Hondo's Bar

Best Mario game

Reverend Jax

Favorite Mario  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fuck a duck! I meant to click on Super Mario Galaxy but apparently clicked "New Super Mario" instead. WTF is that game eve? Anger bonerzzz!!!!!!111!

SMB3 was a close second, but that game is colored w/ the rosy glasses of nostalbia. SM Glaxy actually gave me hours of enjoyment as an adult. Outside of fap'n, there's not much else that can hold that claim.

I haven't played the new Super Mario game for the Wii, but I haven't heard good things about it...

The spin-off was no contest: Mario Kart. I prefer it on the Wii, but it rules in pretty much all its incarnations.

LY is right, the RPG was never my cup o' tea, but it's a pretty egregious omission, Jax. Fix dat, son!

Super Mario 3 is my all time fav, and I play Mario games religiously.

See, pics of that (either in or out of your undies) would've clinched the hottest chick win for you. There's always next year. :wink:

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

Super Mario World and Smash Bros.! :wink: Mario paint and Mario Kart are close runner ups for the spinoffs for me. But beating the shit out of jigglypuff was something I didn't think would ever happen. Super Mario World was THE first video game I ever played in my life so I hold a special place for it.

Yeah 3 is the best one evar!

It just look so damn good for a NES game

and it had the best levels too.

I think it was world 5 which was the "Giant World" that was just awesome.

Anyone else remember how to get the warp flute?

There's two of them. One in world one level three and one in the first castle. With those I can beat the whole game in about fifteen minutes.

Super Mario World has to be my fave because it was the first Mario I ever beat on my own...SMB2 is a close second, though (playing as the Princess, of course)...for spinoff, I could play Dr. Mario all day/every day and not get bored of it...

I haven't played the new Super Mario game for the Wii, but I haven't heard good things about it...

I'm stuck in World 3 at the moment...I don't dislike this game, but I am frustrated with it...I've died so many times that it is just annoying to me at this point. I am tempted to print out a walk through to help me out...but I digress. It plays almost exactly like SMB3 with a twist & turn here and there. So far, I give it a 7 out of 10 mushrooms...

This poll will get no votes from me until Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars is added.

LY is right, the RPG was never my cup o' tea, but it's a pretty egregious omission, Jax. Fix dat, son!

SMRPG is not a standard Mario platformer, which is why it's in the spin-off category. Vote for it as your favorite spin-off, but it's not going in the first poll question.

Fuck a duck! I meant to click on Super Mario Galaxy but apparently clicked "New Super Mario" instead. WTF is that game eve? Anger bonerzzz!!!!!!111!

I edited the poll to reflect your vote for Galaxy.

Edited by Reverend Jax

How is smworld getting as many votes as sm3? I mean, yeah the yoshi action is cool, but once you beat the game, and all the hidden levels they give you a "bonus" which turns out to be the same damn game but the bad guys look different. Lame! I've beaten both more times than I can count and sm3 stays entertaining, whereas I get bored of smworld. Besides if I really wanted yoshi fun I'd play yoshis island.

well, that "bonus" was there for mario 1, no? youd beat the game, and theyd replace goombas with beetle guys and make it harder.

Mario 3 was amazing, Mario World introduced yoshi and the flying/cape physics thing. i think they're both fantastic, i guess ive never tried putting one over the other...how would you go about this? comparing certain levels against others, or wha?

earlier, jax cited Mario 64 as being "too short", for having beat it in one day when he was a kid. ive never even heard this complaint: ive not finished mario galaxy yet, but most others on this list can be done in 1 day as well...guess ive never heard this objection before.

SMRPG is not a standard Mario platformer, which is why it's in the spin-off category. Vote for it as your favorite spin-off, but it's not going in the first poll question.

I edited the poll to reflect your vote for Galaxy.

Thanks for the fix. But did you even click Ly's link? The game he's talking about is separate from Paper Mario. It deifnitely should have its own listing under "spin-offs."