Hondo's Bar

E3 2010

The NZA

kojimapic2.jpg

countdown image on Kojima's site....if the volunteer translators @ GAF are to be believed, we might be looking at Snatcher 2. holy shit tuesday needs to hurry up & get here.

alright fine its prolly a sequel to the fucking MGS iphone game or some shit but hey its not an E3 without setting oneself up for disappointment

156rcco.jpg

LIKE A BOSS

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Project Natal is "Kinect"

While there has been plenty of speculation as to what the official name of Project Natal will be, all of those questions were supposed to end on Sunday night at a Microsoft event.

Now it looks like the official name has been posted by USA Today and the motion device is officially called Kinect. There were also a number of games announced including:

Kinectimals

You can play with virtual animals. Lol cat Kinect!

Joyride

A racing game where players steer with their hands.

Kinect Sports

Boxing, bowling, beach vollyball, track and field, soccer and table tennis.

Kinect Adventures

River rafting with friends.

Dance Central

A dancing version of So You Think You Can Dance.

schermata20100614a00341.png

7srDh.gif

360 slim?

yup, that's the big news today. doesnt look much smaller, does it? there's potshots a-plenty on the aesthetics, but nothing's sexier than a slim failure rate.

Kinect makes me long for Natal, but then again, i havent really thought a console name was cool since the Genesis...guess they're going for that Wii/google thing of making silly names serious if the product works.

oh yeah, Ubisoft ship is falling apart.

71h56b.jpg

not-officially-confirmed-but-thats-whats-being-said-so-far-yeah

with Kineticamals or whatever. seriously, it cant possibly be that price, unless it comes with an arcade unit or something. big MS press event tomorrow, we'll know for sure soon!

not-officially-confirmed-but-thats-whats-being-said-so-far-yeah

with Kineticamals or whatever. seriously, it cant possibly be that price, unless it comes with an arcade unit or something.

If that was true it would put it maybe at $300.

itswrong100.gif

jh7imo.jpg

*edit oh god its actually a seatbelt PSA but tonight's been so horrendous i couldn't tell the difference someone hold me

real video:

moar edits: twitter from show:

patrickklepek

Worth noting: no voice recognition or prop scanning during tonight's Kinect event. Dropped features?

im gonna be honest: this woudlnt surprise me. still no idea how they were gonna make the prop scanning thing work.

2ugi343.jpgBPF4A.gif

STOOPID NINTENDO

HURRY UP AND START TALKING ABOUT THE NEXT ZELDA

MS AND SONY WANNA TALK ABOUT MOTION CONTROLS AND ITS LIKE WHEN YOU WATCHED EPISODE ONE AND WHENEVER ANYONE BUT THE JEDIS WERE TALKING YOU WERE LIKE "FUCK THIS, WHAT ARE THE JEDIS DOING RIGHT NOW" THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO ME HERE

28apbeq.jpg

gb_egm.jpg

voflogopn3.jpg

Zelda-GirlSword-700.jpg

IT COULD BE ANY OF THAT CRAP

OR ALL OF IT SOMEHOW I DONT EVEN KNOW ARRRRGGGGGHHHH

axfksx.jpg

you dont mean that. you're just hurt from the game's last outting.

Here is Kevin Butler, to sooth your wounds.

Damn that was funny.

Don't you mean the last 3 outting and I know Nintendo is going to force BS motion control with motion+ to the game.

No prop scanning or voice control? What of poor Milo and the many awful things I'd have him do?

If what we're seeing there is all there is, then it's a failure and quite depressing. Regarding prop scanning, Viva Pinata 2 hasa feature that is similar but I haven't really tried it yet, so I don't see it as completely out of the question. All I gotta wonder is, how do MS think they're outstripping Nintendo with that BS?

nybgog.jpg

*sigh* guess we'll see tomorrow.

tonight was just the circus solil (sp) show, mostly for MTV and to fuck with the gaming non-journalists, it seems. there was a brief clip of a Star Wars game with potential, but this wasn't the venue to really see it. tomorrow's later today's presser should give exact pricing, game details etc but i admit its hard to be hyped on what's been leaked/kinda shown so far. Kineticimals is...well, its something.

last rumor i read said Retro (Metroid Prime guys) were looking at a Donkey Kong revival, so between this and the 3DS...man, i hope MS and Sony have some really solid titles & surprises to show, is all im saying.

CMONNNNN ZELDA

if you really want to go nuts, it seems like non of it ws live, you can see where the people are laggin behind the things on scree :eh:.

That said as much as I want to bitch bitch bitch(god the whole thing was aweful and wierd and strange) lets wait till todays conference before we talk about dropped features and such. At the end of the day I think the dashboard stuff will be coolest for us and it's really more of a casual type device(much like the wii and the move will be).

The price and where it's packed in will be key, over 100 for a standalone will hurt, and I still believe that if sony and MS want to do well it needs to come with all new systems(no low end stripper models).

so far I'm no super impressed with the ms stuff, no surpises yet, and so far kintec is mostly wii stuff. Lets see how they finish.

Kinect stuff so BORING. More than that, it's the ham-fisted way they've got people trying to sell me on it. It's not FOR me, and the people it's for aren't watching the goddamn conferences, nor will they check the news sites that are reporting this.

yeah, I'd have thought more of this stuff would be shown yesterday(at the creepy cult meeting) and today would show, I dunno, real games.(and by that I mean something other then nintendogs and wii sports)

All i have left is the move it seems,

yeah, I'd have thought more of this stuff would be shown yesterday(at the creepy cult meeting) and today would show, I dunno, real games.(and by that I mean something other then nintendogs and wii sports)

All i have left is the move it seems,

I don't have too much more hope for the Move, but after seeing all the "WOO" and the "ALRIGHT" of the Kinect demos and the negative buzz they got, I have to imagine Sony, if they were planning those same sound effects, are thinking twice.

Archived