Hondo's Bar

Oldskool Scheiße

MetalHeart

Amber and I forced CARLO and Pedro to watch these videos from shit we used to listen to back in the day. Before I developed my own sense of musical taste, I would adopt whatever my sisters listened to or liked, and this is a lot of those, but I really did enjoy them in their day.

Post older music that you really dug! Whether or not you're embarrassed about it now, haha!

Aw, come on, what's wrong with Seal. I'll admit it's melodramatic, but the man's not a bad musician. Also, Haku has beaten me on the bad metal frontier, the stuff I listened to was classic compared to yours.

The age difference is my excuse. Those vids I posted have 6th grade written all over them for me.

The age difference is my excuse. Those vids I posted have 6th grade written all over them for me.

It really isn't though, you forget that I was spawned in the midwest, and i was retro even for them. I was still rocking a tape player circa 2002 and I finally let my discman go my sophomore year of high school. I discovered all my brother's old cassettes when I was 11 and I pretty much followed that vein. Honestly, the only good thing out of that whole mess of his were Metallica's Black Album and Weird Al Yankovic's Alapalooza (For reasons I still can't fathom and he either doesn't recall or won't disclose, he had a Toni Braxton tape) but as much as I loved me some Poison, Twisted Sister, and Kiss I still recognized Cinderella as shit.

NZA: Scheiße is an alternate spelling for schisse (shy-zah) which, as MH wrote, is German for shit.

It really isn't though, you forget that I was spawned in the midwest, and i was retro even for them. I was still rocking a tape player circa 2002 and I finally let my discman go my sophomore year of high school. I discovered all my brother's old cassettes when I was 11 and I pretty much followed that vein. Honestly, the only good thing out of that whole mess of his were Metallica's Black Album and Weird Al Yankovic's Alapalooza (For reasons I still can't fathom and he either doesn't recall or won't disclose, he had a Toni Braxton tape) but as much as I loved me some Poison, Twisted Sister, and Kiss I still recognized Cinderella as shit.

Dude, that doesn't make you retro--it makes you insanely nerdy. But God loves the nerds. And no doubt Cinderella was shit, have a look at that video, but when that Cinderella song "Don't Know What You Got" came on the slow dancin' commenced. Ditto for that gawdawful Firehouse song. If your testicles had dropped by the 6th grade you'd know to cut me some slack on that one. Also this one:

Actually, I think I still have the Mr. Big song on my iPod. I'll take the flack for that one. :ohface:

Here's another jr. high slow-dancin' fave:

Archived