Hondo's Bar

Comic book BLARGH

Thelogan

I'm convinced this is actually the Deadpool from comic books. He finally broke through the fourth wall and was in the mood for a Golden Delicious. Also, I hope we soon see a Cable-inspired vigilante who's grafted a carburetor onto his bicep and fights crime with a panoply of pouches festooned about his torso.

win

honestly, mansions could be free in either Gotham or marvel's NY and i dont think i'd take them. Contagion alone makes Gotham as attractive as Bludhaven (sp?), and NY has had so much shit happen to it that even the west coast avengers forget there's 49 other states.

i think it's entirely sisyphean! but it's why bats looks like he's enjoying some sour grapes on his visit to hippie-town seattle.

if we're talking seriously about batman's plight...it's tricky for me, because a) he won't kill (this drives me crazy with characters like the joker, even if i understand why) and b) the shared universe thing makes me wonder why he doesn't let superman clean up his city in like an hour.

i think it was jumbie who was creeped out by his authoritarian bat-bots in Kingdom Come, but it felt like a natural evolution of what he's doing, to me.

Tom Morello doing the score for each issue of Orchid

Morello: “Yeah, to clarify that, each issue will have free, new Tom Morello music with it. Issue one is different from issues two through twelve. Issue one has a song from The Nightwatchmen record. It’s called, It Begins Tonight from the Worldwide Rebel Songs Record. It’s to sort of build a bridge between the two worlds so that my comic fans know sort of what I do (besides writing comics), and my music fans will as well. All the other ones will be instrumental score. I’ve scored a number of films and so using those abilities, I’ll write a sort of soundtrack for each issue.”

Grant Morrison takes a handful of pills Mark Millar gives him and becomes legally retarded

"There's a story where Wonder Woman rescues the slave girls of an evil Nazi villain, and the slave girls don't know what to do, even though they've been rescued they're kind of, they like being slaves. So Wonder Woman just says "Oh, don't worry, you can be slaves on Paradise Island and one of our girls will take over but she'll be really nice to you unlike the Nazi!", and that was seen as, that was the resolution to the story! You've got a nice mistress instead of a crop-cracking Paula Von Gunther.

The Wonder Woman strip had this weird libidinous kind of element and obviously on Paradise Island, it was this amazing Second Wave, separatist, feminist idea of an entire island where women had ruled for 3000 years and what they did for fun was chase one another! So the girls would dress up like stags and run through the forest and another girl would chase them and then they'd capture the girl, tie her up and put her on a table and pretend to eat her at a mock banquet. This is a typical Wonder Woman adventure!

In the way that Superman's supposed to stand for men but at least he's allowed to have some kind of element of sexuality, Wonder Woman is expected to stand for women without any element of sexuality, and that seems wrong."

I was just saying the other day that my biggest problem with Wonder Woman is that she's just not sexualized enough.