Hondo's Bar

The Amazing Spider-Man

I still think this movie was better than 1 & 3 of the last trilogy and is at least equal to 2. If Sony ever starts feeling gracious this Spidey would fit perfectly in the Avengers universe and would be awesome to see fighting with the team.

I've actually seen some fanfic-ish shorts with the Avengers considering sending the kid an invite.

I've gone back a few pages but I can't find any post from me about this so I guess I'll go again

I liked the little touches the best, like the quick evolution of Parker's relationship with Flash. Shit like Parker infiltrating Ozcorp as an intern was just pant-on-head, as is the apparent need to have every loved one(dying or otherwise) foreshadow his move to cosplay crimefighting by talking about heroic destiny and whatnot.

Still, the little touches were great and I look forward to seeing where they take the franchise.

Jamie Foxx In Talks To Play Electro in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Sequel!

69540.jpg

Variety just dropped this bombshell: Apparrently Django Unchained actor Jamie Foxx is in "early talks" to suit up as Electro in Marc Webb's sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man. Details aside from that are sparse, but read on for what we have..

Mark "RorMachine" Cassidy - 11/1/2012

wwXTm.jpg

It seems we can now stop referring to Electro as being "rumored" to be the villain in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, as according to Variety, Sony are meeting with actors to play the role. One such actor - who although the site say is only in early talks, seems to be a shoe-in - is Jamie Foxx, next to be seen as the titular character in Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained. They don't have much more info on it, but word round the campfire (Latino Review) is that Homeland actor Damien Lewis was also up for the role at one point.

Oh, and there is this Tweet from the man himself of course..

78hWR.jpg

Read more at http://www.comicbook...Cod3P6sYDBEm.99

This's is what Webb had to say, when asked.

“What?!” Webb replied when I asked him about the casting news. The director made it clear he was feigning ignorance, and followed up with a very political (yet calculatedly non-committal) answer.

Look, Jamie Foxx is a genius actor, and I think he’s electrifying. That’s my standard quote right now,” Webb told me, with a laugh. “But I think he’s a brilliant actor. From his work back in In Living Color to Ray to what he did in Ali, he’s just one of the great character actors of our generation.”[/indent]

Edited by alive she cried

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...