Hondo's Bar

Wonder Woman

Lycaon

in this thread, baytor forgets who John Byrne is...not to mention Slott, Messner-Loebs and Deodato.

im with Logan; gym outfit > victoria secrets getup, but the 70's white kung-fu gi is hot shit.

Wait, I'm confused, are you putting John Byrne out there as a good writer? I'm probably missing sarcasm.

I saw a close-up of the costume on Cracked earlier and I rescind my saying that she looks like Kathy: Amazon Princess, the costume is really much closer to some of the clothes Miley Cyrus sells. I can't wait to see Wonder Woman's alter ego: Diana Indiana. (PS the new top shows just as much if not more cleavage than the old one and her belt has a V on it, just sayin(

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only problem i have with the pic greyskull posted is the open toed sandal boots. who the hell goes into battle with open toed shoes? other than that, it it the most functional/feminine costume for wonder woman, as she is a gladiator and hot. emphasis on the HOT. I'm diggin the ninja 70's suit but without the red white and blue (*AHEM NEW SUIT MISSING WHITE*) it just doesn't scream 'iconic'. It'd be like captian america in all black....srsly. imma bout to design this bitch myself...

Fixed for accuracy.

you're the same dude who started the lingere ladies football team thread, right? it all makes sense now.

also, "gladiator" outfit - chikinz called out the open-toe bullshit, exposed arms/legs is pretty dumb too. this is like when Jill in Resident Evil 1 had everything but her sleeves covered & looked ready for battle, then in 3 she's in a tube top and cut-offs or something. ugh, yeah, let's keep pandering to prepubescent fan-service.

also, baytor called it: red, white & blue makes sense when you're superman, i.e., trying to be an american icon. there's no reason for an amazon warrior to have these colors, unless she hates the idea of stealth or something.

the only problem i have with the pic greyskull posted is the open toed sandal boots. who the hell goes into battle with open toed shoes? other than that, it it the most functional/feminine costume for wonder woman, as she is a gladiator and hot. emphasis on the HOT. I'm diggin the ninja 70's suit but without the red white and blue (*AHEM NEW SUIT MISSING WHITE*) it just doesn't scream 'iconic'. It'd be like captian america in all black....srsly. imma bout to design this bitch myself...

What shoes are you seeing on her in an outfit like that? It's straight out of mythology and despite my limited imaginations' best efforts, I can't see Doc Martens working so well without her going from Amazonian to Indigo Girl.

also, "gladiator" outfit - chikinz called out the open-toe bullshit, exposed arms/legs is pretty dumb too. this is like when Jill in Resident Evil 1 had everything but her sleeves covered & looked ready for battle, then in 3 she's in a tube top and cut-offs or something. ugh, yeah, let's keep pandering to prepubescent fan-service.

also, baytor called it: red, white & blue makes sense when you're superman, i.e., trying to be an american icon. there's no reason for an amazon warrior to have these colors, unless she hates the idea of stealth or something.

Okay, here's a Spartan Hoplite, pretty much known worldwide as the most heavily armoured warrior in Ancient Greece:

48644oplitismi9.jpg

Notice the lack of shoes or vambraces (Both of which Wonder Woman has), not to mention in this outfit she's wearing a ton more armor than pretty much any non-Ironman hero out there (including Batmand and your boy Daredevil who I might add don't have any superhuman abilities like Diana does)

And I was mocking the origin of the colors, it was pretty dumb, but for her to wear them as an American supherhero makes plenty of sense. She's a national icon just like Superman so her reasons to wear the colors would be the same as his.

okay. back then, they didn't have asphalt. they fought on softer material. there has to be a way to design a gladiator boot that is both true to the orginal design and fully functional for everyday modern wear and tear. I think the original boots look great, but they just don't fit in modern times, whereas yes, that's a whole lot of armor, and you'd want to keep some of it, but wearing all of that armour when your flying around kicking ass and you have superpowers is just overkill. It's about balance, I'd keep the breast plate, it's very feminine and yet makes a very powerful statement concerning her origins.

baytor:

1) its possible to design something better/more efficient than what was available a few thousand years ago, particularly when one's enemies/threats are different, to say the least.

seriously, of all female superheroes to look butch/armored up, why wouldnt diana be at the top of that list? she's a great deal stronger than most, true, but so are her enemies, id figure.

2) i havent read a ton of WW, but the better portrays of her in recent years (deodato's artemis arc, even the recent animated) dont have her singing "truth, justice & the ameircan way" along with supes; she's acted as a diplomat from hippolyta or whatever. still not seeing why she needs to drape herself in the american flag.

Cracked's image is good, but absolutely falls apart when you realize "all-american girl" isnt wearing any freakin' pants.

She's a diplomat to the 'Men's world' which culturally, politically and most importantly in terms of her allies, means America. It's like someone coming to their first baseball game in the hometeam's colours.

And I, just like Warren Ellis endorse the idea of barefoot superheroes and wish to see more. Jack Hawksmore for the WIN!

Wonder Woman can take a high powered rifle bullet to the face, I don't think she should be very worried about the soles of her feet.

If you don't have to worry about terrain making you uncomfortable, is there really much of a point to shoes? Seems like more of a liability if anything.

That said, I don't think she should worry much about armor either. I think the original RW&B hotpants costume is retarded, I just don't think the Superboy get up is any better.

If I redesigned WW, she would just be tastefully and confidently nude all the time.

Edited by Thelogan

For shits and giggles.

underbelt1.jpg

I don't mind her new look. The new story seems plausible as well. I've never really read up on classic ww fare but who knows. If the trade hits Barnes and Noble, I'll give it a read.

yahve & JZA have convinced me to retract my statements: WW should return to a barely-spartan-esque getup which shows just enough flesh to appease logans and hopefully moves sales of the likely not-selling book. honestly, the focus on her attire over building good villains & such speaks more to my disinterest in the character anyway; she might as well offer some eye candy while she's not doing much else.

I like the version with the pants and belt on the far right, lose the buckles. I also like the fact that she has a super-bitch look on her face. Someone with WW's upbringing and intense training would prob'ly be the most condescending and smug cunt you ever met in the real world. Most people brought up under doctrine's of superiority are, I imagine it would be even more extreme if they knew they actually were superior.