Hondo's Bar

S.H.I.E.L.D.

The NZA

22x991.jpg

Leonardo Da Vinci was an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. So was Issac Newton. So were Imhotep and Zhang Heng and Galileo and many other geniuses throughout time. They were the first heroes to defeat Galactus and the Brood and turn Celestials back. They saved the world long before Captain America or Iron Man were ever born, but what does this mean to our heroes of today? What does this mean to Nick Fury? Do not miss this Marvel Comics masterpiece that fans will be talking about for decades to come. All the insanity is courtesy of JONATHAN HICKMAN (FANTASTIC FOUR, SECRET WARRIORS, Nightly News) and DUSTIN WEAVER (X-MEN).

/hype. I know we're not talking much about Secret Warriors, but it's a fine book that's doing a lotta fun shit with that spy corner of Marvel (Hydra, The Hand, Fury's Howling Commandos etc) that no one else is, and im totally down to see Hickman tell the untold origin of the organization, like Bru did with retelling Cap's WW II days.

i do so hope this leads to reestablishing status quo with them & Fury after Siege, too.

well...i cant preemptively vouch for it. check out Secret Warriors first; its admittedly slow, and ill admit i still dont know the names of most people on the team. but man, the Fury/Dum Dum stuff with the howling commandos as PMCs and watching Hydra rebuild itself, the Hand revive Gorgon and try to step their shit up, and all of them outclassed by the new shadowy organization none of em seem to know shit about...its a fun read, in the 70s's Steranko spy-shit vein. im really only interested here based on what Hickman's been building over there.

Archived