Hondo's Bar

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

The NZA

Not sure yet if they kept the mechanics for the other charaters, but so far, bravo Konami.

Looks like it's pretty much faithful across the board.

I've been playing Shanoa mostly and she has to get new spells by absorbing enemy glyphs, Charlotte has to absorb the spells themselves (difference being that Shanoa levels through use and Charlotte through multiple absorbing). What sucks is that there's no explanation for any of this (unless I missed it), so anyone not familiar with the mechanics is gonna be scratchin' their head.

I saw a dude playing a fairly decked out Jonathan and he was doing all this street fighter shit, said there was a lot of half circle/fireball motions etc. They all seem to have their own schtick.

Tried the demo, decided my eyesight's not good enough/I'm not asian enough to squint @ my 50in screen to warrant full purchase. Fuck Konami to hell for it because it looks like you guys are having fun.

You did click in on the right stick to zoom in right >.>;

I tried every single function of the controller & setting to find a zoom, because I figured it was reasonable to assume most people would want their designated character to take up more than say, 1/36th of the screen. But I may have neglected to click the right analogue

This may be a revelation, sir.

I tried every single function of the controller & setting to find a zoom, because I figured it was reasonable to assume most people would want their designated character to take up more than say, 1/36th of the screen. But I may have neglected to click the right analogue

This may be a revelation, sir.

...you know, I was just being an asshole and pointing out the obvious (out of love of course sir) BUT, if that's what you failed to do...get in there and start playing sir.

@NZA: I played and beat all 6 stages this weekend on normal with random people online. Hard is a WHOLE 'nother ball park. I will be working at this for some time, not to mention teaming up to help any Hondoians who want in.

....goddammit.

how much is a 1-month pass? i really shouldn't be fucking with this, but if ya'll are still playing it...

I can hook you up with a 1 month pass, shoot me a reminder message on live and I'll send you the code.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Ok, so I'm finally getting around to playing now that two friends of mine picked it up. Finished the 6 main chapters and now working through hard and the DLC. We could really use another three players to round out our roster as we attempt the hard playthrough. Also, we need six for the 'Boned' achievement. Let me know if anyone is interested!!

Archived