Hondo's Bar

Batman - City of Scars

yeah, damn, that was pretty good.

at first im thinking "great, another joker story" but it went interesting places and had good production value most of the time - solid casting for the major roles, great moody atmosphere and some key elements. fight scenes were alright for not having real choreography, certainly went in a direction i didn't see coming. money well spent, hope the dude sees some of it back.

/obligatory HE HAD A BETTER BATMAN VOICE THAN BALE

As cool as that was, it really bugs me that Batman didn't destroy Scarface. I'm not too hip on his encounters with him. Does he not do it because it'll cause Wesker to go (more) insane or what? :/

Yeesh. I couldn't stand that guy's Batman voice. Not to mention the terrible delivery and dialogue. I got through less than 10 minutes before turning it off. I may go back and try to finish it since it's getting so much love in here, but yeesh. Just not diggin' it.

As cool as that was, it really bugs me that Batman didn't destroy Scarface. I'm not too hip on his encounters with him. Does he not do it because it'll cause Wesker to go (more) insane or what? :/

I think he sympathizes with the guy, he has to understand crazy. Maybe he just knows that the Ventriloquist will make a new dummy or use something else entirely, and he would really just be needlessly torturing a person that is clearly unhinged.

Hrrm...That does sound like something Miller Bats would do.

While skimming the wiki I thought is was funny that Ventriloquist got a black power ring and became a Black Lantern.

Joker actor was bad, but I cut him a little slack because that has to be a really hard role to do properly.

The same guys did a film called Patient J before City of Scars. Warning: Mostly talking heads with a few quality flashbacks.

Like CoS, it's pretty flawed. But when you look at it as the cinema equivalent to fanfic it's cooler than it should be.

Archived