Hondo's Bar

What are you watching right now?

district9_advert_21.jpg

Never watched it properly before and am not really watching it properly now either. Science Fiction/fantasy stuff doesn't really do it for me. I like comic book flicks but I see them a genre to themselves despite what people keep arguing with me. Fuckers. Still, it's okay, just not really holding my attention.

Shit, does that mean it was censored?

I remember watching it when I was far too young to really get it when it was on BBC2 and I was around 12/13 but I always stayed up to watch it. The same could be said of "Dream On" (especially since there was boobies in that). I caught it irregularly since then and then when the "Not Just The Best of..." DVD was released in 2007 I jumped on it. I never picked up the complete series DVD though, I just torrented all the missing ones inbetween. I really must buy that though. Just looking at Amazon there it's half price. The original price point of $149.99 was a little scary.

Newsroom

I loved episode one. It's got all the Sorkin tropes I like (smart characters, interesting dialogue & monologues on topics that matter, quick witted humor, the intent to not only entertain but stand for something) and all the ones that kind of annoy me as well (mucho melodrama, EVERYTHING is important, rarely do people speak at a normal pace or walk at one).

Sam Waterston as the lovable, libation laden boss and Jeff Daniels as the anchorman are fantastic. I'm definitely on-board for the rest of the season.

Watching Newsroom and the Daily Show. I feel like I'm Bizarro Joel.

Only one season to go. . .

Larry Sanders, I need to finish that series. I got mid-way through S1 and tapered off somehow.

Restaurant Impossible

That show is addictive. Some of those places, yeesh.