Hondo's Bar

i ♥ hip-hop

The NZA

Hard not to be a fan of Nas. Guy's one of the best.

If not THE best. Nas was definitely ahead of his time. Lyrically, the man can do whatever he wants. Storytelling is his forte, though. Before him was Slick Rick, but even Rick can't hold a candle to Nas. BIG was the next to do it (commercially), but I always thought that Biggie's thing was metaphors. To me, Nas continues to be the authority on storytelling. Em can't even get down like Nas in that department (although, Em is the most versatile in everything else).

Off the God's Son's bonus disk, one of me and (the mutual friend you speak of) Ario's favorite joints. Second verse:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBcaXBkuLnU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBcaXBkuLnU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBcaXBkuLnU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Edited by Panch

Hard not to be a fan of Nas. . .

Yet I somehow manage.

yeah, just like that. it can work, but when its half your song, it sounds like a gimmicky freestyle, to me.

oh yeah, you're prolly right, huge tour prolly coming outta this - i forget, collision course did, didn't it?

and if Rock the Bells comes back to miami, ill show you a hip-hop show that goes against your words (ive been to a few weak shows too, granted). i remember paying like $50-60 for tribe called quest, wu-tang, nas, blackstar (mos/talib), pharcyde, de la soul, immortal technique and tons of others. the only shitty thing was that the cali show had the roots & mf doom, ny show had public enemy and rage. still, the lineups are amazing, and most of them put on a great show despite being stoned off their balls (meth & red seem to get more hyped then anyway).

I meant more of fail in the financial sense. I saw 311 twice back in high school, once w/ the mighty Cypress Hill. I've also seen Rahzel & Em perform live at Voodoo Fest here in NOLA. I caught this Japanese act Rype Slyme live at an outdoor show in Tokyo. I also knew this guy who was a small time DJ in Japan and went to a few of his club gigs in Tokyo. That's about it as far as my live hip-hop show experiences go though.

Oh, and this. . . :D

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

I really can't understand your Nas hate, Chris. Did you NOT hear the track above? I'm kidding. To each, its own, but will you reconsider taking me up on my Nas - The Lost Tapes challenge? Here's a preview. After this I quit.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSSlxwd5ZD4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSSlxwd5ZD4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSSlxwd5ZD4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Technique is always welcome - found out recently he's doing some humanitarian-like project, its why you've not heard anything new from him for a while.

so while 2dopeboyz (site i use a lot here for streaming) had put up yet another mix of Wiz Khalifa's questionable "black & yellow" and someone's been impersonating Ghostface in the comments section, shit's been killing me:

Ayo this Big Tony the Wally Champ aka the Black Gandhi otherwise known as Ghostface. Ayo Wiz I dont know why ya aint holla at the god when ya made this shit but Imma pardon that. Word. Imma go on tour with ya tho. Imma go on tour wit ya Wiz n Imma bag all them hoes ya tryna holla at. Nigga I be takin bitches on romantic excursions when I tour. I bag a broad n tell her ay listen Imma let ya fine ass sit on golden elephants with the god. I say shit like Imma feed ya fine ass chocolate rose pedals then Imma take ya to the ocean n we gon ride on silver dolphins at sunset. Word n Imma dick ya down all slow like on the beach then you n the god gon ride off into the waves under the moonlight on a orca n shit. Bitches love that kinda talk. Once that happen the broad usually like gummi worms in a nigga hand. Boom. Then I usually end up takin the broad to the underground parking n dick her down in the stairwell n Im out.

"Ayo whattup this that nigga Theodore aka Ghostface! Whattup to that nigga 50 Cent too. That old beef dead so we break breadcrumbs n all that. But yo my company Starks Enterprises is developing a new line of headphones too yo. They called Divine Mongoose Deluxe by Tony Starks namsayin. These shits got 6 inch subwoofers built in n shit. Imma rock niggas with these joints in the summer yo. You can get them in blue n beige or brown n cream. I call them brown n cream shits the ice cream sandwich joints. They got real mongoose fur on the inside to keep niggas ears warm n all that. The wires is thick like garden hoses so ya aint gotta worry bout them shits snappin off neither nahmean! N if ya gotta slap a nigga for disrespectin ya gate ya can put marks on a nigga with them shits. Ayo the god rockin the prototypes right now as we speak. Shit is heavy as fuck tho so yall little niggas with necks like babies arms might not be able to hold your heads up with them shits on. But yo this shit built for hardbody niggas so that might not be yalls lane anyway. Might need to go cop the little colorful ear bud joints with the jellies. Word."

44-KRS-One-LOL.gif

this GFK troll is possibly my favorite of all time :LOL: check it out: DJ Premier gives his top 25 albums of last year:

25. Ice Cube – I Am The West

24. Bun B – Trill OG

23. Celph Titled & Buckwild – Nineteen Ninety Now

22. KRS-One & True Master – Meta-Historical

21. Nottz – You Need This Music

20. Little Brother – LeftBack

19. Roc Marciano – Marcberg

18. Murs & 9th Wonder – Fornever

17. Eternia & MoSS – At Last

16. The Roots – How I Got Over

15. The Left – Gas Mask

14. Rah Digga – Classic

13. Gangrene – Gutter Water

12. Skyzoo & !llmind – Live from the Tape Deck

11. Drake – Thank Me Later

10. Fat Joe – The Darkside Vol. 1

09. Marco Polo & Ruste Juxx – The eXXecution

08. Rick Ross – Teflon Don

07. Freeway & Jake One – The Stimulus Package

06. Statik Selektah & Termanology – 1982

05. Scarface – Dopeman Music

04. Meth, Ghost & Rae – Wu Massacre

03. Strong Arm Steady – In Search of Stoney Jackson

02. DJ Premier Presents Year Round Records – Get Used To Us

01. Ghostface Killah – Apollo Kid

pretty interesting, right? i gotta re-listen to stoney jackson, it didn't click when i did last. drake and ross seem kinda high (wu massacre too, to be honest), interesting that little brother made it on there, and yeah, i didnt even know ice cube had one last year. Apollo Kids at the top spot i cant even argue with. how much you wanna bet Kanye's gonna tweet about getting snubbed here...?

but yeah, follow-up in the comments:

Ayo whattup this Ghost Deini aka the Black Ronald Reagan. Whats good Preem! Ayo the gods humbled just to be mentioned but to clench that top spot nahmean…that shits a blessing son. Word. A nigga spit out his raviolis when he seen that. The nigga Alvin at the barbershop in Staten called the god up to bless his ears with the news nahmean. He put a rainbow in the gods heart with that nah mean. He stay up on all the latest blogs info so on n so forth. Thats my word. Niggas pollyin n whatnot n he caught the god off guard n says to me yo that nigga Preem says you got the best album of the decade yo. N Im like word nigga yo ya puttin thumbtacks on the god chair to try n see if a nigga gon jump right! Nahmean. N he like nah Tone hand to Allah n all that. Thats the truth son. A nigga just started cryin yo. Tears bust out a nigga wig cos that shit just hit a nigga in his heart yo. I seen cupids on the god shoulders when I went over to the mirror n shit tryna wipe the gods tears so I could thank you Preem. Ayo the god got cherubs on his shoulders that watch over himn nah mean. Its a blessing son. Thank you.

Aight peace

later on that day:

Ayo whattup this big Ghost Theodore Deini! The god wrote a verse for this shit! I dont mean no disrespect to yall Salughters niggas but the god needed to body this shit to let yall niggas know he aint playin. The god got on his Chihuahua slippers n a lavender robe with swords on his back nahmean. Word. I aint even gon say no more.

Ayo Polly with the Wally champ

pickle dart mozart

Hibachi cookin up his art

vessels be silver arks

Tutankhamun tomb dwellin

felon roll on gypsies

Staten to Poughkeepsie

Big Ghost runs this city!

Raspberry vagina fucker

bitches call him Deini

Tony got them moanin like

Madame Butterfly Puccini

Octopuss arms niggas

reach for the god rolo

Tony gon slay niggas

Thats word to Manolo!

Japanese porcupine

rock beavers in the springtime

Alligator jumpsuits

Cabernet sav wines

Upper echelon nigga

sippin Disaronno with midgets

Frog ass niggas hoppin round

the god ribbit!

Saratoga coke milano

chimichanga daquiri

Bust a nigga pinata

the Wu factory in back of me

Ovary stuffer snuff a nigga

Geronimo Pratt stizzy

Word yo Ghost smash them niggas

2 dope bizzy!

Ayo the god just snatched that cloud from the sky cos he know yall niggas thirsty. The god dwell on ancient paths to bring the wisdom of the pharoahs to yalls niggas. Thats my word.

Aight peace."

Ayo this Big Ghost the Wally Champ. Word lets walk these dogs one time. Imma spit fire on niggas from a golden pegasus. Imma peel onions under a nigga eyes tho n make they tears shower when they realize where a nigga heart is. These is heartfelt renditions by the god. I touch a nigga heart like when niggas be watchin Dancin Wit The Stars n they got they little Unicef joints during the commercials nahmean. When they show the little niggas in Ethiopia or the Congo with the flies on they face namsayin. Even the biggest niggas be cryin like little girls when they see them babies with the missing limbs n they tummies all blown out n shit. Maggots in they hair with no arms n shit. That shit hurt a nigga heart. N I spit bars that touch niggas like that.

Ayo,

Banana champ anthem

pandas lampin in the mansion

Hickory butter mantan

fuckin bitches doin handstands

Oxymoron niggas – BLOWWW!

Shoot em out they moccasins

Allah U Akbar nigga

Catch Tony inna chocolate Benz

Danny Devito mozel tov

copacobanna lava pen

Bust ya in ya ottoman

kangaroo solomon

Appleseed faculty

Rhapsody of Malcom

Bitches wit fly panties on

girl puttin on her talcum

Yall know the outcome

Tone Stiggy blow her back out

Camel hop dickin SHIT!

Had to pull the ratch out!

Thieves under the bed

fly bohemian opera

Squeeze like accordians

TONE here come the cops for ya!

Officer I shot his nuts

Had ta blam him on his ding dong

Ring a nigga doorbell

for spittin his whole thing wrong

Palace in Afghanistan

Jackie Chan Guantanamo

Mohican fly bitches word

Peace ayo its time ta go

Word yo a nigga shower yall with vessels of nutrition for yall niggas wigs. The god put roses in yall hearts. Tellin yall bout the woes and travesties of the world n shit. Babies runnin round on sidewalks naked with no diapers on while they moms suckin dick for food stamps. Crackhead niggas stealin niggas plants out they front yard. Bitches strippin at titty bars so they aint gotta work at McDonalds n shit. Yo the god be reflectin on these devestations while he eatin his ziti nahmean. Word.

Aight peace."

:LOL: :LOL:

First off I want to say that the next video is both simultaneously what's wrong AND right with hip-hop today. Just listen:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cnr2wLOv8o?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cnr2wLOv8o?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cnr2wLOv8o?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Wow. Ok, supposedly 'Roman' is Nicki Minaj's male alter-ego.*COUGHBULLSHITdrakeCOUGH*. Whatever, I guess just saying Drake would be too obvious. Seriously though, her verses make me sad. But then you have Eminem. What that dude does lyrically is akin to what artists do on canvas. He's a genius.

Most noteworthy thing about Minaj is she's the only fap worthy MC to make it big since Queen B hit the wall like 5 years ago.

*waits for Ray Jay to leak the Minaj sex tape*

Its alright, you can keep on rocking alicia keys. ^_^

In the interest of accuracy I'm rocking Jay-Z FEATURING Alicia Keys.

what's funny is, Lil Kim's last album (the one with Lighters Up) was like my favorite ive heard from her.

Oddisee - A year in (album stream), im enjoying this so far. Blu on the 2nd track or so was a cool surprise too.

MOAR GHOSTFACE TROLLIN'

Ayo whattup this the god universal culture divine Big Tone aka Ghostface the Wally Champ! Yo a nigga just seen a purple shark rockin a cable knit coogi playin a saxaphone nahmean. Thats my word. The god had crazy visions. Ayo the moon crumbled into the oceans n shit when the god arose from his throne nahmean. Ayo Coles a nigga just peeped ya videos n what have you. I wasnt in attendance at ya actual show cos a nigga workin promotin his album n shit nahmean. A nigga stayin touch wit his fans via 2dopeboyz an what have you. Nahmean. Ayo dont forget to pick up that Apollo Kids joint nahmean. Yalls already know my joint was chosen by the god legend Preemo himself for album of the decade yo. And a nigga humbled by that shit yo. That was a honor nahmean. Nigga said ayo the god Ghost Deini had the best album since Thriller nahmean. Yalls aint never had no praises like that nahmean. But yo ever since the god was found on the shores of the river Nile in Egypt or Cairo to be exact he felt blessed. Word I already done told yalls that when the god was found the clouds parted to a bloody sky n locusts done tried to destroy the god while he was a baby n all a that. But bein that I was a made nigga they aint hurt the god nahmean. Yalls aint never been through no shit like that. Word up. Nigga I done walked through monsoons in the desert with gargoyles nahmean. Ayo the soil beneath the god feet turned to rose pedals n shit. Thats my word. A nigga open his jacket n lavender doves fly out a nigga coat when he on stage nahmean. Yalls little niggas gotta work on yalls satge presence. The god be on stage havin his little lemonade snapples n word I turn niggas phones in the audience into chalices of wine nahmean. N I tell my niggas drink from yalls chalices now n become a niggas disciple. Nahmean. Thats some shit yalls dont be doin at yalls shows. Yall next generation niggas be walkin around on stage in ya little t shirts n tight ass jeans tryna rock a crowd. Niggas got on they little applebottom jeans tryna emcee n shit. Yalls aint movin the crowd with that. I dont mean no disrespect but yalls need to step yalls stage presence up. Word. Nigga the god be throwin dynamite frisbees into the crowd n all that. Yalls niggas aint do no shit like that cos yall lack the imagination and constitution to that shit nahmean. The god be bringin sabretooths on stage with him. Word.

Aight peace.

Ayo whattup this the honorable Starky Love Jones nahmean. Peace to that nigga Nas yo thats my bloodline nahmean. We niggas of the same pedigree namsayin. Ayo a nigga got some folklores to unveil on yalls little internet niggas bout that nigga tho. I dont mean no disrespect but the god feels as tho he helped elevate that nigga chamber nahmean. Word yo back on that purple tape joint the god chirped that nigga Nas n told that nigga we needed him to come bless the Verbal Intercourse joint for the gods nahmean. Bein that we of the same divine calibers n shit he came thru n he knocked buildings down on that joint nahmean. Ayo matter fact that whole session was like a battle of the monsters from hiroshima nahmean. Niggas was like Godzilla vs King Kong vs Mothra n shit! Thats some real talk! Niggas was whylin n knockin bricks out the walls n rippin the door off the booth n shit! Niggas was throwin niggas thru walls n shit! That nigga RZA tried to get the gods to cool out n started splashin strawberry yoo-hoos on niggas n shit. At one point the nigga RZA jump up on the mixing boards n tore open his Nautica fleece. N that shit aint had no zippers or snaps or nothin of that sort nahmean. Nigga just lost his wig n shit. Ayo the nigga was holdin a spear n shit. On on on some Shak Zulu shit. I remembers that. N I looked at the god n knew something was peculiar bout the nigga demeanor cos the nigga eyes was red n them shits was glowin like christmas bulbs nahmean. The nigga just started shootin lasers out the nigga eyes n the gods was like word? So by that time niggas started droppin to tha ground like muthafuckin lead papayas n shit. Niggas had settled they little tempers n shit. Ya know. Then that nigga Rae pull a pack of owls out from his Helly n niggas just blazed for like 2 days. Nahmean. So by that time the nigga Nas had calmed the fuck down. He was back on his own cloud nahmean. N boom. The nigga went in the booth n cooked up that marvelous shit yalls is already familiar wit nahmean. But the god felt like ya know he had somethin to do with puttin a battery in that nigga back nahmean. That nigga Nas prolly remember the shit different but the god recalls that shit like it had took place this morning nahmean. Thats my word. N yo then a miracle had began to transpire. When that nigga came out the booth a muthafuckin falcon had appeared behind him n that nigga just climbed on the falcon back n they just bust out the ceiling n shit. Niggas was like oh shit ya see that nigga Nas! Niggas was on they jack callin they niggas talkin bout that nigga Nas just flew out the studio on a muthfuckin 7 foot Falcon n shit. So thats how that rumor started spreading. Yalls niggas may not had heard that shit before tho. Thats my word.

Aight peace.

Ayo whattup this Deini the Great aka the Wallabee Champ! Whats good wit yall internet niggas. Ayo I aint mean no disrespect to that little nigga Wiz or nothin of that sort but this like some serious faggot shit nahmean. Word up. Ayo the god means that with the utmost respect but this some faggot ass music son. Thats my word. This some shit for them niggas rockin tight ass Apple Bottoms n muthafuckin white sunglasses nahmean. This like the shit niggas hear in the Toyota commercials nahmean. This some shit for niggas that drive Scions n shit. This that music for them 3 dudes ridin in they car with that one broad in the backseat. Niggas aint gon be gettin no pussy to shit like this. This shit like muthafuckin broad repellent nahmean. This that shit that make bitches figure oh I get it yalls niggas wanna fuck eachother. Well let me get up out the way nahmeans! N yo the god dont mean that in no disrespectful way. If you a homo nigga ayo the god got no problems with yall. That just aint a nigga gate nahmean. But yalls do ya thing nahmean. Dont feel as tho the god tellin yall ya gotta stop suckin eachother dick or nothin of that sort. I gets yall. Word yo I knew this nigga in Rikers that actually looked out for the god. Ayo but to reiterate that shit the god aint advocate this nigga lifestyle or nothin like that. But it so happen the homo nigga looked out for the god in the chow line on more than one occasion. The nigga used to hook the god up with extra Twinkies n shit on Twinkie Thursdays namsayin. Which if yalls nigga think about it is kinda ironic nahmeans. Cos the nigga a actual twinkie n what have you namsayin. But then that nigga got stabbed with a toothbrush n thrown over a balcony n shit. That nigga dead now. Nigga looked like somebody dropped a plate of lasagna or some shit by the time them COs seen the nigga. Muthafuckin warden had niggas locked down for like 2 days nahmeans. But thats neither here nor there. But word yo the god aint fuckin with this joint yo. The god make music that make niggas wanna punch a horse nahmeans. Niggas be punchin horses when they hear my shit. Word.

Aight peace.

i'm never gonna be able to hear "the champ" again without wanting to punch a horse :LOL:

there was a new Game track but im not even gonna link it, shit was weak like clock radio speakers. ill find more new stuff to post later.

...isnt that her RAH RAH LIKE A DUNGEON DRAGON one? eh, ima have to pass for the moment. Minaj's style was so-so on stuff like "itty bitty piggy" as a gimmick but i can only take so much of it, and Recovery was weird for me cause its a good album (so, so much a better effort than Relapse or whatever it was) but i couldn't get into it cause im not on Em's style at the moment. this is why i got so many albums in queue, if im not in the mood to hear it, i feel like it's wasted on me, you know?

MF DOOM is the same way. i love the dude, but every now and then i get tired of his style and it feels like a gimmick so i stop, and then go back to shit like Mmm...Food a while later and its all good again.

oh yeah, for those of you Ye fans who checked out My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy...what did you think? its not his best, but it had more going for it than 808s & Heartbreak, i think. some of the tracks i dug were overproduced ones like All of the Lights which is a lyrical mess but still enjoyable. speaking of, Fergie's verse on that shit might be the worst i heard all last year...fuck me, she's awful sometimes.

speaking of: Kanye West & Jay-Z - H.A.M (Prod By Lex Luger) (yeah, same Lex Luger that has like 1 beat, but its alright here).

808s= garbage... all that autotune crap sheesh...

this album has definitely redeemed his status on my shelf: "devil in a new dress?" omg what a sick song...

I just got nicky Minaj's thang and that album is

BUMPIN! WOOOO!

eminems track on there is awesomez like tasty wheat.

recovery was "ok" i guess but the RELAPSE?! sik.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHEN DR DRE'S DROP IS COMING?!?! *karate explosion*

Nick. Im trying to get you to listen to it not cause I want you to like it. I want to talk about it. Her style is so BAD! Fuckin' blatant Drake. But Eminem.... I've never heard such extremes on a hip-hop song before. Seriously! This is the significance of me posting that. I mean, the beat is sick too. I'm just baffled by that song.

Edited by Panch

oh my god, that's literally the first time ive heard anyone say anything nice about Minaj's album. to each their own, haha.

she's hot (barbecue), with funny faces (grover),

this isn't hard (viagra), drake's style is played (game over).

ugh, i had to skip forward to em's shit. i dont know if em slammed his dick in a door recently or wha, but he's like the hulk: if he's not angry, no one gives a fuck (which means to say, he's clearly back "on"). there, i heard it through, now read those Ghostface posts!

as per Detox: man, at this point, Dre's trolling his fans. Lupe's doing this with Lasers too, i figure. i mean, it'll show up when it does, but in the meantime, i'd hate to be an up & coming hip-hop artist...here i am posting links and shit, and even on other hip-hop forums, every page someone's asking @ detox. it's funny.

This sounds like its Em and Dre's love letter to each other, but its still dope. The Spanish subs make me laugh, too.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtATmF-bsow?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtATmF-bsow?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtATmF-bsow?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

808s= garbage... all that autotune crap sheesh...

the album was definitely over-autotuned and i've been over autotune pretty much since akon and t. pain were working on their first of the 15 minutes. HOWEVER, to say 808s as a whoe is garbage is bullshit, meng. the first five tracks off that album are some solid joints. say you will, welcome to heartbreak, heartless, and the stand out track:

• Upvote 1

Fuck that other shit! Still best Kanye joint ever!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua61XY84gGg?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua61XY84gGg?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua61XY84gGg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

oh my god, melyssa ford is so hot, i would hit that until she found god

hakus - i like what he was going for with 808s more than i liked at least half the album itself, but i too cant hear love lockdown enough times even when it was getting played.

panch - that video is up there with Redman's I'll be dat! in my eyes, so good. i love the remix and Fansworth coming outta fuckin' nowhere, too. Ye needs to bring the bear back one day.