Hondo's Bar

Fatality Free Friday

Mr. Sexy Hat

This firday the 28th of May is "Fatality Free Friday" well in Australia it is, not sure if its one of thoes world events.

Basically its just a day of road safety, you know, wear seat belts, don't speed blah blah blah.

I was thinking we could use this in video games.

Spend the day not killing our pixelated friends.

eg. play Mortal Kombat 2 and perform a friendship instead!

or just play non killing games.

thoughts anyone?

Spred the love people!

I'm replaying Ultimate Alliance right now. Do people die in that? I mean, I've thrown AIM foot soldiers off 10 story buildings etc, but this is Captain America and Spiderman we're talking about here: they don't kill, right?

Those AIM guys, they make it to the ground OK, don't they?

Right?

not kill anyone? I dunno man.... I guess I could go on a Roping Spree in RDR, but it just doesn't have the same feel to it :p

I tried to hogtie a whole bar when I got bored, all it got me was shot a bunch.

Well if anyone on here is like me 99% of thier game collection includes super murder fun games.

But since im doing this from scratch ill set some rule thingies!

1. You are not allowed to kill any other player/npc in any video game.

2. You can hurt/damage someone/something to a near death status.

3. If a player/npc is pushed off an edge of a high place or thrown into water, unless there is verbal or visual indication of thier death they are persumed alive.

4. Assist Kills are allowed if you are not making the kill.

feel free to add some rules.

Playing objective based games would be a great way to do this,

eg. Battlefield 2 - capture points, assist allies, blow up objectives ect.

Counter-Strike - use smokes + flashes or HUMAN SHIELD!

Team Fortess 2 - Play as medic or HUMAN SHIELD!

So i guess fighting, puzzle and sports games will be the popular way to play.

Assisting in a death doesn't count?

Holy fuck, I want you as the judge at my next murder trial!

Some thoughts,

-Suppose I recommend a sports game like say EA sports' Cricket 2010 and the audience dies from boredom? Is that a fatality?

-Something I'm thinking about, but want opinions on: Should we be allowed to bring in puzzle games into this? I mean, if the larger objective is to leave violence behind, then, sure, giving a spotlight to nonviolent games is great.

However, if we made it that you had to play games with the potential for fatalities like MK or GTA, and CHOOSE not to kill, then that's a good gaming challenge.

I'm 51% in favor of the latter and 49% for allowing puzzle and sports games.

-Does killing animals count? Can I play Duckhunt? Does killing sentient robots count, like say a bounty hunter droid?

This firday the 28th of May is "Fatality Free Friday" well in Australia it is, not sure if its one of thoes world events.

Basically its just a day of road safety, you know, wear seat belts, don't speed blah blah blah.

I was thinking we could use this in video games.

Spend the day not killing our pixelated friends.

eg. play Mortal Kombat 2 and perform a friendship instead!

or just play non killing games.

thoughts anyone?

Spred the love people!

coming-out-of-the-closet-mortal-kombat-friendship-gay-demotivational-poster-1259174981.jpg

:FHD:

Interesting idea though. Too late for me though, I've already begun my daily killing spree

Assisting in a death doesn't count?

Holy fuck, I want you as the judge at my next murder trial!

Some thoughts,

-Suppose I recommend a sports game like say EA sports' Cricket 2010 and the audience dies from boredom? Is that a fatality?

-Something I'm thinking about, but want opinions on: Should we be allowed to bring in puzzle games into this? I mean, if the larger objective is to leave violence behind, then, sure, giving a spotlight to nonviolent games is great.

However, if we made it that you had to play games with the potential for fatalities like MK or GTA, and CHOOSE not to kill, then that's a good gaming challenge.

I'm 51% in favor of the latter and 49% for allowing puzzle and sports games.

-Does killing animals count? Can I play Duckhunt? Does killing sentient robots count, like say a bounty hunter droid?

Well its Fatality Free Friday not Don't Hurt Anyone Friday.

I say kill assists because of being a medic on TF2 you get kill assists while you are locked onto someone and if you uber them they are doing the killing not you. go justice!

Well if they are at a cricket game they know all well whats going to happen.

Well i suggest puzzle and sports games because well I dunno its just an easier alternative for unpro gamers.

I was thinking of playing Metal Gear Solid of Theif or Dues Ex, they would be the best games for today.

or I was going to play pacman and not eat the ghosts but they are already dead.... soooooo yeah we need the court to decide on that one.

Yeah animals do count and mosters and space monsters.

robots is another grey area but in a way you are destroying them, playing sonic without killing badniks, robotnik just flys off anyway so you dont accually kill him.

Today is Thursday. Fatality-free day is tomorrow.

The only game I play lately which I really need to make a thread about is Kung Fu Online, and it requires killing to really get anywheres in the game (Except you can meditate while AFK if you don't play much that day and get XP) I might just do that and meditate since I work tomorrow and probably won't have much time for the game in anycase...

Archived