Hondo's Bar

Music Blargh?

Special K

• 2 weeks later...

there's a thread for this, loggins

yeah, he came a long way since drama/theater school shit, but you know? in those short years, he bucked off shots at cops. i'm not gonna call that guy a poser when he tattoos "thug life" quite the same way i would for, say, wiz khalifa.

What thread is that?

Glad you got to see it before they took it down. :fuming: The contrast of a young, articulate, sensitive and slightly effeminate young Tupac against the image that he cultivated for success is pretty stark, I thought.

I wasn't implying that he was a poser. I'm saying he was an actor and a performer. And a brilliant one at that. I honestly don't think there was much difference between what he was doing and Sacha Baron Cohen doing Borat, just the degree of commitment to the role. I'm convinced both characters are about as far from the real person as one could get.

He came up with an idea, found something he was good at, and made millions doing it. So what if he didn't start talking street until he was in his 20's?

I came here to post this:

dkYwa.jpg

the one about the hip-hops, where pac stans like panch will see this, heh

that's a popular theory, but mostly from people that didn't really keep up with him going in & after jail. i tend to think the only way i'd agree with it (based on interviews, lyrics, actions & the like) is if you'd take it a step further and say it's an act he bought, because i do think he was sincerely about those things. that's not something i can say for 90%+ of the rick rosses and other artists left in his wake, kinda part of what made him stand out - that and his large catalog during his short life, it's crazy how varied the works are. you can kinda watch/listen to him develop as it goes, which i really dig expect the parts towards the end when he gets crazy paranoid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Because Panch requested it, a somewhat random sampling of 6 albums.

Yeah man, the first lyrics are "Giant Sized Man-Thing #4". Not to mention the name of the album. The influence is strong here, I'm so fucking proud.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

At this point I would like to make an official apology to Rebecca Black.

Honey, I realize now that you're actually pretty talented.

But this...this

I also realize that I may very well be getting trolled. Ms. Black was clearly legit, these guys are almost too awful to actually exist.

I finally find a good situation to use this on facebook and the video is fucking private. I guess I should be thankful.... but I'm not. The weirdest part is that it is NO WHERE to be found at all on youtube. No dupe music vid, no song without the video, not even any ironic covers done acousticly. there are a couple of parodies, but I assume those will have different lyrics... and let's face it, it just won't be the same.

I guess just a normal "happy birthday" will have to suffice.

Edited by axel_napalm

• 4 weeks later...

I couldn't take more than 40 sec. of that. The music was run of the mill bad, but dear God, those facial expressions gave douche chills.

I need this to bump to the next page. Every time I see that someone actually felt so strongly about the mockery of either Danzig or Tony Danza that they actually had to -1 it, I just get confused.

As well you should be. It's at least back to neutral now.

Mona! Tell your children not to walk my way!

Edited by Mr. Hakujin