Hondo's Bar

Grand Theft Auto

King of Snake

"From the decade of big hair, excess and pastel suits comes a story of one man's rise to the top of the criminal pile. Vice City is a huge urban sprawl ranging from the beach to the swamps and the glitz to the ghetto and is the most varied, complete and alive digital city ever created. Combining non-linear gameplay with a character-driven narrative, you arrive in a town brimming with delights and degradation and are given the opportunity to take it over as you choose. Pop stars, real-estate developers, politicians, trailer trash: everyone is moving to Vice City to find out what makes it the number one growth city in America. But, as you'll quickly find out, trust is still the rarest of commodities.

Vice City offers vehicular pleasures to suit every taste. For the speed enthusiast, there are high-performance cars and motorbikes. For the sportsman, a powerboat or a golf buggy lets you enjoy the great outdoors. For those that need that sense of freedom and escape, why not charter a helicopter and see the beauty of Vice City from the air?

As the party capital of America, you would expect your ears to be seduced by a host of sultry melodies and pumping beats, but you'll be amazed as you sweep the through Vice City's FM dial. Tune into some driving rock, some crucial electro or maybe you want to slow down with some sweet soul--and there'll always be some great romantic anthems if you want to really take your mind off things. For the action man or the outdoors type, there're tons of fun things to do and adventures to be had. For the secretive or creepy type, Vice City is full of surprises; a place where you'll constantly be surprised by the vivacious, fun-loving types who live there and the things you can discover."

- Rockstar Games

Some facts:

- - - - - - - - - - - GTA3 - - - - - - Vice City

Weapons - - - - - 15 - - - - - - - - - 40

Vehicles - - - - - - 50 - - - - - - - - 120

Hrs of Music- - - 3.5 hours - - - - 9 hours

Voice-overs - - - 2000 - - - - - - - 8000

- You can now enter buildings

- Auto-targetting and instant lock-on

- Features martial arts moves

- Motorbikes are included, as are golf-carts!

- Improved police and citizen AI

- All inhabitants are fully skinned and more varied

- You can duck for cover behind benches and walls

- Tyres can be shot out

- Pizza delivery mini-game included

- Twice the size of Liberty City, and all accessible from the start

- Voice-acting from over 20 Hollywood actors, with the main character voiced by Ray Liotta!

- Over 90 songs licensed from the 80s including Judas Priest, Blondie, Flock of Seagulls, Kool and the Gang, Hall and Oates, Grandmaster Flash, Cutting Crew and more!

GTA3 was brilliant, this is shaping up to be better, preorder it now! The official site is up and running, check it out at

http://www.rockstargames.com/vicecity/

Update:

The first 9 confirmed tracks:

Flock of Seagulls - I Ran

Laura Brannigan - Self Control

Judas Priest - You've Got Another Think Coming

Hall And Oates - Do It For Love

Blondie - Atomic

Grandmaster Flash - The Message

Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Starting Something

Cutting Crew - I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight

Kool And The Gang - Summer Madness

Confirmed melee weapons:

Machete

Screwdriver

Baseball bat

Hammer

Meat cleaver

Knife

Katana

AI update:

- Citizens will now jog, read papers, sunbathe, sit on benches and rollerblade. They chat, ask for change, argue, flirt, fight and swear.

- Sometimes you'll hear sirens and wonder what you did...the cops'll be busy chasing other criminals and gangs.

And finally here's the pic to make you salivate even more!!:

GTA%20-%20Sparrow.jpg:D:D:pig::D:D

Ssssh! You'll confuse the Americans with the s-word...

More info:

- Second confirmed voice actor is Luis Guzman of such films as Carlito's Way, Out of Sight ("Fake legs?!") and Boogie Nights to name a few.

- As mentioned you can shoot out tyres, but you can also shoot people in their cars thru the window.

- In addition when in cars you can also shoot forwards now.

- The car damage model has been improved, hit a car with a bat and the bonnet crumples, shoot thru a window and the glass spiderwebs around the bullethole!

First confirmed guns:

- Uzi

- Mac 10

- Ruger

- M60

- Sniper Rifle

- Colt Python

yes it is, sof..... over here it's advertised - trade in your gta3 and get vice city for 14.99 or trade in two ps2 games and get vice city for $10! I saw this promo at my local EB store. I wonder if you can bring in some crappy ps2 no namer.... anyway, after this thread, i am sure hyped for vice city! B)

Spiffy - if its a greatest hit title now (like Tursimo 3) youll get less.

I dunno, it looks great, soundtrack's ok, but id wait on a review before trading in GTA 3 m'self. I know it looks badass from here, but just make sure they dont screw up the controls or somethin on it first, that's what id do.

The good news is, ive been waitin on GTA 3 to get cheap, and after everyone trades in their copies, maybe i can finally pick it up!

Ok everyone, get thee to http://www.rockstargames.com/vicecity, there's two trailers, tons of vehicle, character and weapon screenshots and videos! There's character soundclips and just added, the first clips of the radio stations with the returning Lazlow, Toni from Flashback FM and Fernando Martinez!

Can't say I've seen many videos, the site's seemingly set up for broadband so my shitty dial-up takes too long, but the stills alone...sweet! The Katana pic's my new wallpaper!!

• 2 weeks later...

Taken from Gameforms.com...

Grand Theft Auto Vice City soundtracks to unlock codes, more

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rockstar Games has revealed more information on the previously announced GTA: Vice City soundtracks. All seven soundtracks, each centered around a different style of music, will unlock additional sections of the Vice City website. These sections will have additional content and exclusive codes to be used in the game.

Although a single soundtrack will run a consumer $13.98, Rockstar will release a box set with all seven discs in it for a mere $49.98. The box set will feature Vice City theming and special packaging for each disc.

Each CD is named after a radio station appearing in the game: V-Rock (featuring bands such as Judas Priest), Wave 103 (Flock of Seagulls), Emotion 98.3 (Mister Mister), Flash FM (Hall & Oates), Wildstyle Pirate Radio (Grandmaster Flash), Fever 105 (Kool & the Gang), and Radio Espantoso (Irakere).

The soundtracks will ship on the same day as the game, October 29. Soundclips from each station and CD and preorder info can be found at ViceCityRadio.com.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

By now, i assume a number of you have heard the controversy over GTA: San Andreas' Hot Coffee Mod, allowing (i believe) a pro action replay or similar device to unlock "hidden" sex games. So, the game's MA-17 & off shelves in large chains until a new version without this hidden quest is released.

For those curious about digital poon the way i was, here's pics:

GTA1.jpg

GTA2.jpg

GTA3.jpg

GTA4.jpg

GTA5.jpg

GTA7.jpg

GTA8.jpg