Hondo's Bar

What are you watching right now?

Banshee?

Plowed through the first 4 episodes of Under the Dome this weekend. Good but not great. It has a LOST vibe to it and shows potential. I'll be with it likely for the rest of the season.

Also still trying to keep up w/ the other summer shows--Dexter, Ray Donovan, Falling Skies, & Venture Bros. The latter two I'm way behind on. Orange is the New Black is also in my queue.

• 1 month later...

Just started watching Dr. Who and am actually really liking it. I didn't think I would all that much, but it's got some really cool things going on in it. I dug Christopher Eccleston as the 1st (really 8 or 9th?) Doctor. Just started the second season of it and David Tennant is really cool so far.

• 2 years later...

I binged Netflix's Making a Murderer.The power of editing in a documentary can be a scary thing sometimes.

Like most, I was outraged, thinking dude had been wrongfully imprisoned for a second time. But I've been researching the case outside of the show and reading about evidence the filmmakers left out. Now I'm not sure what to believe. One thing's for certain, Steven Avery is a scumbag. But is he a murderous scumbag? I have no idea...

Edited by Donatella

• 2 weeks later...

At the tail-end of my absolute most favoritest horror epic of all-time: Stephen King's IT.

tumblr_m5nelh2Gld1rqhkpr.jpg

I get so sad watching Jonathan Brandis - he was so great. Fun Fact: He lobbied hard for the part of Anakin - but Lucas thought he was just too well-known and would be distracting.

John Ritter does feature-length commentary on the DVD - they need to put Problem Child 1 n' 2 on bluray already!

Moral Orel.

Just got Season 1 in the mail today. Sucks that Seasons 2 n' 3 only got UK releases. I read the whole thing is on Hulu - but I ain't got the Hooloos...I always prefer a physical copy for my collection, anyway. The show is just awful / sacrilegious - LOL

7038_1_.jpg

Seasons two and three are the essential viewing for Moral Orel. I'd encourage you to find a way to find it.

There's quite a few things I have been burning to have for years now that have pushed me to consider getting a region-free player. But I'm not tech savy enough and the research I've done (boiled down) is that they're just modded (and expensive) dvd/bluray players with no guarantee of functionality. Don't know if I'm gonna get ripped off if I go down that route.

well, if you hook your PC to your TV as i/others here do (DVI to HDMI is common), there's that way - region-free DVD players should be on the cheap though, i wanna say? fellow hondonian spiffytee used to be excellent at finding those, if you're lookin

I tried hooking my PC up to my tv to play some arcade roms on my big screen - it worked for one day (w/ HDMI). Never worked again - don't know what happened or what the deal was. TV doesn't register a signal. :( Got 2 HD tvs - doesn't work on either. Must've fried something on the cpu's end...(shrugs)

I am totally willing to invest in a region-free dvd/bluray player, no doubt - it's the fear of getting a box-full of used pinball machine parts that's been holding me back.

Yeah, man - if you can point me in the right direction: it'd be on like a prawn that yawns at dawn to play Donkey Kong wearing Sean Jean in Bhutan! Like Genghis Khan...alright.

While we're on this...note - I got Homebrew on my original Wii (again, emphasis - not tech savy, all thanks to a crapload of youtube tutorial and online blog tech-jargon decyphering) managed to do it w/ an SD card and a gamecube Twilight Princess save - it can't handle arcade roms, though (MAME). I've read a classic XBOX is great for MAME - you know off-hand if that's true or of any methods of doing a 'soft mod' to get it to run MAME - y'know, without having to crack it open and having to fiddle w/ a soldering iron?

LOL - feel free to redirect this conversation to the appropriate thread (if there is one), I uh, kinda took it off-topic. Sorry.

Just get Hulu man. Its like 8 bucks a month and substitutes for basic cable pretty well. I get the naysayers on paying for a streaming service with ads, but I just think of it as my cable service. Everything is next day and has a ton of choice, plus movies. Indeed all 3 seasons of Moral Orel are on there.

I'm good w/ Netflix - that, youtube and whatever digital signal my rabbit ears can catch are my 'cable'. I don't like a lot of modern tv, so that next day stuff is wasted on me. Plus - I have a ridiculous tv / movie collection, that I regularly watch.

There's just a lot of releases I wish they had here in the states - (The Tick: Season 3, Transformers: The Movie on blu...) if I had a regionless player - hey, hey, hey!

I'm not seeing a thread for emulators or roms n' such - understood.

EDIT: btw, watching Clone Wars!

Maul.jpg

Edited by Little Nemo McFly