Hondo's Bar

South Park

Keth

• 1 month later...

^Damn, S20 is really making me rethink giving axels even a small amount shit for that "one of the smartest shows on TV" statement. I finally got to see S20E7 and it was brilliant. The whole Clinton/Cosby Gentleman's Club routine is some of the most brilliant satire I've ever seen. And the "pressing pickle" line killed me. Fight the power, Butters!

And the fact they got this out in--was it 24 or 48 hours?-- after the election is amazing.

This season has been good, but not as good as the last two. Still, I agree, that last episode was ridiculously brilliant. Even when average, this show is still uber smart. And deep.

And, yeah, it was probably less than 24 hours that they rewrote and did some minor animations/voice-acting. They didn't call the election til well past midnight and the episode aired at 10pm (Eastern) that next night. Crazy to think that one of their best episodes was produced last second like that.

Edited by Da Cap'n 2099

• 11 months later...

Yeah, I've been watching.  The last episode I saw was the Halloween one - w/ the witch hunt...LOL.  So freakin' cool they brought back their 'Halloween episode' along w/ 'intro'.  I really do miss the old South Park - I've already been expressed my dislike for their 'Season-long punchline' approach...I prefer self-contained episodes / 'madcaps'.  Feels like it could be getting back there.

I haven't watched this very latest one - but I'm gonna tonite, fer sher.  So far, better Season than the last few.  Each episode doesn't feel...just...'cut off' at the end.

I'll be honest and say I liked the season long narrative thing they tried (it felt like an anime), but I'm fine with them going back. Especially if it makes their storytelling stronger. That last episode really shines from that. Sure, they brought back an old narrative (shit's still canon), but they did that subtle thing they do of really shinning a light on what's going on in the real world from both sides. You'll see. It's a pretty damn brilliant.

I'm a few episodes behind this season. Last one I saw was the Heroin & Hummels episode. It was aaight. Whole season thus far has been meh for me. I agree with Panch in that I miss the season long narrative like in the previous two seasons, which were brilliant.  Maybe that's why this season is feeling so mediocre. Looks like the latest episode picks up in quality though.