Hondo's Bar

Music Blargh?

Special K

i recall enjoying a bit've nickelback's first album, so they've got that over creed, for me.

plus chad kroeger does more tolerable stuff elsewhere like that spider-man song.

Damn, Nick. That's cold. You know Panch finally got that shit blocked from his memory and now you're bringing it back up.

i'm gonna actually give more material for the peanut gallery here: i like that song, and i like this one too, even if its mostly because of santana.

most nickelback stuff sucks and sounds the game, but i can enjoy a few tracks that don't. get at me, hondo's.

I dunno, Nick. Stapp & Kroeger both get gold medals for dickishness and front row seats for their inevitable inductions into in the Douchebags of Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. But I'll dislike Creed & keep my loathing for Nickelback.

I will cop to liking this song quite a bit when it first came out, and this was before I knew anything about the band. However, the fact they're Canadian accent insists upon rhyming "sorry" w/ "story" in the chorus plus the fact Chad Kroeger's douchbaggery became apparent as time went by only served to taint the song for me.

What Nickelback urban Legends am I missing? I mean, aside from being a mediocre 'rock' act pumping out singles with mainstream appeal like a white trash Den mother, how do they get to hang in the Douchebag olympics with Scott 'It's good to be King' Stapp? That guy's the pop music equivalent of Albert Fish.

yeah, i dont really keep up with which artists aren't cool to hang with either, but that first link was awful, like asking shelbyville folks why springfield's no good - stopped reading at THEYRE CANADIAN LOL. an FB page says his lyrics are misogynistic & homophobic, but all they got is the "gays arent millionaires" thing. i dunno, i thought there'd be more here than "his music sucks". i mean, if i had to list why kanye's a douche, it'd take days.

And likewise Stapp has the groupies incident to his name. Mediocre rock, dunno that they deserve the term 'douche' for anything other than making a buck off the masses by whoring themselves. Fucked if I'ma fault 'em for that. I'm certainly no 'artist'.

Oh, Jay, definitely there's probably a ton of evidence out there for Stapp as well. Honestly, I can't rightly pinpoint why or how I determined Chad Kroeger was a douche other than the obvious: bad music and the irksome cut of his jib. I do, for some reason, vaguely recall that an episode of CRIBS may have contributed to it. Or was it a song they did about CRIBS? Meh.

I will need the Panchlation for your Robert Fish reference though.

that first link was awful, like asking shelbyville folks why springfield's no good - stopped reading at THEYRE CANADIAN LOL.

That's not enough?

• 4 weeks later...

2,000 watts of bass

Funny. Slightly intimidating.

40,000 watts of bass

Hey hon? If it's shaking you that much, I don't think putting your fingers in your ears is going to change what it must be doing to your fucking brain. That shit's a potential WMD right there.

*sigh* that pic kills me everytime. its taking joe's face and really, its how things shouldve gone...

*looks at sonic on nintendo systems, MJ's fate, state of comic industry, gaming DLC, etc*

we're in the wrong timeline. gentlemen, we need to go back and fix this.