Hondo's Bar

Sports Blargh

Panch

Yeesh...

If fighters deliver on fight night for the UFC, the promotion has no problem throwing lots of cash their way. Bonuses for Fight of the Night, Submission of the Night and Knockout of the Night have turned out to be brilliant moves and really motivate the fighters. There was no submission victory at UFC 133 so UFC president Dana White used the extra cash to award a brand new bonus -- "the thanks for getting those horrifying shorts off TV s soon as possible" bonus.

Brian Ebersole's victory was impressive, but White was happier with the fact that he no longer had to watch Dennis Hallman (pictured) in the Octagon wearing tiny, tiny blue Speedos.

White argued that Hallman's fight gear wasn't even a Speedo.

"That wasn't a Speedo. I've seen Speedos before, that had to be custom made," White said with a tone somewhere between joking and still kind of irked. "[Ebersole] deserved every dime he got!"

"I was just worried about that cup, and his uniform malfunctioning to be quite honest," joked Ebersole.

Fail

ufc_president_awards_a_bonus_because_he_hated_a_fighters_short.jpg

Win

ufc_president_awards_a_bonus_because_he_hated_a_fighters_short.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In case you needed any proof Flyers fans are d-bags...

flyers_fans_boo_rivals_alas_its_during_an_anticancer_commercial.jpg

During Wednesday night's game against the Vancouver Canucks, the Philadelphia Flyers played a Hockey Fights Cancer commercial between periods inside Wells Fargo Center. Featured in the video were players like Sidney Crosby(notes) of the Pittsburgh Penguins, Jonathan Toews(notes) of the Chicago Blackhawks and Ryan Miller(notes) of the Buffalo Sabres.

All of them rivals, all of them booed by a noticeable group of fans … and all of them asking for support in the fight against cancer.

• 1 month later...

Here, take my record setting football. Oh, wait. nvrmnd.

When Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton scored his third touchdown in Sunday's game, he made a beeline to the 16-year-old girl in the back of the end zone wearing a shirt that said "Mrs. Newton" on the back.

Katie Brown had spent the previous night designing the T-shirt and, with the help of some fans sitting around her, had attracted the attention of the rookie superstar earlier in the game. Newton acknowledged her with a smile and a laugh. Now, he was running over to give her the ball he had just carried across the goal line.

"I thought he was going to do his Superman celebration like he normally does, but then all of sudden he started running over and pointed right at me," she said. "I was in shock. I thought, I must be in a dream."

She was quickly snapped out of it. That ball, you see, was used to score Newton's 13th rushing touchdown of the season, breaking the NFL record for most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback. The Carolina Panthers equipment staff knew that and had an inkling that the Pro Football Hall of Fame may want the piece of memorabilia. So it was left to assistant equipment manager Don Toner to make a trade.

"I just asked her real nice, 'Would you mind exchanging that ball — we kind of need it,'" Toner told the AP. "And she was real sweet about it. She didn't hesitate. She was so excited she was trembling. She was just giddy about what had just happened."

Toner had grabbed a kicking tee, a game ball and four hats for the exchange. He says the team will also send her something in the mail.

Brown didn't mind making the exchange. "I honestly believe Cam deserves to have that ball because it was his record and his achievement." she said. "He should have it."

True fan there. Good for her.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 2 weeks later...

J2tHK.png

Beat me to it... but here's the story: (Mebbe this should get it's own thread.. lol)

Senior League Hockey Player Poops in Opponent's Glove After Getting Ejected for Fighting

by Ricky Doyle on Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 9:24AM

Everyone poops. The real separation comes in how each person elects to use that ability.

Gross, I know, but so is what one Boston-area hockey player elected to do after he got ejected from a game following a fight.

Zung Nguyen, a 37-year-old playing in the New England Senior Hockey League, reportedly

defecated in his opponent's glove after the two traded blows. The story came to light because Nguyen's bio on the league website reads, "Player kicked out of league for defecating in opponent's glove following a fight on the ice."

That's enough to pique anyone's interest, and is actually the story in a nutshell. Fortunately, though, Deadspin dug a little deeper, much to the delight of myself and everyone else who was left scratching their heads.

Nguyen, who plays for Rogue Squadron, reportedly dropped the mitts with the Young Guns' Dave Bermingham after Bermingham tried to poke the puck free as Nguyen had it pinned up against the boards. Bermingham received a few butt ends from Nguyen's stick, which led to the bout during what was an intense game, given the two teams' battle atop the standings.

After the fight, per league rules, the two combatants were reportedly ejected, at which point Nguyen hurled Bermingham's glove over the glass into an empty section of the stands. But rather than each player hitting the showers then hitting the bricks, the action was just picking up.

Nguyen reportedly came back out of the locker room following the start of the second period in order to retrieve his opponent's glove. He then brought it over to a semi-secluded area of the arena and defecated in it, before eventually returning it to its original spot.

According to Deadspin, Bermingham's teammates noticed Nguyen squatting over in the corner, but didn't think anything of it.

Bermingham reportedly then emerged from the locker room to retrieve the glove -- which was brand new -- later in the period. He stuck his hand inside and discovered the surprise.

Shocked, and one would imagine extremely angry, Bermingham returned to the locker room. And one of his teammates speculates that Bermingham needed to get out of there or he "would have killed the guy."

Bermingham's Young Guns reportedly received a forfeit win following the rather disturbing incident, and Nguyen ended up getting banned from the league for life. In their first game following the bizarre scene, Nguyen's team passed a hat around in order to buy Bermingham a gift card for a sporting goods store.

Nice ending to an otherwise crappy story.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've split arrows tons of times using a compound with accurate sights. It makes you feel like a badass, even though it's really just "put this point where you want a hole".

But yeah, I've certainly never cleanly placed an arrow within another one. That's crazy. Especially with his eyes closed.

My friend Rictor (rictorblackbus on here) posted it on his Facebook. He's always posted cool shit along with having funny ass tweets. I recruited him years ago, but it never stuck. It was that video and a zombie Jesus pic that I said "that's it" and decided to beg ask him to come back.

• Upvote 1