Hondo's Bar

Best Mario game

Reverend Jax

Favorite Mario  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How is smworld getting as many votes as sm3? I mean, yeah the yoshi action is cool, but once you beat the game, and all the hidden levels they give you a "bonus" which turns out to be the same damn game but the bad guys look different. Lame! I've beaten both more times than I can count and sm3 stays entertaining, whereas I get bored of smworld. Besides if I really wanted yoshi fun I'd play yoshis island.

No Ghost Houses, that song alone is enough to win it the gold.

No Ghost Houses, that song alone is enough to win it the gold.

Ghost houses? That's what wins you over? 3 has the boats to beat. Plus way cooler worlds. The one where everything giant, the one where you can be a frog, the one where you can jump around in a boot. It's coolness just goes on and on.

Ghost houses? That's what wins you over? 3 has the boats to beat. Plus way cooler worlds. The one where everything giant, the one where you can be a frog, the one where you can jump around in a boot. It's coolness just goes on and on.

You're referring to the boot that lets you jump on like two enemies and then falls off, leaving you to the mercy of the world? Or the frog suit which lets you do... pretty much what you do anyway, just in a stupider outfit? And the boats are an excercise in annoyance and timing, they made me wish for the bygone days of castles that only shot fireballs at me. Plus Yoshi, a fair amount of worlds, and that stupid sun didn't ever appear (I can deal with Lakitu, but that sun... *shakes fist*)

The sun level is so easy! Way easier than trying to fly under the finish line to get to the other hidden finish line on the bridge! Or some of those damn bonus levels named stuff like mondo or groovy. Some of those are really hard. But that's not even the point. Sm3 is just more fun. But I love them both. Smworld would be my numer 2 pick. I've played those two more than the others. I've also logged alot of hours on all the ones that were included in all stars, and paper Mario. I don't have a 64 so I haven't had much play time with those. I took my super nintendo to college with me, so I can play pretty well while drunk, too.

The Airship levels where much better then the castle levels they where just insanely fun and frantic.

Frog mario made the water levels a piece of piss but still fun.

Mario world is a great game but in over all design number 3 wins hands down.

Why did the sun have such a hatred for Mario anyway? I mean he wasn't a Ginger. Maybe the Sun just hates wogs Italians.

You're referring to the boot that lets you jump on like two enemies and then falls off, leaving you to the mercy of the world? Or the frog suit which lets you do... pretty much what you do anyway, just in a stupider outfit? And the boats are an excercise in annoyance and timing, they made me wish for the bygone days of castles that only shot fireballs at me. Plus Yoshi, a fair amount of worlds, and that stupid sun didn't ever appear (I can deal with Lakitu, but that sun... *shakes fist*)
The boot you got must've been different than the one I got. The one I got let you stomp any number of enemies, and came off when you were hit from the side or from above. The frog suit wasn't much use on dry land, but in water would increase your control of your movement (allowing you to navigate areas with much more ease and safety.
Why did the sun have such a hatred for Mario anyway? I mean he wasn't a Ginger. Maybe the Sun just hates wogs Italians.
Wogs?

Its an Auzzie term of endearment, MATE.

although some might take offence

The Moar You Know

wow read the $cientology bit about Wogs

"$cientology's founder L. Ron Hubbard defined wog as a common, everyday garden-variety humanoid ... He 'is' a body. [He] doesn't know he's there, etc. He isn't there as a spirit at all. He is not operating as a thetan."

Sounds like L. Ron has been to Rapture.

Edited by Mr. Sexy Hat

So the main poll should only have one game listed, as they're all action platformers.
What? No, the two polls are which is your favorite of the core Mario games (which are action platformers), and which is your favorite spin-off series. This is no reason why every spin-off game needs an individual vote, and consolidating all the platformers into one choice defeats the purpose of this poll.

I'm sorry, but if SMRPG is your favorite Mario game, it's because you don't like Mario games.

I dunno that I can pick just one, I had such a fantastic time with so many games in the series and several of them were groundbreaking in the things they did or just plain the best games of their times. Alot of these game have both a place in history and in my heart!

If I had to pick and choose.... I think it would come down to 3 or 64 tbh.

What? No, the two polls are which is your favorite of the core Mario games (which are action platformers), and which is your favorite spin-off series. This is no reason why every spin-off game needs an individual vote, and consolidating all the platformers into one choice defeats the purpose of this poll.

I'm sorry, but if SMRPG is your favorite Mario game, it's because you don't like Mario games.

But it is a seperate game from the Paper Mario Series, just because they are both RPGs doesn't mean that they are the same. They are seperate series and deserve seperate categories in the spinoffs.

If that's the case, then there's a lot of games that shouldn't be included in the poll. In fact, the whole second part shouldn't be there. If the purpose of the second part is to find out what type of non-core games you like they should've been listed as types (with examples in parenthesis behind them like you did with "Mario Sports").

Incorrect. I liked 1-3 ( Mario 3 the most of the trio, with 2 a close second) and Mario 64 a great deal. I just happened to like Mario RPG (the only game between that and Paper Mario that actually has RPG in its title) more.

Edited by Lycaon

not sure what the nitpicking is; he only messed up lumping a few things together for not wanting to list every single title mario's done (most polls'd lump the Mario Kart series together, and fans'd then argue about the nuances between different installments). I see the complaint about Mario RPG vs Paper Mario, but its a rookie mistake, lots of people who didnt play both do that. really, the true crime here is the absence of Mario is Missing!.

That, and Luigi's Mansion is an odd choice for bracket A. either way, like gun, i still cant yet honestly answer the first part of this. I played enough of Galaxy to see its appeal but not yet rank it up there with 3, SMBW, or 64.

not sure what the nitpicking is; he only messed up lumping a few things together for not wanting to list every single title mario's done (most polls'd lump the Mario Kart series together, and fans'd then argue about the nuances between different installments). I see the complaint about Mario RPG vs Paper Mario, but its a rookie mistake, lots of people who didnt play both do that. really, the true crime here is the absence of Mario is Missing!.

Because Paper Mario isn't fucking dinosaur names! Super Mario RPG, they were actually rather different games and one can not like one and love the other based on more than just it's not about a sport they're into.

Edited by Iambaytor

I know Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 fans that HATE Double Dash. I don't see what the problem is. If you like SMRPG, vote for that. If you liek Paper Mario, vote for that. Think of them as running mates. you can't vote for McCain without also voting for Palin.