Hondo's Bar

Shadowland

The NZA

agreed; 2 was awesome, Bullseye can be entirely passed on.

ok, so the only way i can imagine this is: Matt took control of the Hand, worked out a plan with Ito (possibly the other heroes) to cross mad lines and get them shut down for good. i'd be cool with this double-crossing but they better not bitch out of what happened to Bullseye...he's had it coming for so long it's not even funny; not just Matt's women, but the entire city block that he took out where Shadowland is now...that's crossing a ridiculous line and im perfectly fine with Matt using him as part of the sell to convince the Hand he's in line or something. I know Marvel's gonna bring him back at some point, but this better not be an LMD or some shit.

Anyway, Moony playing Solid Snake and infiltrating the prisons is badass.

oh, you meant specifically...i have no idea. i was kinda assuming the end of Shadowland, though?

then again, marvel's teasers dont help me out much on books i'm currently reading. this recent " :wolvy: goes to hell" ad i keep seeing similitude mystifies me.

God it's a sad signifier when Crim is more up on the Marvel books than me.

Knew nothing of this, and next to the fact that my local store hasn't even heard of Avatar Press(and therefore nothing of the Supergod trilogy), tells me it;s time to find a new store or just start buying online or something. :/

SO just read #'s 1 & 2 & the Bullseye oneshot, seems like I've missed a lot.

Panch, you need corrective surgury if you're rating JRJR's 'art' over that. Sure the guy can't draw Iron Man for shit, but the rest of it was okay.

ANd Jameson is Mayor now? Christ

Bah. Now the guy that did the art on 'Shadowland: Blood on the Streets' I approve of. Also, that book was better than the Bullseye one. It features Misty Knight, The Shroud, Silver Sable and Paladin. I mean, it was alright. Nothing great. Just some different angles of the main story.

Also read DD 509. Good stuff. Also wish that dude woulda done the art on the event book. Man, I'm really hating on Tan, aren't I?

yeah, but..it's not entirely unfounded. he could use improvement, and the guy with Diggle on DD proper is indeed solid (i forget, might still be Lark?).

Blood in the streets was indeed good, which is nice since it's one of the minis - panch, i might be forgetting, but have you seen this Shroud dude before? if so, where? Sable & Paladin came outta nowhere, this is such a fun event. Plus, i dont know if he's ever getting his own book again (;_;) so im always happy to see more Iron Fist.

The Shroud has been around for a while. I remember him most from making appearances in old Amazing issues (80s? 90s for sure). He also saw some action during the Avengers Initiative time I think (but who didn't). He's one of THOSE guys.

The artist on DD is De La Tore(?). Maybe, I know him. Maybe I don't. I have to look up what he's done in the past.

Danny surely needs to have his own book again, but did you like him as 'thug sidekick to Luke' in that DD issue? It was weird. Also, I didn't know him and

Misty were havin' a baby? Guess the Cage's aren't the only ones with Jungle fever.

really? damn, if i ever read this dude, i totally don't recall him...and i remember Cardiac!

i dont mind Danny slumming it, personally...i adore the bru mystical city stuff, but i figure that scene's more the Heroes for Hire feel, ive still not read taht stuff so i cant really say, but it looked alright. as for Misty...

dont know if you read like the very last issue of Iron Fist, but Danny had a dojo running in an inner city, right? i forget exactly what went down, but i recall he basically sold his corporation, Misty announced she was preggers, and he proposed! lotta shit for a finale, right? which is cool, but badass chick or not, i keep seeing her run into ninja fights with the boys in this event and thinking...are they setting up for a miscarriage or wha? if there's one way to end the friendship with Matt...that's it.

For some reason I really like Misty's character and it's cool to think that best friends Luke and Danny are gonna have small children to carry on their adventures, so I'm happy. Marvel should have a book that focuses on just the family life of these folks. Luke, Danny, Jessica, Misty, Auntie Colleen, Uncle Matt, the kids. With cameos of crazy Uncle Marc, Uncle Shang-Chi and weird Uncle Peter that can't stop talking about 'power and responsibility'. I'd read that.

i get you, id like to think we could have characters with families that aren't the FF or just have them there to be kidnapped, and this group is among my favorites (really though, you can't have Marc around the kids!), but saying "throw in Peter, and I'd read it!"...haha, i mean, we could make a thread on :panch: books you'd pass on by concept alone.

for instance: even though you say you're trying to thin out your pull list? i don't even have a name for this one, but we might as well call it "Panch: DAY ONE PURCHASE".

xmzH3.png

Shadowland: Power Man #1 of... I can't remember - Pleasantly surprised. I didn't think I would, but I like this new character. That's all I'm gonna say on the subject til you read, Nick.

Shadowland: Daughters of the Shadow #1 0f 3 - Eh. Not as bad as the Bullseye issue, but not good either. It's whatever.

Curious about these new characters, though... but I'll probably be disappointed.

Shadowland: Moon Knight 1 (of 3) -

Ok... what the Hell? I get that Mooney has multiple personalities. I get that. I get that he's crazy and his God talks to him. I get that, too... but are they trying to make the reader crazy, as well? Art was great and the story was alright. Just hard to follow. Shadow Knight was cool I guess, but what does this have to do with Shadowland? They both have 'shadow' in the name? I don't see the angle. Guess that's why it's an (of 3).

...you're right, given the tone of what's going on here, it was pretty obvious.

its just, i hate when one villian gets overused so much...after he took out an entire city block, it was time to go. if there's one thing :wolvy: books have done right by me, it's leaving sabretooth dead for as long as possible.

Archived