton of testosterone, and some 1980s rock. Top Gun is awesome because it doesn't try to be anything more than AMERICA ROCKS, and so do fighter jets. And because of that it succeeds.

Edited by bishopcruz