Hondo's Bar

E3 2010

The NZA

is the slim360 fixing the rrod? or is that a thing of the past already?

wassa matta with touch buttons?

Ever since they added the ability to completely install any game RROD hasn't been an issue, at least not for me or anyone I know or anyone that the people I know know. The disc spins once at startup, puts a lot less wear and tear on the system.

But they're clearly trying to make it at least look like they're doing something about it, you see all the grills on that thing? It's grill city. Plus a big ass fan right where you can see it.

Short story: don't worry about RROD. Be smart and take the extra few minutes and install whatever you're going to play, I'm flabergasted when I hear that some people don't.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
installs are lovely. internal proprietary HDD's are not, though.

Sucks that they're gonna make existing owners shell out another $20 for a transfer cable, I don't have any beef with the HD being tucked away inside. I'm assuming they did it to allow for another grill. They should put a grill on the controller. Apparently you can never have enough.

Lo - if we plan it, we could buy a communal Hondo's transfer cable and just mail it around as needed.

it never goes to Oz.

Playing on a massive screen that big and wide is not the same on a TV like ours is all I'm saying

you mean cause of motion control or...well, alright, but you're poo-pooing the best thing to come outta the show yet. gonna go watch the trailer again.

*edit: Harmonix's new DDR Dance Central known playlist so far:

"Poker Face" - Lady Gaga

"Body Movin’" - Beastie Boys

"Poison" - Bel Biv Devoe

"Funky Town" - Lipps Inc

"Galang '05" - M.I.A.

"Hella Good" - No Doubt

...ehhhh. will play at a party after a few drinks, no doubt, but i dunno.

Sucks that they're gonna make existing owners shell out another $20 for a transfer cable, I don't have any beef with the HD being tucked away inside. I'm assuming they did it to allow for another grill. They should put a grill on the controller. Apparently you can never have enough.

Nice new system. Big grills and fans. Finally, a hd that doesn't block vents... or blocks them less? I want. Looks like it's gonna retail at $299 and the elite will drop to $250.

Also, it seems that you can use up to 8gb memory stick to transfer your data. (wish I knew this when i used my arcade's 256 MB internal memory to move all my stuff) took forever, but did get the job done without a cable.

500x_purplevboxes.jpg

not the color i'dve rebranded with, but if you're gonna jack from nintendo, might as well go a gen back.

while we're on inane images, a trend has been noticed:

bk37x2tekovv1sse4.jpg

kb-convention.jpg

bk37zweuw3s410blo.jpg

lotta change goin' on.

damn you, obamas.

argh nothing going on last night but stupid Gaga activision party thing...oh, and Kojima's having dinner with Guillermo del Toro, how awesome is that?

110c9xv.jpg

also, this:

In the post, Kojima described Rising as "a next generation, modern MGS" from a "young generation." "This is why I've passed the full baton for the creative side to Matsuyama (Shigenobu Matsuyama, Rising's producer) and other staff."

Based off this comment, it does seem that Kojima is taking a hands-off approach to the game design side of Rising. This, of course, would be fitting considering his role as executive producer.

In the same Tweet (yes, Japanese Tweets can fit quite a bit into the character limit), Kojima addressed an area that has become somewhat of a topic on Japanese blogs following Rising's gameplay footage reveal at the MS press conference.

Back in April, Kojima Tweeted about a mysterious game project of his, saying "The next project will challenge a certain type of taboo. If I mess up, I'll probably have to leave the industry."

The Rising trailer showed heavy use of decapitation, which is something that's usually censored from Japanese game releases. Is this the taboo Kojima was referring to in his April Tweet?

Kojima cleared this up today, Tweeting: "The thing that I in the past Tweeted 'It might touch upon a taboo' is a separate title, one that am doing game design and directing."

anyway, hours away from Nintendo, then Sony. big day today! im not gonna be able to sleep.

Looks like Child of Eden will support regular controls, but the motion stuff is only on Kinect. If it works as well as it seemed to when the Miz was playing it at the coolest part of the Ubisoft con, then it gives a much needed bit of awesome to the kinect lineup.

Here's the presser:

LOS ANGELES, USA – June 14, 2010 – Today Ubisoft announced Child of Eden, developed by Q? Entertainment Inc. under the direction of the renowned game creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi.

Child of Eden is a multi-sensory shooter that will send players diving into a kaleidoscopic matrix of synchronized music and mind-blowing visuals that will usher forth a landmark game experience.

Scheduled for a Q1 2011 release on the Xbox 360 ® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and for the PlayStation ® 3 computer entertainment system, the game will also be compatible with Kinect TM for Xbox 360 ® that will provide an enhanced gameplay experience as the player will become truly immersed in the game, with no physical barriers between him and the game world.

Child of Eden thrusts the player into the center of a battle to save Project Lumi, a mission to reproduce a human personality inside Eden, the archive of all human memories. As the project nears completion, the archive is invaded by an unknown virus. The player’s mission is to save Eden from the virus, restoring hope and peace.

Key features of Child of Eden:

Multi-sensory effect: A visionary entertainment experience that synchronizes stunning graphics and innovative sound design to electrify the senses. By bringing physics in synergy with spectacular visuals and audio, Child of Eden is creating the next-generation sensory experience.

The world of Eden: Coming straight from Tetsuya Mizuguchi’s creative mind: a unique, surprising, rich and beautiful world.

Controls: Simple and natural. Designed for standard controllers and Kinect for Xbox 360. With no controller required, Kinect for Xbox 360 adds an extra dimension to the experience as the player truly merges into the game. The sensor will detect the player’s body movements, allowing for a completely new multi-sensory shooting game experience.

For more information on Child of Eden, please visit: www.childofedengame.com

Don't know why MS didn't want to demo this at their conference, especially since motion controls look to be exclusive for 360.

there where lots of people saying yesterday that it would have move support as well and it stands that it might not be said till the sony presser... will see if my google fu is strong here... also george, what part of keep your fucking phone on did you not seem to understand?

New Kid Icarus, New Goldeneye, and new Donkey Kong, new Kirby, as well as Epic Mickey and Metroid showings and the 3DS. I think Nintendo has pulled ahead of Microsoft's conference. I mean, I don't have any HOPE For the new goldeneye and I'm wary of the metroid... but Kid Icarus looked fucking bomb, and Donkey Kong and Kirby appear to be back and staying true enough to their roots. Plus Metal Gear on the 3DS, which is an upset of many sorts.

I'm ignoring the new Zelda because Miyamoto couldn't even demonstrate the 1:1 he said was IN the game, which was a mistaaaaake.

peopl at the show are saying it looks like interference.BTW I have just forwarded nintendo my bank account info, I figure it's easier that way.So basicly unless sony shows a retarded psp2, crazy move games, a ps3 price drop and hires hookers to come to my house, nintendo wins, sony 2nd MS a distant 3rd and ubisoft is pretty much dead. good e3 :Dand now nintendcats, bye bye kintiecimals

It was interference eventually, but initially he couldn't reliably get out horizontal or vertical strikes. He said it was one to one, but on a clear simple horizontal motion he got link to do his signature circle slash. I'm willing to believe there was interference towards the end, but initially there were those problems mentioned above. I'm willing to believe it'll get ironed out as it's developed through the end of the year, but what was shown wasn't what he was trying to say it was.

His appearance on-stage was cheesy-cool, though.

EDIT: Lol, they're having 3DS and Zelda: Skyward Sword gameplay booths in the convention hall as a way to give people a hands-on, as if to keep people from the next conference. He said that the buses aren't even going to start moving to the next hall until eleven, but the stadium that big full of people, I'm sure they'll steal SOME people away from the sony conference just with that.

Wow! Unless the 3DS is like a thousand dollars it's a day one for me!!

That Kid Icarus trailer pretty much sold me. I mean, shit, I'd play that in 2D.

It helps that my current system is a DS Brick... but I dunno. I haven't bought many new DS games, so I'm... hesitant.

Gabe Newall... fucking GABE NEWALL came on the sony conference and said that Portal 2 will not only be COMING to the PS3, but the PS3 version will be the BEST version of the game.

Holy christ balls. Whatever they had to do to him to make him do that means Sony wins. Seriously.

EDIT: Apparently I misheard. it's not just Portal 2 that's coming, it's fucking STEAM, and there will be cross-platform play between PS3 and PC as a result for some titles. Holy christ balls squared.

EDIT: I Did not mishear. It was just steamworks enabled, so there's cross-platform chat. Stupid reporting.

Gabe Newall... fucking GABE NEWALL came on the sony conference and said that Portal 2 will not only be COMING to the PS3, but the PS3 version will be the BEST version of the game.

Holy christ balls. Whatever they had to do to him to make him do that means Sony wins. Seriously.

^^THIS.

Move looks ok. Alot cheaper than I was expecting. That new Assassin's Creed looks really cool too.

EDIT: Apparently I misheard. it's not just Portal 2 that's coming, it's fucking STEAM, and there will be cross-platform play between PS3 and PC as a result for some titles. Holy christ balls squared.

EDIT: I Did not mishear. It was just steamworks enabled, so there's cross-platform chat. Stupid reporting.

Wait, so is PS3 getting Steam integration or no? That would be just about the coolest thing ever.

I love how fanboyish people get when Valve finally throws the PS3 a bone, it's like being excited that some hot chick who pissed on your mom, called you a cunt and fucked your best friend is FINALLY talking to you.

Wait, so is PS3 getting Steam integration or no? That would be just about the coolest thing ever.

I love how fanboyish people get when Valve finally throws the PS3 a bone, it's like being excited that some hot chick who pissed on your mom, called you a cunt and fucked your best friend is FINALLY talking to you.

It's no, there'll be cross-platform chat, near as I can tell... but the announcement is new, I'm sure more details will come.

But yeah, people are excited, because GAbe said consoles are shit and PS3 was the shittiest of them, and to have him say "The PS3 version will be the best version of the game," even if not to imply that it'll be superior, but will be equal to the other platforms, is big.

Archived