Hondo's Bar

Comic book BLARGH

Thelogan

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:375756" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-march-1-2011/batman-s-muslim-sidekick">The Daily Show</a></b><br/>Tags: <a href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/'>Daily Show Full Episodes</a>,<a href='http://www.indecisionforever.com/'>Political Humor & Satire Blog</a>,<a href='http://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow'>The Daily Show on Facebook</a></p></div></div>

IT WAS YOUR THREAD! HAHA! It was so crappy you couldn't remember where you put it. Also, that was pretty bad. I think that if I went to that show I'd walk out with those plot points. Only thing that'll save it is if the Playbill was a comic.

Fucka- Hondo's search engine! I searched all of Hondo's for thread titles with: spider, spider-man, spidey, dark, turn, turn off the dark. NONE of them came back w/ that thread! I swore I put it in the film forum, so I clicked through several pages, but it never occured to me to manual search in Crap Shack. Well done, Panchy. Well done.

And in other Spidey news. . .

PHILADELPHIA – A comic collector has been caught in Spider-Man's web, paying $1.1 million for a near-mint copy of "Amazing Fantasy" No. 15 that features the wall-crawler's debut.

250_spidermancomic.jpg

The issue, first published in 1962, was sold Monday by a private seller to a private buyer, ComicConnect.com chief executive Stephen Fishler told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

It's not the highest price ever paid for a comic book, an honor that goes to "Action Comics" No. 1 with Superman on the cover, which went for $1.5 million. . .

...In March 2010, a copy of the 1938 edition of "Action Comics" No. 1 sold for $1.5 million on ComicConnect's website. That issue features the debut of Superman and originally sold for 10 cents...

...In February 2010, Heritage Auctions in Dallas sold a rare copy of "Detective Comics" No. 27, which featured the debut of Batman, for $1,075,500. Fishler said the same issue had initially sold for just $2,500 in 1985 and for $140,000 in 2000...

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty sure that's done by the company that's been putting out all those godawful unauthorized biography comics like the Justin Bieber biography populated by bad traces of Google image results, the Stephanie Meyers bio narrated by Dracula, or my personal favorite: the Lady Gaga bio that has no actual information on Lady Gaga and involves a fat lazy music snob becoming a transvestite Lady Gaga impersonator after gaining some sort of Mango-like obsession with her.

In otherwords, cause they can.

I'm pretty sure that's done by the company that's been putting out all those godawful unauthorized biography comics like the Justin Bieber biography populated by bad traces of Google image results, the Stephanie Meyers bio narrated by Dracula, or my personal favorite: the Lady Gaga bio that has no actual information on Lady Gaga and involves a fat lazy music snob becoming a transvestite Lady Gaga impersonator after gaining some sort of Mango-like obsession with her.

In otherwords, cause they can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CJXOZ.jpg

Looks like Marvel Knights 2.0, eh?

reading Moon Knight later today, so ill post on it then. No idea how Waid will fare on DD; when he's on, he can do stuff like Age of Apocalypse and Kingdom Come....when he's not, you get The Kingdom or X-O Manowar or something.

Rucak's an interesting choice for Punisher (since Max series is back on Ennis-esque stuff, which im enjoying but baytor might not be). Noticeable lack of Ghost Rider, granted.

I'll judge the series based on its own merits, but I maintain that Marvel doesn't need 2 Punisher MAXs. Punisher MAX is good series, even the current non-Ennis stuff is good. But all the other people who just keep doing one-offs of Ennis killing the bad guy of the month have consistently wound out boring trash. Say what you will about the last series that involved Frank donning all manner of superhero junk to help him fight the bad guys and becoming Frankencastle but it was fun and entertaining and still stayed true to the character (and this includes Ennis' Marvel Knights take, if not his Marvel MAX take) also, more importantly, the non-MAX shit has never had a character as ridiculously fucking stupid as Barracuda. Ever. And that's real.

I've a soft spot for Waid's run on Cap though

you're a good man, charlie brown

wait, there's 2 MAX books right now? i thought there was that much-delayed Dillon one with him vs Bullseye, with Frank now in jail...what else?

What I'm saying is everybody's keen to ape Ennis, so many one-shot Punisher books are written in a "Look how edgy I am making Frank take on pedophiles/snuff film makers/etc." and they're using the hyper-serious version that Ennis pioneered. My point is, it's okay to make a fun Punisher book, in fact I prefer them, that gritty "Punisher kills what's pissing me off this week" got tired when Ennis was doing it, much less when anyone else does it. So I support fun Punisher books that use the superhero world in which Frank Castle lives other than trying to find a few more faceless villains to toss at him.