Hondo's Bar

thread of infinite sadness

The NZA

WTF? Parents still do this shit in this country? Is this a religious thing? I thought this was only in bad after school specials, poor neighborhoods with angry step fathers and/or the 1950's.

It's hard to type when ones hands are shaking with rage. The saddest thing of all is the fact that she's taping it means it's been ongoing for a while. How can a person do that to their own child? A token slap on the wrist if they've done something really bad maybe but savagely whipping a little girl for turning on a FUCKING COMPUTER?? He seemed like he was enjoying it too the sick cunt.

Edited by crimsonfire

• 2 weeks later...

Not only do you live in a small trailer. You have to watch it burn. While the fire department watches and does nothing.

TNhome.jpg

A Tennessee couple helplessly watched their home burn to the ground, along with all of their possessions, because they did not pay a $75 annual fee to the local fire department.

Vicky Bell told the NBC affiliate WPSD-TV that she called 911 when her mobile home in Obion County caught fire. Firefighters arrived on the scene but as the fire raged, they simply stood by and did nothing. "In an emergency, the first thing you think of, 'Call 9-1-1," homeowner Bell said. However, Bell and her husband were forced to walk into the burning home in an attempt to retrieve their own belongings. "You could look out my mom's trailer and see the trucks sitting at a distance," Bell said. "We just wished we could've gotten more out."

South Fulton Mayor David Crocker defended the fire department, saying that if firefighters responded to non-subscribers, no one would have an incentive to pay the fee. Residents in the city of South Fulton receive the service automatically, but it is not extended to those living in the greater county-wide area.

"There's no way to go to every fire and keep up the manpower, the equipment, and just the funding for the fire department," Crocker said.

The South Fulton policy produced precisely the same nightmare scenario last year, when homeowner Gene Cranick--who had likewise failed to pay the $75 annual fee for rural Obion County residents--saw his house engulfed by flames as South Fulton firefighter watched close by. That incident sparked a debate among conservative pundits over the limits of fee-for-service approaches to government.

For his part, Mayor Crocker stressed that the city's firefighters will help people in danger, even those who haven't paid the fee. "After the last situation, I would hope that everybody would be well aware of the rural fire fees, this time," Crocker said.

historically, this is incredibly regressive. i really don't normally care for monday morning quarterbacking of fire and EMS crews, but everyone on this engine should be ashamed - here in FL, we take a constitutional oath to not let this happen, can't imagine tennessee's all that different.

yeah, article says people were out so they didn't need rescue at that point, and ly's likely spot-on with containment - you often wanna apply water to the closest structures if the fire's losing control (or you're just letting it go, haha) as a deterrent.

For example: What if one of them had suddenly remembered something that was in their home and run back in to get it? They might then get injured or trapped, thus pulling this into play:

For his part, Mayor Crocker stressed that the city's firefighters will help people in danger, even those who haven't paid the fee

• 4 weeks later...

Uhhhh, NSFW? Admittedly there are a lot of different...feelings inspired by this video, but I think it belongs here anyway.

http://www.shakethat....com/video.html

That's a big -1, humanity. Your rep stinks.

Me watching the video:

hmm.jpg

"okay, so that's not so bad. It's hunting and might seem a little dickish to some but..."

obiwan-lava.jpg

250px-Knight.jpg

comicbookguy.gif

GrimAvatar.jpg

CreepyOldGuy.jpg

gasp.jpg

Miraclemangasp.jpg

TheBoys.jpg

tumblr_lt1acliaEf1qb4mxmo2_500.gif

batlaugh.jpg

• Upvote 3

In response to Logans EFukt video....

It's not sad so much as....just fucking weird. What is more fucked up is the third person taping it, what are they getting out of it? Either way....just makes you shake your head and wonder what the fuck goes on with some people some time.

At least they didn't kill the bear then fuck IT!

In response to Logans EFukt video....

It's not sad so much as....just fucking weird. What is more fucked up is the third person taping it, what are they getting out of it? Either way....just makes you shake your head and wonder what the fuck goes on with some people some time.

At least they didn't kill the bear then fuck IT!

Yeah that bear clip wasn't anything terrible. Two people fucking on a dead bear probably don't keep with the gospel crowd so, guaranteed the cameraman was only using one hand.

:gross:

David Bellinger, a 63-year-old legally blind former New Orleans resident who moved to Atlanta after his home was leveled by the storm, said he "nearly had a stroke" when he received his $3,200 bill, with 30 days to pay. "I'm totally blind; I subsist entirely on a Social Security disability check. If I have to pay this money back, it would pretty much wipe out all the savings I have."

We're sure he's not the only one in that situation. At least one elected official agrees. "Disaster victims shouldn’t be punished because FEMA is dysfunctional," said Louisiana Sen. Mary Landrieu, rejecting a claim made by the agency that it is required by law to recover all improper payments, even if the recipient was not at fault. "Most of these families facing recoupment are honest survivors facing incredible challenges who used the funds for legitimate and urgent disaster-related needs."

jesus christ, for years i wanted to work for an agency backed by FEMA, they once had a good rep down here after hurricane andrew. they've looked fucking shameful since katrina went down, and the're still at it.