Hondo's Bar

SDCC Shwag Highlights

First, any real collectibles fan should check out this site regularly. He's a thorough reviewer and may possibly own every toy created ever. I drool over the thought of his fabled storage units.

Here are a few of my faves. Click this link for Capt. Toy's full coverage and browse away.

Funko has possibly come up w/ the successor to Mighty Muggs:

sdcc2010_funko_8.jpg

sdcc2010_funko_9.jpg

sdcc2010_funko_7.jpg

Possible additions tot he Hall of Newt from Kotobukiya:

sdcc2010_kotobukiya_44.jpg

The Return of Bruce Wayne awesomeness! I must have them all...even WTF Pilgrim Batman.

sdcc2010_dcd_figures_64.jpg

sdcc2010_dcd_figures_65.jpg

sdcc2010_dcd_figures_66.jpg

sdcc2010_dcd_figures_67.jpg

Arkham Asylum video game figs!

sdcc2010_dcd_figures_58.jpg

sdcc2010_dcd_figures_62.jpg

Never played the game, but this is one sweet figure. DC Direct has really stepped up their game as far as detail on sculpts!

sdcc2010_dcd_figures_6.jpg

sdcc2010_dcd_figures_8.jpg

Gahhh! Too much 3.75" scale awesomeness in one box! Head explodeyyyyyyy!!!!!!

sdcc2010_hasbro_heroes_43.jpg

And that's just the tip of the iceberg, people. I highly suggest browsing his site and posting your faves!

sdcc2010_hasbro_heroes_42.jpg

bats & GL muggs are awesome! retrun of bruce figures...well, that's only slightly more embarassing than the book, so uh, good i guess?

cap & iron man statues look crazy-good, and man i wish i could justify that ridiculous Galactus.

• 1 year later...

Damn, the 2010 pics and links are all gone. He apparently deletes the gallery after so long. It's a shame b/c he's got the most comprehensive coverage.

Anyway, here's a link to his SDCC 2012 galleries.

And I'll Hondo'share some for posterity---hopefully--this time.

Alfred E. Newman figs could be dangerous. Each one is more full of win than the previous...

ed5sA.jpg

w8DgL.jpg

qXMRl.jpg

FsgYG.jpg

DCNU build a figure Darkseid is sweet.

2m8lC.jpg

And I want this GL display so hard.

hEEuv.jpg

ch7aG.jpg

Also, Dark Horse of all places got the GOT license apparently. Not sure when they'll be released, but John snow looks fantastic. Tyrion's armor is good, but a bit off on the face somehow.

WLGy4.jpg

gPwZB.jpg

nMjtk.jpg

Diamond's Marvel Select Barbarian Hulk looks good.

5Mckc.jpg

Not too impressed w/ Hasbro's relaunch of the 6" line, especially for the price they're charging. But some cool 3.75" figs are coming our way:

iKT8O.jpg

GhMqZ.jpg

TROtk.jpg

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
pics

I try really, really hard not to buy shit like this anymore, but I'm gonna have to get at least one of those Alfred E. Neuman figures.

Yeah, but WHICH ONE?!?!? That's why I wrote these were dangerous, I want 'em all.

Also, Hot Toys are making these busts look like piles of puke. The rest of the industry needs to up their game.

Agreed. I honestly don't know why Newt anyone would pay all that money for a bust today. Just wait for Hot Toys to make what's essentially a poseable mini-statue for the same price.