Genroh

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

New Poster:

10_mvc3poster.jpg

I'm convinced that's Dormammu in the background. (note the shape of the collar and shoulders more so than before) Which is awesome! He could be like a cross between Jedah and Shuma-Gorath gameplay wise. Cap, Felicia, Deadpool and Dante are finally on the cover for all to see.

First off I was a bit nervous when Deadpool was announced but by adding in something so small as him breaking the fourth wall by using his lifebar as a weapon I can go in confidant that they really want to bring out what makes these characters unique.

That being said as someone who spends way too much time playing SF and MvC games I'm thinking heavily on the implications of some of the new characters move-sets to the game. Chris is being described as a master of all his weapons and Dante is pretty well known for have a ton of weapon/combos under the 15 belts he wears. Depending on how variable these combinations are they could easily render some of the more predictable characters (anyone with a fireball) useless.

Thoughts?

You definitely have a point. I mean, look at the previous game. Characters like Ryu don't have a chance against the likes of Cable or Magneto. Quite frankly, this game has always favored characters with range attacks and those who can just swoop in with a triangle jump and combo you to death. Yeah, it kinda sucks, but here's hoping they buff the "fireball" characters in some fashion (maybe make them top-tier assists at the very least).

I might be misquoting on this one but on either the IGN or 1up podcast I listen to they said that Capcom was only going to balance this game so much. SF4 is something they want to put more time into balancing how all the characters in the game and games like MvC are purely for fun. I don't know if I agree with this so much based on the turnout of MvC players at most fighting tournaments, most notably EVO.

First off I was a bit nervous when Deadpool was announced but by adding in something so small as him breaking the fourth wall by using his lifebar as a weapon I can go in confidant that they really want to bring out what makes these characters unique.

That being said as someone who spends way too much time playing SF and MvC games I'm thinking heavily on the implications of some of the new characters move-sets to the game. Chris is being described as a master of all his weapons and Dante is pretty well known for have a ton of weapon/combos under the 15 belts he wears. Depending on how variable these combinations are they could easily render some of the more predictable characters (anyone with a fireball) useless.

Thoughts?

And that makes Dante and Chris any different from Sentinel... how?

And that makes Dante and Chris any different from Sentinel... how?

They don't need to be. Think about it. That's one of the ways Capcom is going about the balance process. They need guys that can counter Sentinel...especially on the Capcom side. If I'm not mistaken, the most used Capcom character used in tourneys is probably Captain Commando AS AN ASSIST. So by putting in gun and sword happy characters like the ones mentioned above, may help rather than hurt. I still feel for characters like Ryu though. While great in TvC, I doubt he'll be as good in MvC3. Heh...I wonder if Sentinel is even going to be in MvC3. There will be some salty-ass people if he ain't.

Character select screen. (obviously work in progress)

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/jun/17/...-select-screen/

Rumor mill time; Assuming that they're gonna fill up all the vacant squares not being badly obscured and that they're not going to adjust the images any longer, the game could have 28 default characters (barring "random selects" and stuff). There has been word of Frank West and Iron Man having Alt costumes of Chuck and War Machine (different yet the same) thus rounding out the cast to 30.

The Magicbox has a slew of new images.

Here's one of my favorites:

mvc307.jpg

Deadpool: Shoryuken!

I might get lynched for saying this but the more I see of the character models, the less i'm liking them. I hope they look better in person then they do in the screen shots.

17_charselect04.jpg

...seriously.

So I'm not the only one who thinks that they look like toys then?

eh, might be true. also, props on making 3/4 of the FF sound workable. i used Cable's gun so much in 2 id sub him for Punisher (dude gets snubbed here & Ultimate Alliance games), god knows im still sad Moon Knight & Iron Fist cant make the move, despite being obvious choices in my mind, but the roster's looking good so far either way.

Archived