Hondo's Bar

Captain America

The NZA

And I thought you were going to bitch about Ben Affleck's Matt Murdock not having red hair.

If a ship is full of holes, I'm not going to complain about the paint job. Besides, Matt Murdock's hair wasn't as iconic as Steve Rogers' (we could go into the irony that our Nazi fighting superhero is pretty much the perfect Aryan superman, but we wont)

comicbookmovie.com

Chris Evans IS Marvel's Captain America!

According to several sources now, Chris Evans has accepted the role of Steve Rogers aka Captain America.

UPDATE 2:Hollywood Deadline is verifying the casting news.

"Marvel Studios is moving toward a deal with Chris Evans to star in The Captain America movie. This was a world class bake-off, though I heard that Channing Tatum and Garret Hedlund passed. Now it’s down to negotiating, where Marvel plays hard."

UPDATE:Variety is now confirming that Chris Evans has accepted the role and will be playing Captain America.

"Chris Evans will don the star-spangled superhero suit to play Captain America for Marvel Entertainment. Deal calls for Evans to star in at least three "Captain America" movies, as well as "The Avengers," which will assemble Iron Man, Thor and the Incredible Hulk in one pic."

According to THR once again, Chris Evans has accepted the role of Captain America.

Sources tell us the actor has not only accepted Marvel's offer, first detailed on Friday, but that the dealmaking moved so fast it's now all about dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

Of course, Marvel & Chris Evans's representatives still aren't commenting. Chris apparently was offered the role Friday, and took the weekend to decide. With this still not being anything confirmed, it's pretty obvious he could be Our new Captain America.

Wrestlers are looking pretty good now huh? Is Evans the Bucky Cap with the shiny suit? I think he's good n all, will he do a great job? sure, but as Steve I don't know...I can't see him ordering Robert Downey to assemble...Triple H shoulda been Thor. Oh and the new Johnny Storm should be Nick Hogan and that hot blonde from Law and Order that was the DA I think for awhile (she wore glasses in the show) is a perfect Sue Storm (Jessica Alba as a blonde?? When dye jobs go BAD!)

The only decent casting suggestion I've heard for Captain America was Alex Ross' vote for John Hamm. Personally I'm willing to give Evans the benefit of the doubt seeing as he was a shining star in that abysmal sea of shit that were the Fantastic Four movies. It's not easy to be awesome when your character is practically a punchline.

what was your take on Chiklis? im totally biased cause of his Shield performance.

My take on Chiklis is that if they would have given him the eyebrow he would have been the perfect Thing. Literally my only problem with him was the make-up and only that he didn't have the Thing's sloping apelike forehead/brow thing. Chiklis captured the character perfectly and you'd be hard pressed to find somebody who could do it better.

I could be wrong, but they probably tried a version with the brow and thought they couldn't get it to look right by moving correctly with his facial expressions. The movement of the brow is key to facial expressions.

Roger Corman managed it, I can't imagine somebody with a budget couldn't.

comicbookmovie.com

Marvel finally Confirms Chris Evans as Captain America, along with Sebastian Stan as Bucky.

Recently learning from every media site, but Marvel themselves, that Chris Evans would portray Steve Rogers in The First Avenger: Captain America. Now, the Marvel Studios press release has unveiled, confirming things.

Marvel's Press Release...

Marvel Studios has officially confirmed that Chris Evans will star as Captain America and Sebastian Stan will portray Cap's sidekick Bucky in the studio's highly anticipated movie "The First Avenger: Captain America," directed by Joe Johnston from a script penned by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely.

"The First Avenger: Captain America" will focus on the early days of the Marvel Universe when Steve Rogers volunteers to participate in an experimental program that turns him into the Super Soldier known as Captain America."

Chris Evans, is officially apart of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, When Steve Rogers comes to the modern times in The Avengers, he will join Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Samuel L. Jackson, possibly Edward Norton, and will be rejoined with Scarlett Johansson for the third time.

chriscap.jpg

buckyban.jpg

• 2 months later...

AICN may or may not have the scoop on legit costume mock-ups. Then again these could just be elaborate fan mock-ups as this site has mislead us on costumes before. (*cough*Spider-Man1-3*cough*) The costume looks OK. I like how they went more w/ The Ultimates Cap look. Also, I'm not sure why his pants just can't be blue and require weirdass embroidery/seems all over.

Click for more and bigger shots.

capam3.jpg

capam4.jpg

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

Wait. Isn't the first movie supposed to take place during his time in WW2? Why would he have such a teched-up suit? Maybe, it'll make an appearance after he's found and 'resurrected', but I don't think it'll be the main one for the movie. And that pic with the black and red looks like US Agent. Nobody want's to see that.

i like it. i do hope they use closer to the WW II outfit in Ultimates 1 flashback, that was an amazing costume, cant imagine they'd pass on that...but the movie's obviously (i figure) not gonna stay in WW II for its entirety, so for a modern costume..i think that looks good. Cap's one of the characters like :ghost: and others who i really dont see their outfit transferring straight to film without looking like, well...

352reph.jpg

...anyway, yeah, not sure if real but if it is, i think it looks good. panch, which one were you saying looks like US Agent?

• 1 month later...