Hondo's Bar

Bioshock Infinite

Visitant

Yes, Yes, hate on the cloud-killer. Never you mind that he's keeping you safe from their evil ways.

I can count on one hand the number of times I used telekinesis in combat in BOTH games. I really don't like being forced to use a power, but if you're okay with it, more power to you. Perish the thought that I never drink the elixir for a power that may be needed. In the battle between looks impressive and plays fun, i'm glad you've found a compromise.

You're ignoring my nitpickery of those three things at the end with the assumption I'm against everything, and that's why you're a negative nancy.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDG4KUf4NP8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDG4KUf4NP8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDG4KUf4NP8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Edited by Maldron

The drill was useless, and the gameplay was a bit better in that I was actually forced to do real combat.

Man, everybody keeps hating on the drill. I did a brass balls/hard run on my first and only playthrough and all I used was the drill. Stock up on the drill tonics, especially the freezing drill one, and you could tear anything to shreds!! Big Daddies and Big Sisters? No problem! Only thing I used ammo for were the gathers.

On the subject of Bioshock Infinite though, WOW. As much as I liked Bioshock 2 (hey, for a game that was clearly 2K just milking a good thing, it was damned good!) Infinite is the sequel we should have had all along. A kind of spiritual successor, rather than a traditional sequel. Love the courage to take a world that was truly unique and compelling, both in visuals and theme (Rapture) and ditch it to make what, so far, seems to be an equally compelling, yet totally different, in style and theme, world (Columbia). I'm sold. Bravo.

Edited by C_U_SPACECOWBOY

Man its sucks that I have to use powers I get in this game. It's nothing like the first two where I had to use my electricity to open doors, or my fire to melt ice, or my bee hand to be fucking awesome. Also nothing like that part in the first one where I didn't have any guns and had to rely on my plasmids to save me.

Also, if the drill was useless, you clearly didn't upgrade it enough. You could be laying on a mound of gold coins and be complaining that they were too cold, I swear.

Look guys we need to stop fighting about this. This isn't a grey area issue. This game will be amazing and those of you who don't think so are obviously wrong. It's O.K to be wrong. I mean look at the Nazis, they were wrong but did it work out for them in the end? I don't know; I hear the German economy is pretty strong right now. All i'm saying is that once you just fucking accept how amazing this is you'll lead a much happier life and if you can't accept it then you are most likely the type of person who kicks puppies. You don't kick puppies, do you?

Edited by Bindusara

Wait, is the point for not playing it or not owning a Saturn? (Even though the game was on the SEGA CD but you know lets all forget that small one point then)

Be more constructive with your feedback, plox.

I'll just wait for some remark about the non-differences between the Sega CD and Saturn.

Possibly followed by a pic of Leonardo DiCaprio walking through not giving a shit.

You still have no points because I know you own a saturn, and Mal's stated that he doesn't, which gives him the edge. Whatever incredibly irrelevant game you mentioned on the Mega CD has no bearing at all on this conversation, and for that matter, neither does my odd, mostly discriminatory point/judgement system.

I for one, am looking forward to absorbing the ambience of Infinite. It's a slight edge on watching documentaries about the industrial revolution/whatever this is.

You still have no points because I know you own a saturn, and Mal's stated that he doesn't, which gives him the edge. Whatever incredibly irrelevant game you mentioned on the Mega CD has no bearing at all on this conversation, and for that matter, neither does my odd, mostly discriminatory point/judgement system.

I for one, am looking forward to absorbing the ambience of Infinite. It's a slight edge on watching documentaries about the industrial revolution/whatever this is.

How do know I own a Saturn, I could just own an empty plastic case that looks like a Saturn.

Night Trap was the highlight of the Mid 1990's how could you not know about it. Also by the way if you don't know what it is how could you possibly assume that it has nothing to do with the conversation at hand.

I also feel like you point/judegment system if based off one of the ones from the new Sonic games. No matter how well I do i'll only ever get a B at best.

But my good sir, I do agree with you views on Bioshock I'm loving the whole floating city, zipliney thing thats going on.

How do know I own a Saturn, I could just own an empty plastic case that looks like a Saturn.

Night Trap was the highlight of the Mid 1990's how could you not know about it. Also by the way if you don't know what it is how could you possibly assume that it has nothing to do with the conversation at hand.

I'm going to have to side with my arch-nemesis on this one, that aside Night Trap was a very important game in the context of American gaming history. It was one of the two games (along with Mortal Kombat) that helped form what is now our modern day ESRB. It was pretty much a set of shitty QTEs and was pretty much unplayable (at least it was when I bought my copy of ebay years later).

I was pretty much here for support and a history lesson. Carry on.

...so if maldron's done bein' crazy, and JZA's done being wrong keeping score (this might be a math problem, to be fair), we should get back on topic: Quick Time Events can be awesome, as illustrated by Shenmue, Heavy Rain, and uh, Shenmue II.

trailer's up on live if anyone didn't watch it here, by the way.

I also feel like you point/judegment system if based off one of the ones from the new Sonic games. No matter how well I do i'll only ever get a B at best.

But my good sir, I do agree with you views on Bioshock I'm loving the whole floating city, zipliney thing thats going on.

DOn't you recall bringing that cursed device into my home one Friday night? I forget the games you brandished, but it was certainly construed by us all as quite menacing. And invocation of the Saturn instantly invalidates any arguement(which I guess now Mal is).

God of war 3 is an example of QTE done right, and NZA's Heavy Rain example is apt as well. The rail-fighting sequences hopefully won't fuck with the momentum, but if this game's vaunting free choice so much, there'll be a way of avoiding it if need be.

Anyone else curious about the lack of HUD?

Which is a shame. I know some games' options can remove it, and I gotta explore this more. Instead of giving gamers everything on a 1080p platter now, maybe it's time for a simpler approach, where you have to perform cumbersome tasks like counting bullets and a health system like Gears(though that would possibly require regen health, which is shit). Molyneux was onto some shit by at least attempting to remove minimaps. A less glittery alternative could work well here if the game's going to be as open as it claims.