Hondo's Bar

Hondo's @ Steam

The NZA

Finally bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

So far it's awesome and I'm loving how much more in-depth the "actions have consequences" system is.

I took too long getting to da choppa and the hostages died in the first mission. Restarted and got there sooner, their still alive... for now.

• 2 weeks later...

35 million active accounts on steam (27 from Hondo's!)

Steam is our direct pipeline to customers. It began as a little sleeper project—a handy tool to update Counter-Strike—and morphed pretty quickly into the world's largest online gaming platform. Steam guarantees instant access to more than 1,800 game titles and connects its 35 million active users to each other—and to us. Through Steam, fans can easily buy, play, share, modify, and build communities around Valve products as well as titles from other independent game studios. Steam is available in 237 countries and 21 different languages.

In addition to Steam, there is Source, our own state-of-the-art game engine. Its sophisticated character animation, advanced AI, real-world physics, shader-based rendering, and super extensibility have helped us create some of the most popular and good-looking games on the market for computer and consoles. We don't like to brag, but Source is considered the most flexible, comprehensive, and powerful game development environment out there. And it's about to get even better.

We've been boss-free since 1996.

Imagine working with super smart, super talented colleagues in a free-wheeling, innovative environment—no bosses, no middle management, no bureaucracy. Just highly motivated peers coming together to make cool stuff. It's amazing what creative people can come up with when there's nobody there telling them what to do.

oh yeah, they're hiring, too - artists & game devs as well as psychologists, economists & the like. so awesome.

nF16J.jpg

• 1 month later...

nice! i totally wasnt paying attention. ghostbusters is so bought for $2.50 - someone should tell bish that SH Homecoming is down to $14 or so (still too much, but then capcom wants $10 for RE5 and DMC4, WTF).

$10 for both bioshocks and $13.59 for both dead spaces aint bad either. Penumbra's an awesome deal too if you dont have it. is the newer ghostbusters game any good?

$5 for vampire bloodlines, $4 for amnesia holy shit people buy these.

+1 to Newt for the heads up(also owed for SJP-slamming from yesterday). I'm a little sad that I already own most of this too. It's okay, I'm saving my bank's overdraft facility for thanksgiving.

$5 for vampire bloodlines, $4 for amnesia holy shit people buy these.

Came back to highlight these exact things.

nice! i totally wasnt paying attention. ghostbusters is so bought for $2.50 - someone should tell bish that SH Homecoming is down to $14 or so (still too much, but then capcom wants $10 for RE5 and DMC4, WTF).

You guys should know: SH Homecoming is 66% off here making it $10. If anyone's really sweating the four bucks I'm happy to gift it.

I echo the sentiments about most of the stuff being stuff that has previously on sale, though I did grab a couple of the adventure games as they were cheap and I had never played them. Scratches and Dark Fall:Lost Souls. Also got Dead Horde, cause I'm a sucker for isometric "horde" shooting games. Might grab Silent Hill Homecoming as well, I just can never make it through a Silent Hill game. Well the two I have tried.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For nostalgia's sake i bought today the Fallout and Commandos pack for a total of 13 bucks. 7 games at a price that you cant beat... The only problem is that it seem that i cant save my games in Commandos. Anyone know what causes this?

Also, the Autumn sale is open. From 23-27 of November...

I never played any Oddworld games, but for less than 5 € i should git it a try. Anyone can recommend them?

• 4 weeks later...

yup, sale's officially started - some good deals up today, but im not looking for much past my top 10, and even then, nothing > $20. hoping Witcher 2 hits that price, might grab Psychonauts for $5 if it doesnt daily deal by the end. Deus Ex HR, Batman & Ass Creed might wait till next summer sale due to my backlog.

what about you guys?

Well Steam is having this thing where you get achievements in certain games on certain days and you get either gifts, or coal, and you can use 7 coal to make a gift or save them for the Grand PRIZE Giveaway on Jan 2nd. I've gotten Half-Life 2 Episode 1, 25% off any Bethesda game, and 2 pieces of coal so far. So if anyone wants HL2:Ep1 lemme know. It comes with Counterstrike source and a few other things, but if you have any hl2 game you should have them already.

damn, nice! one dude on GAF got the valve collection on his free piece of coal, the lucky shit.

i got nothing so far, i think i might still have some lesser indie games to give away like gish, gotta find the codes - but if no one lacks HL2, i might jump on that since i somehow dont have counterstrike.

gonna go see what's on sale today!

some crazy deals today, on and off steam.

-tried to buy Vanquish last week for Los, best buy sold out and apologized with a $6 gift card, so i grabbed Pilotwings for 3DS, a system i do not yet own but that's stupid cheap and i need more club nintendo poitns anyway, heh.

-forgot i had a $6 PSN coupon plus a few bucks in my wallet there so i grabbed Sonic CD and finally Sonic 4.

-bish got me Deus Ex HR from amazon ($10 right now, and it's good for steam!), thanks again m'man! im debating Sonic Generations for $15, they'll buy my PS3 copy for $27 right now so i'd come out ahead too.

from steam sale:

-Limbo + Mass Effect 1, like $7.50. i'm getting crazy games for next to nothing today.