Hondo's Bar

Cliques @ Hondo's & newer members feeling left out

The NZA

hondos & member cliques  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well, uh...like jax said, go in knowing that it doesnt scream "this is JZA's cup of tea." maybe youll have fun with it regardless? i dunno. then again, i got you to read cleremont once somehow, so the bar's not overly-high for me.

i forget, maybe i repressed it: the line in your sig, that's sexy hat? i smell a member title.

• 3 months later...

So I have been here for a long time, albeit on and off. I post almost exclusively in politics these days, whereas, I used to post in all the forums pretty broadly. Part of that is that I am now much more politically active than I was 10 years ago when I joined. Mainly though, its just hoping beyond hope that when I get a reply, its from someone OTHER than archangel, or Jumbie. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate and consider ALL of Jumbie's posts. Sometimes I don't reply to him because he usually posts a really long article that I do not have time to read, OR I would really like someone else to weigh in! As far as arch is concerned, I am really tired of the same circular arguments that we have. No disrespect to him as a person, but our ability to have any kind of serious political discussion is limited by the fact that we are utterly diametrically opposed to one anothers point of view. Every argumnet we have must neccessarily go back to the beginning. Lately, I post things to balance out his stuff and without the rest of you weighing in, its not a discussion, its a soap box. Like i said, i've been here a long time, so if I have ever attacked anyone for their views rather than tried to discuss them with you (Benny) I apologize. But I would love it if more people posted in politics. I want all people to be thinking and acting politically whenever they can. Regardless of your beleifs the shit going on affects us all. Why not discuss it? (This includes Arnah. We have an international community here, we should know whats happening. Please post more.)

I gotta point to something like Miami, and the fact that despite having never met the guy, nor interacted online with him much at all, I was able to spot Yahve and his poor, bewildered lady friend, total strangers to me otherwise, and be all' HONDOS!!'(I imagine the delivery was loud and drunken). Outside of cults it's rare to find that kind of anonymous comradery and despite occasionally feeling neglected the pinch of cliques, something like that makes it all worthwhile.

Tu: I'll do my best, for you :misty: I'm not very political to begin with, though, and a lot of this stuff is over my head. I'm pretty dumb and ignorant when it comes to world events and politics. But I want to change that, so I'll try to read up on stuff. <3

For me, being brought in through Spycer I at least knew SOMEONE here when I first got in (even if he's hardly on these days *coughcough*) and I starting chatting with NZA and Little Lund shortly after that. For a long time i did feel like an outsider and was a bit wary of posting anything, if at all. I've gotten over most of it but I rarely throw down in areas like politics or philosophy like i'd like to. Given a bit more time i'm sure i'll feel more a part of the "one of us" mentality but for now it's at least nice to get to know some of the memebers here.

• 1 year later...

For me, being brought in through Spycer I at least knew SOMEONE here when I first got in (even if he's hardly on these days *coughcough*) and I starting chatting with NZA and Little Lund shortly after that. For a long time i did feel like an outsider and was a bit wary of posting anything, if at all. I've gotten over most of it but I rarely throw down in areas like politics or philosophy like i'd like to. Given a bit more time i'm sure i'll feel more a part of the "one of us" mentality but for now it's at least nice to get to know some of the memebers here.

Screw you, hippie.

• 3 years later...