Hondo's Bar

Shinobi....

spiffytee

Robo-who...?

Shinobi's lookin badass; if Junker ever comes back, he'll verify - i think i showed him some trailers before i left. No stealthy tenchu action, just hack & slash, old school Shinobi stuff but in 3D, and the controls look good. Ill post a review soon as its out, which i think oughta be in a few months or so...good link tho Spiffy.

PS dont hesitate to use the info i left on the IGN Insider post to check out the trailers they have there for more footage.

Tenchu is indeed cool, just glad to see Shinobi's back to old school hack & slash.

GTA Vice City comes out over here 10/28 according to Electronics Boutique.

I think Gamecube is very much worth getting; its the cheapest of em, best 4-player games, and the only one with Mario, Zelda, Metriod, and the new Miyamoto ones like Pikmin. Depends on what games you go for; our resident Spifytee, for instance, aint happy unless the game oozes blood, so they got Eternal Darkness and Resident Evil (exclusively) for him. Doesnt matter tho, he's an X-Box fan.

Yeah was looking at the game of Resident Evil, looks the dogs bollacks, was a great fan of the original PS1 series, especially RE2 but thought Code Veronica X on the PS2 was fairly disappointing, bought it on platinum.

Over this side of the pond we can pick up a gamecube for €200 approx, but games are about €65-€70 which is almost the same as dollars, todays market anyway!! So i dunno, i am happy with my PS2. Can't wait for GTA4, Devil May Cry 2, and Pro Eveolution Soccer 2!! So i dunno, maybe i might get one after my 21st in November!!

Fair enough, just dont fall for that cartoony hype shit. Metroid looks great, but Mario & Zelda could look pre-school & still be a blast to play. Personally, im kinda tired of super-realistic first person shooters with blood, gore and repetitive gameplay; gimme somethin by Miyamoto (creator of Zelda, Metroid, Mario, so many others) with good level layout, bosses, control, etc - an overall fun game. But like i said, its up to your preference. If youre into dark shit, tho, you should try Eternal Darkness, that one was really fucked up too, pretty good.

Yeah, as usual, most of Nintendo's lineup is aimed for a younger audience. But I can vouch for the fact that the new Resident Evil looks incredible, and will scare the ever living shit out of it. And if you want more, Resident Evil 0 is coming out soon, only for GameCube. I've seen some screens from that, and it blows the last one away.

Shinobi's lookin cool as hell, new ninja gaiden would be pretty fuckin cool too. As for the gamecube thing, hell yes it's worth buyin. Thing about the gamecube is that I figure it'll be a bit like the N64, you'll have fewer games, but you'll play each of em till your fingers bleed. I probably got more hours out of mario 64 than any RPG I've played. Replay value is usually amazing on those. It's easily the best multiplayer system around, insanely cool 4 player stuff all over the place. If you want the blood and gore, nintendo is going to great lengths to kill their kiddie image. Them putting out eternal Darkness and aquiring resident evil is a good example. I'm sure more "mature" stuff is on the way anyways. PS2 is nothin to scoff at tho, right now it's the best one out I'd say, but it's had a lot more time to build up a library, it's already second generation and all that. Best thing about PS2 is cheap games. I got devil may cry to 14 bucks, metal gear for 20, virtua fighter 4 for 30, building up a fne library by waiting a bit for used stuff. Gamecube isnt old enough to have deals like that yet, but the system is more than worth getting.