Hondo's Bar

Comic book BLARGH

Thelogan

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

damn you, Ethan Van Scrier:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOP34LHAwsM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOP34LHAwsM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOP34LHAwsM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

medium_2588544684_e516c0acf9_o.jpg

Sound is out on my PC until I stop being lazy and re-format, si I had to watch it on my phone. I could barely make out any of the lyrics.

And you know damn well what it means to get James T. Kirk on a chick--especially when green is involved:

startrek-2.jpg

2009-05-01_shat-1.jpg

GreenSkinnedAlienBabe.jpg

Granted, I couldn't pull off the pseudo-bondage gear look he's sporing int his one though...

Kirk_and_shahna.jpg

And a lil' jungle feva Kirk thrown in for you, too

uhura_and_kirk_kiss1.jpg

PS

Fuck you Nick for making me google search "kirk green girl kiss." Some disturbing stuff is mixed in there.

Joe Quesada's wiki:

He was named Chief Creative Officer of Marvel Entertainment in 2010 and left his editor-in-chief role in January 2011, being replaced by Axel Alonso.

...huh. did anybody else know this? best of luck to Alonso, not many editors ive liked but he's been one (dude had the spot during some of this board's favorite vertigo titles, for one).

...huh. did anybody else know this? best of luck to Alonso, not many editors ive liked but he's been one (dude had the spot during some of this board's favorite vertigo titles, for one).

Shit, way to drop the ball, Hondo's! :duh:

Joe Q interview here.

Axel Alonso interview here.

What I got from both interviews (which are on MARVEL.com so they're basically fluff pieces) seems to be Joe Q will still be the main 'mouthpiece' of MARVEL but he'll focus on the MARVEL brand as a whole, which includes everything from films and TV to games and action figures. Alonso will mostly focus on the publishing (comics) aspect of the company as EiC.

This sounds very similar to what DC did (what, in 2009 or 10?) when they made Jim Lee and Dan DiDio co-editors. Dan seems to take a more hands on approach to the publishing while Jim is involved w/ developing the DCU online game and other shiz.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 4 weeks later...