Hondo's Bar

True Blood

The NZA

True Blood Character Poll  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

seems like some didnt dig the finale; confrontation might've been quick but it gave me what i came for.

so next season: the redhead's wild (saw that coming), sookie's not entirely human (shoulda been obvious?), Eggis is gone (honestly though, dude was doomed), only real dangling plotlines for me are Sam's possibly evil parents and whatever just happened to sucker-for-love Bill/was it Eric's doing.

ps eric love the kids.

js1qc6.gif

Just went through all of season 2 in about three days... really, that is the only way I can conceive of watching this show. All episodes nice and lined up for mind numbing hours of watching Eric be SO FUCKING SEXY IT'S NOT EVEN FAIR TO THE REST OF HUMANITY.

So, I definitely think it's Eric behind the Billnapping, but I found myself not caring as much as I would have thought... dropped the ball on character development for Bill this season, I thought. On the other hand, Eric got a whole lot of much needed screen time. I didn't like that they're developing Bill and Eric to be equals... I liked it better when Bill couldn't say shit to Eric because he was sheriff.

I was really disappointed with the Queen thing, mostly because I was really excited about that storyline and then it turned out to be Evan fucking Rachel Wood, who I really dislike. She also didn't give the impression of being particularly ancient or powerful and it wasn't really clear why she was Queen in the first place. Plus I don't like her. Yeah.

I liked the Godric storyline, the whole vampire Jesus imagery was cool.

I'm not sure why anyone was surprised to find Sookie wasn't entirely human... she's been a supernatural the whole time... ??

True Blood drinking game we developed... Take a drink every time Bill says "Sookie", every time someone gets killed, and every time Lafayette makes a sexual double entendre, and finish your drink and/or take a shot everytime the Bill/Sookie theme music plays.

About 1:00 into that clip, if you don't know what music I'm talking about.

Alternatively, you can drink every time you are distracted by Anna Paquin's gap teeth (hey, hey, I'm not saying she isn't still cute), or find yourself turned on by Eric. But those are rather subjective.

I have to wait another YEAR for season 3. Damn.

Just went through all of season 2 in about three days... really, that is the only way I can conceive of watching this show. All episodes nice and lined up for mind numbing hours of watching Eric be SO FUCKING SEXY IT'S NOT EVEN FAIR TO THE REST OF HUMANITY.

So, I definitely think it's Eric behind the Billnapping, but I found myself not caring as much as I would have thought... dropped the ball on character development for Bill this season, I thought. On the other hand, Eric got a whole lot of much needed screen time. I didn't like that they're developing Bill and Eric to be equals... I liked it better when Bill couldn't say shit to Eric because he was sheriff.

I was really disappointed with the Queen thing, mostly because I was really excited about that storyline and then it turned out to be Evan fucking Rachel Wood, who I really dislike. She also didn't give the impression of being particularly ancient or powerful and it wasn't really clear why she was Queen in the first place. Plus I don't like her. Yeah.

I liked the Godric storyline, the whole vampire Jesus imagery was cool.

I'm not sure why anyone was surprised to find Sookie wasn't entirely human... she's been a supernatural the whole time... ??

True Blood drinking game we developed... Take a drink every time Bill says "Sookie", every time someone gets killed, and every time Lafayette makes a sexual double entendre, and finish your drink and/or take a shot everytime the Bill/Sookie theme music plays.

About 1:00 into that clip, if you don't know what music I'm talking about.

Alternatively, you can drink every time you are distracted by Anna Paquin's gap teeth (hey, hey, I'm not saying she isn't still cute), or find yourself turned on by Eric. But those are rather subjective.

I have to wait another YEAR for season 3. Damn.

Agree with everything you said. Also gonna have to rewatch season one and two and play that drinking game :D

yeah, the queen thing.

they didnt indicate shit, was she "queen" of that town or what? she cant be that ancient, she gave off more a buffy/angel character thing -moreso snide than impressive, i guess.

i was thinking, with eric being that old, and his maker being almost b.c., how much older can vamps get? youd figure back in old world europe theyd have a hierarcy of ancients but mebbe im reading into shit based on the mythos. and yes again, bill was the chump of this season...he spent much of it getting held down/trapped by women or being told off by them for trying to put his foot down in his own house/car, haha.

im glad they picked up with lafayette again, but its weird how sookie - and bill's veering into that territory - are among the show's least interesting roles.

About the queen...

I'm pretty sure I remember them mentioning that she was the "queen" of Louisiana, not the end all, be all queen of all vamps.

I don't think her status is based on age either. I get the feeling that, much like our own system, the vampire's political heiarchy is not based on age, strength or actual ability. I'm pretty sure Godric is the oldest and most powerful vamp we've been introduced to thus far, and yet that blonde vampire from the tv chewed his ass out for causing all that bad press with the fellowship of the sun.

I have a theory about why eric and the queen

are selling v. So you drink a vampires blood, they kinda become a part of you. You become more suseptable to thier influence. It's made clear to the viewer when Eric tricks Sookie into drinking his blood. Well, Jason and Amy were drinking Eddie's blood....AAH....Now Jason's fast friendship, which seemed really strange to me while it was happening, (not to mention his sexy dreams with Eddie) make sense. Sooooo, are the vamps intentionally getting their blood (Queen of Louisiana, and my heart, Rachel Evan Wood's blood maybe) out to garner influence with an unspecting human populace?

About the queen...

I'm pretty sure I remember them mentioning that she was the "queen" of Louisiana, not the end all, be all queen of all vamps.

I don't think her status is based on age either. I get the feeling that, much like our own system, the vampire's political heiarchy is not based on age, strength or actual ability. I'm pretty sure Godric is the oldest and most powerful vamp we've been introduced to thus far, and yet that blonde vampire from the tv chewed his ass out for causing all that bad press with the fellowship of the sun.

I have a theory about why eric and the queen

are selling v. So you drink a vampires blood, they kinda become a part of you. You become more suseptable to thier influence. It's made clear to the viewer when Eric tricks Sookie into drinking his blood. Well, Jason and Amy were drinking Eddie's blood....AAH....Now Jason's fast friendship, which seemed really strange to me while it was happening, (not to mention his sexy dreams with Eddie) make sense. Sooooo, are the vamps intentionally getting their blood (Queen of Louisiana, and my heart, Rachel Evan Wood's blood maybe) out to garner influence with an unspecting human populace?

She is just the queen of Louisiana, every state has it's own Queen and Magister. I was reading up on it and in the books Sophie-Ann and Eric are about the same age, somewhere around 1100 years, but in the show she is only around 400. Apparently in the books age is pretty much the only deciding factor in vampire politics, the older you are the more claim you have to higher authority as the older you are the more powerful you are without question. But that doesn't mean you are required to hold authority, just that it's yours if you want it. Doesn't Eric say something like that about Godric, that he could be King of anywhere he wanted because he was so old and powerful? So it would seem to be a difference they created in the show, as far as how all that works.

Ben and I had that thought, when we watched the finale, about her trying to spread her influence via selling V, but there were a few things that didn't add up... I mean, if you're thinking that drinking Eddie's blood caused Jason to become closer to him, it certainly didn't give Eddie any influence over Amy. Not to mention they drank V that Amy had gotten from who knows where, and there aren't any random vampires popping up in Jason's dreams... and Lafayette didn't seem to have any influence from Eddie or anything and he had presumably done more of it than Amy and Jason did. Maybe it had something to do with the amount... one drop or two wouldn't do much but if you drank from the same vampire consistently, or a large amount at once, as with Sookie drinking from Bill and Eric, it gives you more influence, but then if Sophie-Ann's plans were to have a substantial amount of influence over a large populace, selling V wouldn't do terribly much. To even get a small degree of influence out there she would have to be drained fairly consistently and she would have to be pretty much the only vamp donating blood.

I didn't like anything about the Queen character, she just didn't give the impression of being extraordinary in any way as a vampire. Maybe I just like my True Blood vamps vaguely broody or something. Not to mention I'm a bit prejudiced against Evan Rachel Wood... dating Marilyn Manson for street cred and to piss her parents off seems like a bad idea. Especially as he has thoughts of smashing her skull in with a sledgehammer since they broke up.

• 8 months later...

Didn't read pages 2 and 3 (too many spoiler tags... didn't wanna get tempted). Seen season one. Three episodes left in season 2 and this is one of the best shows I've ever seen. Awesome, awesome, AWESOME stuff! Season 3 is all cued up on TiVo. Can't wait!

I've read the series in its entirety so far - flew through all of the books in just under 2 weeks.

They go in very different directions, and the TV series kind of jumps ahead a bit - but it will be interesting to watch season three. Some of the characters introduced become pretty integral to the plot line.

Love the show, and love who they cast for Sookie though!

Bring on Season 3!

after finishing season 2 I can say this has become my favorite tv show. I can't sit down and continually sit through an entire season of a show nonstop like I can with this. I'm hyped for the weres. I want Tara's whiny ass to get killed off.I doubt the latter will happen but she is the only part I genuinely dislike about the show :/