Hondo's Bar

Mobile Hondo's

The NZA

Nevermind. I figured it out. It's a setting on my phone. Yeah, way back when I was in Jersey, I'd be sittin' at work bored and would look at Hondos on my phone (remember, this was back in 05 when phones were good, but not NOW good). It would lag cause of all the images and shit so I would switch on the bare bones setting and it would just show the text and that's it. It was actually a setting on the site (at the very bottom if I recall). On my phone now I can switch off all mobile sites (every site has a mobile version nowa days) and it'll just load the site how it is on regular computers.

oh, cool - didn't even know that was an option. not a fan of the mobile skin, then? i'm still taking feedback in on that one, cause like i said in the original post, we got options.

at first i was all for the new skin, but now i rarely check hondo's on my iPhone. the mobile skin is excellent for formatting things to the phone screen and eliminates all the pesky "zooming in and out" and mistaken link clicks i'd have w/ the iPhone prior to the upgrade. however, as amynicole stated way back, it's pretty much crap for just browsing forums on hondo's. pretty much i can just click the "new content" button and then i browse those particular threads and am done. so now i just wait until i get home to a regular pc to check the place out and browse.

at first i was all for the new skin, but now i rarely check hondo's on my iPhone. the mobile skin is excellent for formatting things to the phone screen and eliminates all the pesky "zooming in and out" and mistaken link clicks i'd have w/ the iPhone prior to the upgrade. however, as amynicole stated way back, it's pretty much crap for just browsing forums on hondo's. pretty much i can just click the "new content" button and then i browse those particular threads and am done. so now i just wait until i get home to a regular pc to check the place out and browse.

Yeah, the 'Today's active content' button is my ultimate tool (heh) to navigating Hondos. Been for years now. Can't really function without it... and mobile Hondos ain't got it. If I'm gonna attempt to POST on Hondos from the cell, I'm gonna need that bad boy. If not, I'm just voyeuring like in 05.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived