Hondo's Bar

The Amazing Spider-Man

From comicbookmovie.com

Rhys Ifans IS The Lizard in Spider-Man Reboot

Many believed it, but now The Wrap has learned that Rhys Ifans will be portraying none other than the Lizard in Sony's Spider-man reboot. Check it Out! Yesterday, Sony announced Welsh actor & musician Rhys Ifans as the latest star to join the upcoming 3D Spider-Man reboot. And while the role was undisclosed, The Wrap has learned that...

"Rhys Ifans will play Dr. Curt Connors, better known as The Lizard, in Marc Webb's "Spider-Man" reboot"

While Phillip Seymour Hoffman was rumored for Eddie Brock, Venom, the Wraps' source says that the character would not be appearing in this film, but could show up in sequels. As many know, Secretariat actor Dylan Baker portrayed Dr. Curt Connors in Sam Raimi's trilogy, but evidently never got the opportunity to show the character's true colors; or scales in this case.

lizspide.jpg

Anyhow, Ifans starring alongside Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, Spidey returns to theaters July 3, 2012 in 3D.

I thought Topher Grace made a great Eddie Brock in Spidey 3 and really fit in well w/ the Raimi Spideyverse. Unfortunately the dancing and glut of subplots w/ Sandman & GG2 really stunk up the rest of the film and kinda overshadowed what could've been a great Spidey vs Venom film.

The Idea of Rhys Ifans anything is pretty fucking cringeworthy.

+1

You're really putting alot of faith in a project that is not giving anyone alot of reason to put faith into it.

2nd rate CGI Lizard will be fantastic. what this reboot doesn't have in talent or budget, it'll have in heart. i dont know if this is gonna give my 10/10 :wolvy: origin a run for its money, but anything's possible!

shut up shut up im trying to bait baytor and see if we can meetup with JZA again on the cheap help me out here

fuck cgi. they oughta go old school werewolf style make up with the lizard. since it is going to be a smaller budget that should be the way to go. at least with the transformation.

I'll go you one further and suggest they go all 'Mortal Kombat' with it, replacing budget with grit & weird blood disorders and whatnot.

Mortal Kombat > Spider-man 3. ill give you armageddon, though.

Axel - i wish theydve done some kinda makeup for Goblin in spidey 1, im assuming they tried & couldn't make it work though. gonna have to see his Lizard in action before making a call on just how fantastic he is, though.

• 2 months later...

Mech. web shooters, schmeck web shooters. They're attached to fancy Isotoners either way. Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy and Dennis Leary as her dad? Now, THAT I can get behind.

Denis Leary is negotiations to play the father of Emma Stone in Columbia’s new Spider-Man movie.

Stone is playing the love interest of Peter Parker/Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) and Leary will play police captain George Stacy, her father who frequently came into contact with the web-slinging superhero.

In Marvel Comics lore, Stacy perished in an accident during a battle between Spider-Man and Doctor Octopus, an event that led Gwen Stacy to hate the hero.

Columbia and director Marc Webb are keeping the James Vanderbilt and Alvin Sargent-penned script under lock and key so it’s uncertain how faithful to the core story Leary’s version of the character will be.

Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach and Laura Ziskin are producing the movie, which begins shooting in December.

WME-repped Leary hasn’t appeared in a theatrical movie since 2002’s The Secret Lives of Dentists, although he has been starring in the acclaimed drama Rescue Me since 2004. He appeared in HBO’s Recount and has continued to voice the character of Diego the sabertooth in the Ice Age movies.