Hondo's Bar

Saturday Night Live

• 1 year later...

I really enjoyed the family reunion sketch more than I thought I would. Those Lincoln ads were hilarious though.

I've actually warmed up to the new cast pretty well, with the exception of that fat chick and that skinny brunette chick, which they have been trying to shove down people's throats. Girlfriends best friends talk show (or whatever) is terrible.

I was wrong about them.

• 3 months later...

If you're an SNL fan, which why wouldn't you be if'n you're in this thread, I highly recommend DL'n the entire special. It's pretty long, but there are a lot of great NEW bits like the one Newt posted above. Winners include: Jimmy Fallon & Justin Timberlake's opening, Jerry Seinfeld's monologue/audience Q&A, Celebrity Jeopardy &The Californians sketches. Wayne's World sketch was okay. They also did some obligatory recaps (Weekend Update and Cast Auditions were solid) and a heartfelt in memoriam. Kanye did an interesting performance with Sia as well. All in all it was pretty epic. Well done, SNL. Well done.

Eh, I dig his music, so I liked seeing him perform the song w/ Sia and whomever that other dude was. And even if you don't dig his music, the one-liner in the Wayne's World sketch alone was worth having Ye there. And I can't recall ever loving The Californians sketches, but they were all obviously having fun plus I'm a sucker for cameos and that one had some good ones. Buh-bye.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Last night's SNL was one of the best episode I've seen in a very long time, even had a musical guest I really enjoy. This sketch was one of the best parts of the whole show though

<div itemprop="video" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/VideoObject"> src="//player.theplatform.com/p/NnzsPC/widget/select/media/7sDmxZ_65xCr" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" seamless="seamless" allowFullScreen></div>

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Next week!

Bless the comedy gods: Dave Chappelle will host Saturday Night Live on November 12, NBC announced today. This marks his first time in that role, and he’ll do so alongside A Tribe Called Quest as the musical guest. Chappelle has been largely absent from the television world following the end of his renowned Comedy Central series Chappelle’s Show, and his last movie appearance was in Spike Lee’s Chi-Raq in 2015. Recently, however, he’s been doing some small stand-up shows in New York. Meanwhile, A Tribe Called Quest will release what is being deemed its “final album,” following the death of founding member Phife Dawg, late next week.

November 12’s SNL will undoubtedly have to tackle the results of Election Day coming Tuesday.

• 2 weeks later...

Loved the Chappelle epsiode! The Walking Dead sketch was the highlight and really made me miss Chappelle's Show.

SNL really needs to cut their show down to an hour. You can't fill 90 minutes with stellar sketches. They'd eliminate so much filler and sketches that don't really work if they just cut it down. But yeah, Dave was great! Was awesome to see Chris Rock show up for him too. And damn...Tribe...that was the most excited I think I've EVER been for a musical guest! Might've teared up a bit when they dropped Phife's banner.

Yeah, that episode was an instant classic. Vintage Chappelle. Not without normal SNL snoozes, but overall the best episode in a long while. Legit laughs, feels and truth. Also, Tribe killed it. Will be getting that album.

Agreed on ATCQ. I dig their SNL version more than the official mix I heard on youtube.