Hondo's Bar

What are you watching right now?

I started watching Parks & Rec through Netflix and gave it up midway -- just didn't like it. Not too keen on Community, either.

I LOVE Big Bang Theory, though.

I've never been one to watch the talent shows that have been popping out (i.e. American Idol, America's Got Talent, X-Factor) -- but I do admit that I'm enjoying watching The Voice (although I want to bash in Christina Aguilera's face)...

parks & rec i only caught like 1 or 2 episodes from, it looked hit/miss like community...is it good?

big bang theory, on the other hand, looked painfully unfunny.

Big Bang Theory is a frame-for-frame next gen Frasier. Same jokes, but less interesting characters. No offence to anyone who loves it(because they ARE legion), but yeah, not my thing at all.

P&R is a slow starter, I'm told from the outside that season 2 is just flat-out better than season 1 so maybe that's your go. Actually, thinking about the status quo changes made between seasons, they're right. The characters are put to better use. Here's the best case I can make for it

though.

i love andy too. that show is so awesome.

i think you mean "awesomesauce." :howyoudoin:

i'm almost caught up on S3 of p&r. i'm getting kinda burned out on the character played by the guy from party down though. the writers need to find this character's voice b/c he's pretty damned blah. ditto for rob lowe's uber-positive guy. it's becoming a bit one-note.

the new comedy i'm really in to is ARCHER. i saw s1 on netflix and now am getting in to S2. just watched the paternity test episode. epic lulz.

342624.jpg

Yup!

i think you mean "awesomesauce." :howyoudoin:

i'm almost caught up on S3 of p&r. i'm getting kinda burned out on the character played by the guy from party down though. the writers need to find this character's voice b/c he's pretty damned blah. ditto for rob lowe's uber-positive guy. it's becoming a bit one-note.

342624.jpg

I get it, at first Adam Scott's character was a good straight man to show the absurdity of everyone else, but he's kind of become an unlikeable nerd. Lowe's character is gold though. The Microchip's been compromised!

PS- kept that image in the quoted text because it's hot.

i think you're referring tot he flu episode w/ that lowe quote, right? that was a good one. i dunno, he's ok. maybe i just don't like him b/c he's fucked up anne and i've had a smallish crush on rashida jones since the office days. i just finished the camping trip episode, so i've got a few more until i'm caught up on the season.

PS-word. watching this character, it's one of the rare times when i kinda understand where newt, gun, ly & their hentai brethren are coming from. but the actress she's modeled after ain't too shabby herself, even if her heyday has passed

aisha-tyler3.jpg?w=679&h=1024

PS-word. watching this character, it's one of the rare times when i kinda understand where newt, gun, ly & their hentai brethren are coming from. but the actress she's modeled after ain't too shabby herself, even if her heyday has passed

aisha-tyler3.jpg?w=679&h=1024

Hentai brethren?

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/yJLOxI0-nYgykwaG5GN1tQ"></param><param'>http://www.hulu.com/embed/yJLOxI0-nYgykwaG5GN1tQ"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/yJLOxI0-nYgykwaG5GN1tQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

ah-may-zing. can't wait for part dos.

• 3 weeks later...

Season 1 was cool. Season 2 was pure shit. Season 3 actually managed to somewhat redeem season 2 and was reasonably cool. Subconsciously perceiving a pattern, I instinctively skipped season 4 before I even realized it was airing (as did most of the viewing audience, apparently).

• 2 weeks later...

Never saw Frisky Dingo, but Archer is top notch stuff. I'm mid-way through S2 myself.

Right now I'm watching The Killing, which is a great AMC crime show that follows these two cops solving one murder for the entire season. Good stuff. There's only like 2 or 3 episodes to go.

Also, I finally finished S3 of Breaking Bad. It started strong but then lagged a bit in the middle. However, it ended up finishing strong as the last few episodes were great.

Next, I'll finally be catching up on Dexter S5 and giving Rubicon (another AMC show) a go. Not too hopeful on the latter though as it lasted only 1 season. I've also got The Larry Sander's Show (I so wish I got into this sooner) and the latest season of 30 Rock (which I'm pretty much giving up on) that I'm sporadically going though as well.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...