Hondo's Bar

thread of infinite sadness

The NZA

• 2 weeks later...

Y'know, I was pretty appalled when I first saw that, but my sympathies really dwindled when I started seeing her interviewed. She's terrible. This one is particularly bad. I love the awkward silences and how she just starts babbling at the end when he's trying to cut her off.

I mean...now I kinda want to make fun of her too.

Plus she's made like $650,000, so I don't have to feel bad anymore.

• Downvote 1

• 2 months later...

This is technically schadenfreude--but damn do I find it joyful when natural selection removes detriments to the gene pool w/out physically hurting anyone else. Fingers crossed none of them procreated before they died...

Is "YOLO" now being used exclusively on Twitter when people are doing something incredibly dangerous? The acronym, which means "You Only Live Once," is unfortunately proving true for some of the people who use it. The latest YOLO fatality is rapper Ervin McKinness, who performed under the names Inkyy and Jew'elz. His last tweet? "Drunk af going 120 drifting corners #F**kIt YOLO." Not long after he tweeted it, the rapper, along with three other passengers and the driver, were dead, after their car sped through a red light and crashed into a wall in Ontario, Calif. Police say both drinking and excessive speed were involved in the accident, but no bystanders or people in other cars were injured. [Source]

• 2 weeks later...

Ehhh, I think he's full of shit. They know these things can end badly, and they intended on airing it if he did. The built up a dump to cover their asses.

But 5 seconds? FIVE SECONDS? That's like an hour in broadcasting. Hold your finger over a button and count to five, the guy on that would have had to have the reaction time of a brontosaurus.

Haku, you're a Stern guy. You know damn well how fast someone can be on the dump.

• 1 month later...

Well, here's a Texas judge beating his daughter with a belt and cursing at her for downloading stuff off the Interwebs. Further evidence that education, social status, and wealth don't account for parenting skills. Judge Adams, why the fuck do you have kids?

Three posts.

Three threads.

All relevant. Clearly this behavior leaves a mark on the Hondonian mind. That's one of the reasons you guys are cool.

Out of the three threads I could put this in, this is the appropriate one...

Texas Judge Who Beat His Daughter Is Reinstated To Bench

Oh, and she has cerebral palsy.

• 1 month later...

...goddammit

Brave dog stands in traffic to guard dead companion after she is fatally struck by car in China

The heartbroken pup stood by his partner's side for six hours, nuzzling her and licking her head.

dog-8-1219.jpg

A male dog in Zhangzhou, in southern China's Fujian Province, was photographed nuzzling and standing guard over his female companion after she was hit by a car.

Heart-stirring photos out of China show a stray dog braving traffic to stand vigil over a dead female companion, who appears to have been hit by a car.

The brown and white mutt, a stray known to some locals in Zhangzhou, in southern China's Fujian Province, licks his partner's head and nudges her with his nose, as if trying to gently coax her awake.

The loyal pooch reportedly stood watch over his slain friend for more than six hours.

Xiao Wu, a local butcher, said the dog was a stray he had recently started to feed.

dog-3-1219.jpg

He often saw the two playing together, and he watched as the heartbroken pup tended to his partner's broken body, the Daily Mail reported.

dog-5-1219.jpg

The heartbroken pup licked his mate's head and tried to hug her with his front paws. The butchers swore he saw tears.

"He stayed beside her the whole day, keeping licking her and pushing her, trying to wake her up. It's very touching."

"Then he pushed her with his head, and licked her face," he told the Mail. "I even saw tears."

dog-4-1219.jpg

Witnesses said the dog stayed with his fallen companion for six hours.

dog-6-1219.jpg

..i'm gonna play Tokyo Jungle tonight :cry:

• 1 year later...

Texas Girl Taken Away From Parents For Smoking Pot, Only To Be Killed in Foster Care

Little Alex Hill would have been turning four-years-old this Friday. But rather than celebrating their child's birthday, the toddler's parents have only the bitter consolation of seeing a judge in Milam County hand Alex's foster mother a life sentence for murder.

The life sentence is a small victory in the case of 2-year-old Alex, whose July 2013 death was caused by devastating injuries at the hands of her foster mother, 52-year old Sherill Small.

Alex was placed in Small's care in early 2013, after her father admitted to child welfare investigators that he had smoked marijuana while the child was tucked away in bed at night.

By all accounts, towheaded Alexandria "Alex" Hill, was a healthy and happy toddler, living with her parents, Joshua Hill and Mary Sweeny, in Cameron, Texas in late 2012. But in Texas, using cannabis goes against child welfare policy, and Hill, who told investigators he'd been smoking pot at night, was in violation of those laws.

"Mr. Hill admitted to smoking marijuana in the house when his daughter has been upstairs sleeping," the caseworker representing the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services noted in court records.

The CPS caseworker ultimately determined that Alex's mother's frequent seizures (a medical condition), coupled with that pesky marijuana use, warranted removal from the home, and Alex was placed with a foster family.