Hondo's Bar

Hondo's @ Steam

The NZA

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

2K's got a big sale going; yesterday was Mafia 1 & 2, today it's Bioshock 1/2 for $5/each.

also, it's a quieter bundle than usual, but the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle is on - grab for whatever price you want:

Trine*

Shadowgrounds*

Shadowgrounds Survivor*

Jack Claw (Prototype) (Windows Only) (Source Code)

Splot (Pre-Order) (Windows Only)

* Includes original soundtrack

the first 3 can be activated on Steam via a code you get at purchase, the other ones aren't there yet but as always, when they are, steam will likely honor it. just wanted to put this out there for anyone else into HIB's, charity or indie games.

I thought I'd be all clever and run WoW through Steam so I can use steamchat in-game and the shift+tab browser, and the result has been that I start up steam and have to buy something nearly every goddamn day.

These 75% sales are just too much for me to ignore.

Also, I have Trine on PS3, it's a solid little game.

yeah man, i think i joined last summer, and between these bundles, im at 180 freaking games. it's crazy. i'm gonna have a list/spending cap for the summer sale, swear to god.

it's just...i'm super cheap, but a game that looks even slightly interesting for $2-3? fuck me, i cant say no.

2K's got a big sale going; yesterday was Mafia 1 & 2, today it's Bioshock 1/2 for $5/each.

also, it's a quieter bundle than usual, but the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle is on - grab for whatever price you want:

the first 3 can be activated on Steam via a code you get at purchase, the other ones aren't there yet but as always, when they are, steam will likely honor it. just wanted to put this out there for anyone else into HIB's, charity or indie games.

I don't understand this and am deeply mistrustful of it. I recieved an email from these guys this morning about this. So they're just indie games that you purchase via donation?

exactly that. you leave as much (or as little) as you want, but $5.15 or so is the average. a lot of my best indie games on steam came from Humble Indie Bundle 1 & 2. i love these things - you can even specify how much goes to the developer or how much to charity.

from JZAs, by way of maldrons: to hype Portal 2 possibly dropping early, steam's having some fun getting people to play different games - those of you with Audiosurf (one of the best the service provides, and i got it for like $2), boot it up tonight for a cool, hidden track! such an awesome easter egg.

ps you fucking well arent playing duke nukem forever, liar

I've been saying that all day! It's not even out yet! If anyone had that game now, it would certainly be through legitimate means and they would have been made to agree to all manner of legal nonsense and disclosure warnings. Since any leaked pictures or video could be easily traced back to the source, I really doubt the person in question would be dumb enough to try to run in through a third party client simply because it wasn't specifically mentioned in said legal documents.

That doesn't make any sense at all.

Let me state, for the record, that I am NOT playing Duke Nukem Forever right now.

So I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets irritated by all the goddamn TRAIN bullshit when you're trying to browse. That nonsense is everywhere, and a lot of it is like $20-$30 to boot. For shiggles, I looked it up.

Railworks 2: $29.99

There are 73 DLC packs ranging from $3.99- $39.99, coming to a total of $1,166.32. That's One THOUSAND, one hundred and sixty-six dollars and thirty-two cents.

Is there that much of a market for this? Enough to justify a $1200 game about watching trains NOT explode? My mind is boggled.

Gamefaqs message board. Bustling with activity.

Metacritic = Non-existent

Edited by Thelogan

its funny, during holiday sales they've marked it 50% off, which must be a crazy deal if youre into that kinda thing.

i used to clown too, but some friends bought the base game on sale last christmas, and swear it's really relaxing.

• 2 months later...

tumblr_llnpl1Ud1y1qb0cm6o1_500.gif

oh god it's starting and its beautiful

its the goddamn sale ive wanted for a while now, fucking vampire bloodlines (FINALLY), dreamfall + last journey for $6, talking to a russian dude to get me witcher 2 for $13, like 2 games on my wishlist arent on sale (yet), someone hold me

5284838258_b4f2a3c30b_z.jpg

today's damage:

The Longest Journey + Dreamfall - $6.30 (an excellent price for both; 75% off so no regrets if it drops past that)

Scratches $5 (horror adventure, came recommended)

The Graveyard $1.25 (arthouse shit, but i dug The Path)

= $12.55 so far. wooo! Vampire: Bloodlines at $13 is still killing me, but i gotta hold out just to see if it somehow ends up being a daily deal. others im buying for sure the last day if they dont drop further: Fallout collection (1, 2 & tactics) for $10, Ghostbusters ($6.70), debating a few others like Wolfenstein 3D ($3.34), Commander Maldron Keen collection (also $3.34), i think Worms Reloaded might be a daily deal tomorrow so ill bite at $5 or less. Gun is still too much at $12, Lost horizon likewise at $10. Jade empire and psychonauts are like the only on my list not yet on sale, and i kinda doubt ME1 will go to $5 again with EA doing Origin service of theirs now.

the only loss today was Witcher 2, i really want it but $33 is still too high for me, and that's todays daily so its very unlikely it'll go lower this sale. i had a dude on another forum try to grab it in russia for me (it's $13 there), but he got locked out at the moment so it's not likely...guess i'll wait for the holiday sale, or see what GOG does. no biggie, it can be found for $30 at retail so i know it'll drop, and ive already got some quality titles here to beef up my backlog again later.

anyone else in on the magic?

I just bought Commander Keen, Doom 3 + expansion, Doom 2, Final Doom, Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Rider, HeXen 2, HeXen: Beyond Heretic, HeXen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel, Quake, Quake 2 + 2 mission packs, Quake 3 arena + team arena + mission packs, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Spear of Destiny, Ultimate Doom and Wolfenstein 3D.

For $29.99

I'm eyeballing the paradox pack. I'm hesitant because I already own some of them and it's $75, but the retail value is over $750!!! Oh god, this sale is gonna kill me.

yeah, that Id pack aint bad, i already had the dooms and such from a prior sale myself. looking at it reminded me of wolfenstein though, heh.

what all's the paradox pack contain? and yeah skeets, lemme know about your AU price for Witcher 2, though i cant imagine its near what the ruskies got. i'm in for anything near $20.