Hondo's Bar

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

Genroh

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make it! Just make it a poll to see which of the two remaining alternate universes the Hondonian Fanboys think will be revealed.

Here's some suggestions:

Marvel Zombies

Spider-Ham!

Spider-Man India (Ha!)

i think we mentioned it in the game blargh or misc game news thread, should splinter it off into its own topic though.

i just...there's no way spidey's not on board. they must've cleared that one, he's such a given.

Personally, I didn't know Capcom had gotten any Marvel rights back from EA but Spider-Man's surely going to make it into this. Though I'm with Nick on losing Silver Samurai, Spiral, Marrow, and anyone else that's not topical and getting a few more givens like Ghost Rider, Daredevil, or The Punisher.

Also. if we could have an end to Megaman Legends characters that would be awesome too.

Well the roster is confirmed to be 30+ characters. Spider-Man is a given for Marvel, just like Ryu for Capcom. Since Doom and Deadpool have been 99.9% confirmed, I'm really pulling for Ghost Rider and Thor to make the cut for Marvel.

They really should have been in MvC2 (hell Thor was a support in MvC1) instead we got Marrow (X-Men member at the time the game was made) and Bone Claw Wolverine (biggest fucking waste of space in a fighting game).

As for Capcom, just give us more variety than Street Fighter. They've made TONS of fighting games (Plasma Sword, Tech Romancer, Cyberbots, Muscle Bomber, Darkstalkers, Rival Schools, etc.), Beat'em Ups (Final Fight, Warzard, Battle Circuit, Magic Sword, Captain Commando, etc.), Action/Adventure (Okami, Mega Man, Onimusha, Strider, God Hand, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Bionic Commando, Dead Rising, etc.) and a great RPG series (Breath of Fire).

Tons of options for Capcom besides Street Fighter.

http://capcomdatabase.wikia.com/wiki/Capcom_Database_Wiki

Sir Arthur and anyone from any of the Breath of Fire games (except that Dragon Quarter bullshit) are long overdue for an appearance in one of these games. Hell, Katt would be a perfect addition, she's practically designed for a fighting game character. Plus, she's bottomless, so the hentai's already half made right there.

seriously. just use Garcian, and the assists would be so badass.

aw, i dont wanna think about it, or ill just get disappointed.

Better yet make him something like a cross between Shang Tsung and the MvC version of Ryu where he had a super move that changed his move set to Ken or Akuma. 1 super gauge and Garcian changes into one of the Killer7 either Dan, Coyote, Kevin and MASK de Smith (KAEDE and Con reserved for the super attacks) and for an over-the-top super attack, at 7 gauges he goes through ALL 7 forms ending with Harman Smith. 2 or 3 specials and 1-2 supers per Smith. Fuck now I REALLY want Killer7 in this!

Sir Authur needs to be in this!

Ghouls 'n Ghosts was such an awesome arcade game why does it always get overlooked.

It would be awesome to see him losing his armor on critical health and fighing in his undies!

Arthur or Maximo would own so hard. Arthur especially if he's in his Cannon Spike form.

gunspike_asaa.gif

Maximo's awesome

MaxAOZMaximo.png

Sir Arthur and anyone from any of the Breath of Fire games (except that Dragon Quarter bullshit) are long overdue for an appearance in one of these games. Hell, Katt would be a perfect addition, she's practically designed for a fighting game character. Plus, she's bottomless, so the hentai's already half made right there.

Yes a thousand times yes! Katt from Breath of Fire 2 or Garr from 3... no Katt's better. :3

300px-KattBF2.jpg

And I don't care how old it is. We need the Nemesis.

Nemesis.png

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/may/08/...ters-confirmed/

Dante is officially confirmed. DMC3 incarnation, apparently he will switch his devil triggers and make insane combos.

Deadpool has a glitchy teleporter and beats opponents with his own health bar! :2T:

Cap and Felicia we already knew, so the only question is: Steve or Bucky? (either works for me)

EDIT: New pic added. It will be Steve.

http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2010/may/0...-screen-shot-6/

Man, Deadpool sounds like he's going to be an awesome addittion. And Captain America has been in all 3 games (Marvel super Heroes, Marvel vs. Capcom, and Marvel vs. Capcom 2) so he's a given, I'd say it'll probably be Steve, with maybe Bucky as an alternate costume or something.

More awesome news.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/may/16/...pcom-3-details/

• If you were disappointed that you didn't see certain no-brainer Capcom characters in Tatsunoko vs Capcom for the Wii, don't give up hope. Niitsuma confirmed that big characters like Dante were saved from Tatsunoko for Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

• MvC3's characters were all created from scratch — you won't see recycled character models.

• A sort of cross-over aerial rave can be performed, where you can safely change your character in the middle of an air combo, using the exchange button.

• The flow of combat is just as intense and hectic as MvC2.

• The game is currently using TvC's style Light, Medium, and Hard attacks along with the Exchange button.

• Story mode is being slightly improved, with beginning and ending story bookends, along with in-game events to keep it fresh in players' minds. Producer Ryota Niitsuma insists that though this story is better than in other MvC games, it doesn't steal the spotlight from the action.

• MvC2's cast recycled 15 years of backlog and that's a large reason why it had such a big cast. The Morrigan you saw in 1994's Darkstalkers was basically what you saw in 2000's MvC2.

• Capcom is paying a very large attention to detail to make sure all the characters are very in-character and act like themselves.

• Game Informer raved about the graphics for a good paragraph, apparently lighting is superb and Iron Man's armor has reflections.

• Game Informer seemed very impressed with how Dante was represented in the game. "His cockiness and bravado shines through in every action, doing the white-haired badass justice."

• Backgrounds will be lively. J Jonah Jameson is in a helicopter in the background of the Daily Bugle stage shouting and pointing at the players. There's also a parade in the background that has huge air balloons of characters like Spider-Man and Viewtiful Joe. Servbots and Tron Bonne in the background of the Megaman Legends stage.

Captain America: This founding member of The Avengers returns with his indestructible shield to deliver combatants to justice. He preserves most of his handy move-set, complete with deadly shield-a-rang tosses and evasive cartwheel maneuvers.

Chris Redfield: This BSAA agent brings over every weapon he can carry from Resident Evil 5 into Marvel vs Capcom 3. Chris devastates opponents with his pistol, shotgun, submachine gun, magnum, satellite laser, and grenade launcher (complete with fire, ice, and electric rounds). He also has a slide attack utilizing his electric baton.

Dante: He may be based on the young Devil May Cry 3 protagonist, but this Dante comes equipped with the best moves from the entire series. He can juggle rival fighters with his dual pistols, close distances by sliding on his knees while playing Nevan (his guitar weapon), and even activate his deadly Devil Trigger mode to increase his speed and power.

Deadpool: Deadpool has the ability to teleport around the battlefield, but do it too many times and his device will backfire to hilarious results. Even breaking the fourth wall, Deadpool's special consists of beating down opponents with his own life bar.

Felicia: Capcom's catgirl returns with her claws out to deliver quick and nimble combos to anyone distracted by her jiggle physics for too long. She is also able to summon a helpful little catgirl partner to double her threat.

The Hulk: Bruce Banner returns in his pissed-off form, and somehow he's even more monstrous than before. This green juggernaut is still sluggish, but his immense power and earth-quaking special make him a good bruiser for your team makeup.

Iron Man: Sleeker and slimmer than MvC 2's Tony Stark, this iteration of Iron Man better reflects his current style in the comics. The gold and maroon superhero's gigantic laser cannon still makes for a great assist, and his jet-boots make him ideal for aerial maneuvers.

Morrigan: Darkstalkers' seductive succubus continues the battle with all her otherworldly moves. She catapults opponents skyward with a gigantic spear summoned from the ground and delivers flying reverse pile drivers.

Wolverine: Logan's claws ravage everything unfortunate enough to stand before him in brilliant swipes of color. His trademark Berserker Barrage move return as both an assist move and a special, making him a perfect main for your team and also a menacing assist character.

I'm gonna go on record and say: I'll give my left nut for Gene from God Hand to be in this.

jean.jpg

Archived