Hondo's Bar

Nintendo 3DS

gunsmithx

• 2 weeks later...

Firmware update is live. I can finally file my ambassador games.

WARNING: This update blocks several types of R4 cards. As of right now:

Working:

• R4i Gold 3DS (r4ids.cn)
  • Acekard 2i (HW81) (acekard.com) - Updated for DSi 1.44 before
  • R4i-SDHC 3DS (r4i-sdhc.com) - Updated for DSi 1.44 before
  • R4i Gold Plus (r4ids.com) - Updated for DSi 1.44 before
  • R4iTT Purple / Black (r4itt.net) - Updated for DSi 1.44 before
  • R4i-Gold Pro (r4i-gold.com)

Not Working:

• R4i-Gold 3DS (r4i-gold.com)
  • Supercard DS2 (supercard.sc)
  • TTi (ndstt.com)
  • R4i Gold (non-3DS, r4ids.cn)
  • M3i zero GMP-Z003 (m3adapter.com)
  • R4i RTS
  • R4i RTS lite

So if you use one that isn't updated yet, you might wanna sit on this until there's an update for it.

yeah, folders are nice but i like having all my games out there, it's the patching system they finally put in that i was excited for. no more cheating in mario kart 7, for one!

and who's using R4's, and how? i haven't followed the scene, just know they're not region-cracked yet. are these the old ones for bootlegging DS games? i had no idea those'd even work.

Ohhhhh that Nazzlers.

I don't remember if you slept on the DSi or not. So if you're referring to those ancient things that went in the GBA slot, please know that I'm referring to the SD cards that we've been using for the last half a decade.

As far as I know, actual 3DS games haven't been cracked by any yet. But the Supercard DS2 does all DS games and has an onboard SNES and GBA emulator.

3DS boots as normal at first, the card replaces the icon where a game would normally be. After you load it, it runs off it's own OS.

There really isn't much in the way of exploits, since you can't run backup 3DS games or have a game in the slot at the same time. It does come with a built in cheat engine for ROM's though.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 Will be Nintendo’s First Proper Downloadable Game

The freshly-announced New Super Mario Bros. 2, for the 3DS, sees Nintendo entering the digital download age for real, as the game will be available as either a packaged product at retail or as a downloadable title (which is saved to an SD card). Other titles will follow. Strangely, the downloadable option will also be available at retailers.

Good call, good idea. Should have done it last year.

they really stepped it up there though, last night's presser:

1) that mario 2 news

2) WU is gonna have full digital download titles at launch

3) you can buy said full titles at retail, buy a code at retail, or from nintendo's eshop. they purposely did not set a price so retailers can compete with each other over said codes, which sounds good to me as a consumer, kinda impressed they took it that far.

strange to see them go from finally implementing a patching system to such a broad push for DD, but i do feel like they're paying attention.

all things considered though...that really wasn't that bad a report.

Yen was depreciated beyond our exchange rates assumptions in terms of the rates at the end of the fiscal year, and assets in foreign currencies evaluated by the exchange rates at the end of the fiscal year generated valuation profit (reversal of valuation loss). Therefore, ordinary loss and net loss became smaller than we had assumed.

sales were lower than expected, but they've got 2 pokemon games and a mario this year alone, plus iwata said the pricecut hit them but they'd be in the black with production costs by fall.

plus most analysts seem to only cover half the presentation:

3dssoftwareokoqh.png

nintendohardwaref5rq5.png

i think the DS either overtook or is close to taking PS2 as the best selling of all time, and the 3DS beat its first year sales. basically pulling the plug on the wii a year early wasn't wise, but their presser was saying they've put a lot more effort into the WU's launch, since the 3DS one was so abysmal.

seriously though, they're still in the best shape of all 3, i think. it's sony's losses that worry me at this point, i really hope Kaz turns that ship around soon.

why would it be free when they can charge you $40

i didnt really play the last one that much yet, it seems more co-op than anything and i didnt really dig the art style. definitely one of those ill look at if reviews are good/friends get it though.

oh yeah, got my wires crossed - i meant the wii one but oddly, most of the same complaints apply: i didn't like Super Mario DS (the art style or what i played of it, which was only an hour or so to be fair). I really liked Mario Land 3D more but im kinda stuck with some bullshit on it right now.

this one is throwing even more mario 3 references though (return of the p-wing & meter!), god knows if its nearly as fun as that one ill be all over it.

I was assuming "the New Mario Bros." (the wii game) was getting a sequel on the 3DS... But youre right its the DS 1.. I was friken addicted to that Wii crack for quite a bit (closest thing to Mario 3-2, you know)

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/04/27/nintendo-will-sell-new-super-mario-bros-2-as-a-download-too-wii-u-retail-games-downloadable-day-one/

Yea this is supposed to be a link above this sentence but can't get it to show

Edited by IceManML

• 1 month later...

0uxXv.jpg

WELL, SHIT

i gotta have that thing. looks like red, blue and silver so far - hate to see my sexy zelda unit go, but i need that screen in my life. lotta news today newt, you caught the Fire Emblem: Awakening announcement? 2013, though, hopefully AC shows up this year somehow.

do you wanna buy this zelda one man? lemme know, ima sell it after upgrading if not

speaking of, the streetpass thing for soul hackers sounds pretty awesome. and hey, maybe we can finally share a village in Animal Crossing!

details:

12:20 Soul Hackers from Atlus. Over 300 types of demons will be in the game. Famous voice actors.

Soul Hackers StreetPass with your demon host, Nemecchi. 8/30, 6279 yen.

colors so far:

White:

colorWhiteClose.jpgcolorWhiteOpen.jpg

Red X Black:

colorRedClose.jpgcolorRedOpen.jpg

Silver X Black:

colorSilverClose.jpgcolorSilverOpen.jpg

hoping for a blue, personally. you just know they'll do a sexy Fire Emblem or some other special edition like a month after i buy in, too. august 19th...i wonder how far off the WU will be from then, too.

*edit looks like we are getting the ac adapter, so that's uh, good

original.jpg

blue! so mine.