Hondo's Bar

Thor

though i'm wondering who to go with for his villain next - Hercules, or even better, Beta Ray Bill, would be awesome.

My instinct is to say more Loki. Why move on to another villain when Loki is his best villain, his signature villain, and he turned out great. However, we are already getting more Loki in The Avengers, so maybe that's too much Loki, but a Thor film without at least some involvement with Loki is like an X-Men film without any Magneto. Sure, you can use William Stryker or Lady Deathstrike or Dark Phoenix or Juggernaut or Sebastian Shaw or Emma Frost, but if Magneto's not in there somewhere, it doesn't feel right. Loki should be in all future Thor flicks.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aw man, even with Thor's weaker rogue gallery, /disagree hard. its why i dindt want the Green Goblin in every spidey flick, and mags should take a break, there's other x-men villains and they don't need him there every time. hell, you kinda hinted at it - overexposure weakens his presence. hate to say it, but not having the Joker in bat-flicks for a while (presumably) will likely add weight to his performance at the time, at least in my mind.

if Loki's center stage in Avengers like we're hearing, the one thing i can say personally is that i dont want him in part 2, past a bit role if that. if Iron Man 2 could make a c-lister like Whiplash work, i trust Thor's people can do likewise without constantly returning to the well.

if Iron Man 2 could make a c-lister like Whiplash work

Excellent precedent. Surtur, Enchantress, Absorbing Man. All could work.

and before newt says it: i'm pretty sure sarah jessica-parker is available on short notice

Dammit, I thought that was my joke. Newt has a beautiful mind though, he very well may have beaten me to it.

Sarah Jessica Parker is a married woman, she may be busy with familial obligations.

BB3JX.png

• 1 month later...

Archived