Hondo's Bar

Comic book BLARGH

Thelogan

Ah, you forgot that in the Marvel Universe it's Thom Cruz.

I'm surprised that they didn't find someway to work Wolverine claws into that somehow given they're playing the Dark "New Fantastic Four" angle. Also yes, the new Venom is the tits. Flash Thompson has earned my respect and maybe between him, the former US Agent, and Proffessor X maybe people will stop bitching about Batgirl being able to walk again. And Eddie Brock's got the whole Anti-Venom thing going on so everybody wins.

If you haven't read Locke and Key yet you should. Go buy all 4 volumes, or torrent them and go buy them later. Joe Hill writes like a combination of his dad (That would be Stephen King for those not in the know) and Neil Gaiman and his work is dark and bleak and wonderful.

Yes! Recieved the first hardcover as a gift this holiday and read it in one sitting. Immediately hopped on amazon and ordered the other 3! Really enjoy it and have pimped it to two friends already!

Don't question this image...just...just drink in the awesomeness. (Venom spoilers,which is actually a pretty cool book, btw)

jYnFR.jpg

That is Red Hulk. Wearing the Venom symbiote. Possessed by the Spirit of Vengeance. Riding a giant tricycle.

Has there been key revision to the symbiote's weakness'? How is it managing with all that fire?

Also I've heard enough about fucking Flash the towelhead-shooting venom to hit it up, and Rick Remender is pretty much my new favourite writer anyway between Secret Avengers and Uncanny Xforce.

oh, wow. kinda want to splinter a thread off for this stuff, but i feel like an even half-feminist rant on how dumb midriff/titty-hanging costumes are on chicks going to battle is just gonna be preachin' to the choir.

Once again, I say: Do it!

Also:

1D9uO.jpg

Edited by Lycaon

Chuck "The Talent" Austin, folks.

jubilee-crucified-xmen.png

Yes, ALL of Chuck Austen’s X-Men run. It is literally impossible to pick just one thing that was wrong with it. Where do we begin? How about the horrific characterizations? How about the blatant misogyny? How about the fact that it followed one of the greatest X-Men runs of all time (Grant Morrison) with stories that were designed to retcon it all? How about when Jubilee and a bunch of other X-Men were CRUCIFIED by a group of radicals who wanted to discredit the Catholic church by making Nightcrawler the Pope and killing people with disintegrating communion wafers? Or, sticking with Nightcrawler, how about the time when it was revealed that he was literally the son of a demon named Azazel who gave birth to him so he could teleport him to earth?

No, I’ve got it! It would have to be the revelation concerning Xorn, a supporting cast member from Morrison’s run who had healing powers fueled by literally having a star in his head. For those who haven’t read Morrison’s run (and you all should), it was revealed that Xorn was none other than Magneto who was trying to infiltrate the school! In the end, Magneto kills Phoenix (for the umpteenth time) and gets his head lopped off by Wolverine. Marvel, horrified at the idea of losing one of their central villains, retconned it all. How? They said that Xorn (who remember, wasn’t real but a disguise used by Magneto) had a twin brother who infiltrated the X-Men DISGUISED as Magneto. So, in summation, we have the twin of a person who never existed in the first place infiltrate the X-Men disguised as Magneto disguised as… his real identity… Make sense? No? Don’t worry. Nobody else can figure it out, either. At least Marvel got Magneto back for several more decades of milking.

Read more: http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-worst-...#ixzz1p8DNlZMR

uuuUUUUUUUGH! Fuck that guy in his ear. Can we talk about how Nightrawler and Angel are from different, warring species and how the blood of one hurts the other? No? Well, I JUST DID!

That run should have ended with Cyclops waking up in a cold sweat and saying "Oh, thank god. It was just a dream".

Oh shit, I hadn't even clicked the link.

re: Ultimates 3/ Ultimatum. My kid is getting into the Ultimate stuff, starting at the beginning (because that's how I roll). I really don't know how I'm going to handle it when he reaches that point. I think I'll just quietly stop giving him the books and let him discover why when he grows up.

Ultimates 3 was just fucking unreadable. Even compared to Ultimates 2, which was silly as shit but still enjoyable. There isn't a single goddamn redeeming quality about the 3rd book.

I, for one was glad to see Joe Mad getting more work.

In a hilarious twist though, I unearthed a shortbox from behind my bookshelf apparently unharmed by flood(RETCON!) and all it had in it was a bunch of unbagged Millar FF, the last 3 of Ultimates 5 and a heap of late Exiles issues. I tried picking through the Ultimates stuff but it was just... Ecch. So awful.

I didn't like late Exiles, they weren't sliding around to cool places as much.

That entire series is redeemed by how much I love that version of Mimic though. This guy that's practically a founding member of the X-Men, taken in as a confidant by each team member because he could actually relate to them and growing to be the team leader. There's a part where he needs to drop a power for a new one, and he laments that he's had his wings for 8 years. The guy is training with a specific power set right beside the rest of the team. He's just a cool dude, and I wish he would be shoehorned into 616 like Sugar Man and Dark Beast.

Web of Spider-Man #117–129, Sensational Spider-Man #0–11, Amazing Spider-Man #394–418, Spider-Man #51–75, Spectacular Spider-Man #217–240, Spider-Man Unlimited (Vol. 1) #7–14

If you peruse this list, you may be surprised to find that many of the entries are related to the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. The first one to make an appearance is the dreadfully convoluted and stupidly executed Clone Saga, a storyline that ran through all of the Spider-Man titles for two years. It all started with a storyline back in the 70s where the villain named the Jackal cloned Peter Parker and his deceased girlfriend Gwen Stacy. Spidey fought his clone, won, and went off none the wiser. Decades later, this storyline was brought back to life when it was revealed that not only had the clone survived his encounter with Spidey, but that the clone, now known as the Scarlet Spider, was the real Peter Parker and that the Peter Parker that the comics had followed for decades was the clone! Needless to say, this angered most, if not all, of Spider-Man’s fans.

So, what was supposed to be a short arc that only lasted a few issues ran for two long, painful years as Marvel tried to backtrack and restore the status quo. Along the way, it was revealed that, surprise-surprise, the Scarlet Spider WAS the clone and Peter Parker WAS the original. Throw in the clumsy resurrection of Aunt May after she had previously died (THAT Aunt May was ALSO another clone); a couple hundred more Spider-Man clones that Jackal just happened to have in his basement; and the revelation that the entire thing had been orchestrated by Norman Osborn, the Green Goblin, who was believed to have died decades ago- and you have one of the most infuriating stories ever told in the entire history of the comic book medium. And the kicker? Afterwards, everybody acted like nothing had happened and the plot line was never mentioned again. Marvel had literally wasted two years of their readers’ lives with nothing to show for it.

Ugh... I'm gonna have to read this entire fucking thing too. Nick, Eamonn, can I have your home phone numbers so that I can call you in the middle of the night and curse your names for ever implying this arc has redeeming qualities?

While this quoted guy above is really being very harsh, I say, don't waste your time, man. This storyline is only good if you're 14. You're not 14, are you? Seriously, just read the 5, 6 issue redo they released a couple years ago. It's fine.