Hondo's Bar

SUPERHEAT!!!

Panch

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I guess the Lockout had no ill-effect on your Miami Heat with a 8 and 1 start. Forget mid-season form. They look playoff ready NOW! They're on the west coast currently and will be bringing their talents to Lob City in a couple days. I can't wait :)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ray-allen-heat.jpg

Surprised Panch hasn't posted on this yet. Rey Allen (see what I did there?) decided not to come back to the Celtics and has joined forces with the super-team, the Heat.

My reaction?

23127159.jpg

If you don't get the reference, that's Antione Walker. He played for the Heat in the 05-06 season. The first season the Heat would win the NBA Finals. Before then? He was a Celtic. Good ole' #8. Was he a big traitor for going to the Heat? No. I was happy he won a championship. He tried hard as hell to make it work with the Celtics. It just didn't happen.

So what's different about Ray Allen? He's one of the Celtics' Big 3, you say? Antione Walker was HUGE for the Celtics, so no. That's not it. The Heat are hated this time around.

How did all this Boston/Miami hatred begin anyway? Lebron. Lebron has a tendency to put his foot in his mouth. Back when he was in Cleveland, he had the #23. MJ's number. He made a big stink about how he was going to change his number because no one else should have Jordan's number. I agree. No need to make a fuss about it beforehand, just do it and then let that be your answer when someone asks. Then the Jordan comparisons. ...that continue. Again with making a fuss before it actually happens. hundreds of clouds of baby powder later, "THE DECISION" He made a big deal... Hmm I see a pattern here. I'm aware it was done for charity and ESPN suckered him into it. It still didn't help his cause. While all of this is happening, Lebron and Wade get denied year after year by the Celtics. (Ray Allen being a key player in all of this). First regular season of NBA post-decision, Heat are beaten pretty badly by the Celtics to chants of "Overrated". Then the Playoffs, Lebron and Wade finally beat the one team that has held them back from the Finals. This year they did it again, and won. Then Lebron opens his mouth again, "It's about damn time!" I understand the sentiment, but also you didn't earn it until now. :P Victory, THEN glory.

Boston will always be #1 in my heart, but with Ray Allen in Miami, and Rondo and KG acting more childish than... any team I played against/with in HIGH SCHOOL... Not sure who I'll be rooting for this year.if a Ray Allen #20 Heat jersey landed on my lap I can't say I wouldn't be giddy as a schoolgirl and wear it.

Back when he was in Cleveland, he had the #23. MJ's number. He made a big stink about how he was going to change his number because no one else should have Jordan's number. I agree.

That was how the epic 2t/LeSham courtside fuck you off reached it's zenith. Fuck that fuck. Also fuck the Heat. And fuck the Brooklyn Nets. I'd like to add retroactively fuck Dwayne and Shaquille. In light of all this fucking fucking I would sure like to fuck Brigitte fucking Bardot in Cannes in 1950fucking3 and so the fuck would Kirk Douglas so it fucking seems: http://www.retronaut.co/2011/08/brigitte-bardot-at-cannes-1953/ Fuck.

Uh celtics were gonna cut rayray anyway and Antoine walker left the heat w a ring and then won another ring w the celtics.

That's rite.. He's got more rings than lebron. Fuk da heat.

I wish, but he only won with the Heat. He started with the Celtics, then went Mavs, Hawks, Celtics again for part of a year then traded to the Heat. He now plays in the D-League for the Idaho Stampede.

Panch - Yeah, hate to admit it... He's my boy and all, but he's been a dink lately. Him and KG not shaking hands? Not sportsman like, not cool. Rondo's been blowing his cool too much. It saddens me.

AxiZoapCAAAXttP.jpg

This might have something to do with it:

rayallen.jpg

72359610_crop_650x440.jpg

Since UConn, 34's been his number. 34 wasn't available in Boston because Paul Pierce has it. Good conference. Damn Riley's a slick mofo. He exudes slick. I hope he does stay in Boston. I could understand if he left though. Boston crowd is split: Some hate him, dubbing him "Judas Shuttleworth". Others respect what he's done and thank him for his time in Boston.

Damn, I forgot he's worn 34 before. Fuck, it feels like he's been at Boston forever. It's only been 4 years. By the time he retires he would have been with the Heat 3 years. Damn near as long as he was with you guys. Crazy.

Shit, if he wins a few championships here in Miami he'll get his number retired or better yet go in to the Hall-of-Fame as a Heater!!!