Hondo's Bar

The Amazing Spider-Man

• 4 months later...

me either. it's taking some weird bits from Ben Reilly's costume (which again i dug) and that spider on the back...am i supposed to think of uh 2099 or what? I know it's gotta look a bit different from the toby one, and i kinda dig what they're doing with the small, dark rim around the eyes (feels almost Romita sr-esque?), its only the back of the costume that looks questionable to me, i think.

actually, the arachnid symbol on the front looks more like an image from a wal-mart skateboard. i might be nitpicky here.

You're talking to the guy who boycotted the Simpsons for 4 fucking years when he was 9, because they replaced TMNT as the cultural icon of the times. When I eventually caught up I was eating my own words, but those 4 years felt right.

• Upvote 1

Okay, I'll be the first then.

It's not all bad, they seem to be going for the more realistic, Kickassesque ski suit. It seems a bit more realistic and a small but more possible for a kid to make in his basement.

Does it have it's flaws? Silver fucking footie grips, this is Spider-Man after all, how much extra grip does he need? But otherwise, I don't mind it none too much.

Since leaking trailers is all the rage these days, here's one for Amazing Spider-Man.

Impressions? It doesn't look as bad as I expected. They seem to be going with a much darker tone (which is pretty much the opposite of Spider-Man, traditionally, but that's beside the point)

The highlight for me was the first person shots. It reminded me of a Spider-Man version of Mirror's Edge, which I now demand, it could totally work!

it would not work